Mistaken Identity At Soul Events

My brother was mistaken for me by an old school friend who ended up sh@gging him senseless.

He never even had the decency to let on he wasn't me - or more importantly to find out who she was and let me know.

So, whoever you are that frequents Motown do's around Northampton and used to go to Roade Secondary School - it wasn't me, OK !!!

can i be your brother please.ph34r.gif.... .......and whens the next handbag do in your area ............i have been adopted several times,,,,,,,,,but not like thatwicked.gif

Social source share

• Replies 57
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

can i be your brother please.ph34r.gif.... .......and whens the next handbag do in your area ............i have been adopted several times,,,,,,,,,but not like thatwicked.gif

wink.gif I left Northampton in 1971 and don't get up there too often - which is why he got away with it for the whole 2 weeks that he lasted (no stamina).

Come to think of it, if she was an old school friend of mine she must have been well past her best-before date. laugh.gif

Social source share

• 1 month later...

Maybe a few could share a mistaken identity moment at soul events..

I have had quite a few folk ask me at Prestatyn weekenders..." what time are you on " :D , they seem to think with my dark features i must be one of the acts...

setting up a table at future weekenders and charging for autographs, could make a few quid out of it maybe..

Also had a guy at Crossfire ask " are you Carl Fortnum " :thumbup: ..

Plus another at Cleethorpes but i really can't tell that story on here :thumbup:

Lydia and a certain lady at Cleethorpes last year, even i got them mixed up by the Sunday night..

Please share your mistaken moments.. A little light relief is welcome i think..

It's that Johnny Nash Haircut Steve, what can you do?:thumbup:

How's married life treating you mate?

Social source share

Maybe a few could share a mistaken identity moment at soul events..

I have had quite a few folk ask me at Prestatyn weekenders..." what time are you on " :D , they seem to think with my dark features i must be one of the acts..

setting up a table at future weekenders and charging for autographs, could make a few quid out of it maybe

Also had a guy at Crossfire ask " are you Carl Fortnum " :thumbup:

Plus another at Cleethorpes but i really can't tell that story

on here :thumbup:

Lydia and a certain lady at Cleethorpes last year, even i got them mixed up by the Sunday night..

Please share your mistaken moments.. A little light relief is welcome i think..

I get you mixed up with several characters. None of which I'm prepared to name!

Social source share

There is someone from the West Midlands who looks exactly like Fudge from the west midland :thumbup:...I was at Move On Soul club awhile ago and got chatting to him thinking it was Fudge...he must have thought 'Who the fook is this muppet?' but bless him he just carried on like he knew what I was talking about...he is an absolute doppleganger

Social source share

There is someone from the West Midlands who looks exactly like Fudge from the west midland :laugh:...I was at Move On Soul club awhile ago and got chatting to him thinking it was Fudge...he must have thought 'Who the fook is this muppet?' but bless him he just carried on like he knew what I was talking about...he is an absolute doppleganger

Beeks,Fudge wouldn't have thought it - he would have said it. :laugh:

Social source share

apparently i have 2 doubles locally, 1 called john and the other pete, if i had a pound every time i was mistaken for either of them my record collection would be even more impressive.

p.s. i wonder how many times they have been called gogs, and if they would like a pound etc

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!