2010-04-04: Stafford, Fancy Another One ?

• Replies 609
  • Views 62.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Guest soul elite

laugh.gif

Getting excited about Sunday!thumbup.gif

biggrin.gifSo am I ..... the people here at work just don't understand the level of excitement, they're the ones missing out poor souls!! haha yes.gif

Guest rosemary

Me & Claire S have got two golden tickets as well thumbup.gif

I've told Claire how great the 20th anniversay was & we are both giddy little bunnies.

Really looking forward to it yes.gif

xxx

Hello Alismile.gif....... glad you got your golden ticketsthumbsup.gif...... we'll see you there, coming with Kyle, Sue M, Mr and Mrs Brennan.... I'm so excited ..... nearly as excited as Southportlaugh.gif.

Speak soon xx

Any tickets left.....

Hi mate.

You can buy them online @ www.newcenturysoul.co.uk up until 10.00 p.m. Thursday evening.

As its too close to Easter to post out, any prepaid tickets will now be held on the door in your name.

Some ticket sellers will have tickets out and about this Friday and Saturday (Little Scotty, Steve Cato, Steve Thomas, Anton Ludwig, Dave Thorley & myself)

Otherwise its £15 pay on the door on the night.

Advance ticket sales have far exceeded those sold for the 20 Year Reunion in 2005.

We are expecting a huge turnout for this event.

Whilst the venue is large enough to accomodate our expected turnout we strongly recommend purchasing advance tickets - especially if travelling long distances.Regards

Mace

Guest Northern PhanTom

Something for the Stafford Purists

Side 1 of a tape, of Keb's plays

Can you name the artists and labels?

Most were covered up back then

Tom thumbsup.gif

KEB DARGE - STAFFORD - CIRCA 1980'S SIDE 1 -

Hopefully coming up from Cheltenham with Budgie - really looking forward to it.

Note to Craig from Shrewsbury - if your going and you read this I would prefer you didn't stick a live light socket in my ear AGAIN when I'm all sweaty from the dance floor (they dangled from the ceiling where they'd taken some of the tables away from around the dance floor) It felt like I'd been whacked by a lump of 2 by 4.

I do hope Budgie goes,hav'nt seen him in a very long time.Gilly

Hi Gilly,

Last time me and Eddie saw Budgie was at a do in Cheltenham.

About 3 years ago.

Greety was DJ'ing along with Jo Wallace.

Be good to catch up with him again.

Cheers

Tabs

Be good to catch up with the

I do hope Budgie goes,hav'nt seen him in a very long time.Gilly

Just read through all those posts, some lively debate..........:thumbsup:

As one who never attended any of the original events, am very pleased to have the opportunity to hear some of the Stafford sounds still played (in the mix) via present day Allnighters such as Lifeline......

I agree with Chalky who posted :

"don't no why anyone is complaining. I can't wait, gonna be a great night, nostalgia for those that want it and the "Spirit of Stafford" as it's termed for those that want to "move on" for want of a better phrase. If you are not interested in the third room stay in the other two"

I am viewing it as I do most Allnighters, a chance to enjoy yourself and listen to the music we love with like minded people..........:)

Following on from the USOS Allnighter on the Saturday, what better Easter weekend ? The resurection of the Lord may have a greater significance for a slightly wider audience , but I know at which alter I'll be preying this Sunday morn..............:huh:

Guest souldjer 1

last minute gap in work gives me the chance to go if i get 3 tickets.

travelling from plymouth to jct3 m5 to pick up megsy then stafford nxt stop.

canny wait

deano,yvette megsy annnd maybeeeee ady heaney

if he can get out of a family meal/party.

i have faith in you mate

Hi mate.

You can buy them online @ www.newcenturysoul.co.uk up until 10.00 p.m. Thursday evening.

As its too close to Easter to post out, any prepaid tickets will now be held on the door in your name.

Some ticket sellers will have tickets out and about this Friday and Saturday (Little Scotty, Steve Cato, Steve Thomas, Anton Ludwig, Dave Thorley & myself)

Otherwise its £15 pay on the door on the night.

Advance ticket sales have far exceeded those sold for the 20 Year Reunion in 2005.

We are expecting a huge turnout for this event.

Whilst the venue is large enough to accomodate our expected turnout we strongly recommend purchasing advance tickets - especially if travelling long distances.Regards

Mace

Just checked on the site (6:50pm) says tickets no longer available on-line. Last minute thing I know, and planning to come up from South Wales, worth taking a chance will be able to pay on the door (two of us)?

Guest Chris Waterman

Just checked on the site (6:50pm) says tickets no longer available on-line. Last minute thing I know, and planning to come up from South Wales, worth taking a chance will be able to pay on the door (two of us)?

Check your email kidda

The daft thing is - I've got a ticket right, but already I'm panicking about; travel, do I drive, and if I do, where do I park, what happens if I have a drink, won't be able to drive home, but what if I'm not enjoying it, I can't get home, what if I get a lift but they want to go home early/late, all that sort of thing - instead of looking forward to it, I go out so rarely now that I think I try and find excuses not to go! F*cking stupid I know. I bet I don't go. Oh, I've definitely got one spare ticket at £10 if anyone needs it

The daft thing is - I've got a ticket right, but already I'm panicking about; travel, do I drive, and if I do, where do I park, what happens if I have a drink, won't be able to drive home, but what if I'm not enjoying it, I can't get home, what if I get a lift but they want to go home early/late, all that sort of thing - instead of looking forward to it, I go out so rarely now that I think I try and find excuses not to go! F*cking stupid I know. I bet I don't go. Oh, I've definitely got one spare ticket at £10 if anyone needs it

FFS you big pussy, just get yourself a lift down there! I'm sure amongst the thousand folk attending there'll be someone who can put up with you for long enough to give you a lift home Pete laugh.gif I'll be there to give you a smug sort of a hug and some bits for wee Gracie, but don't let that put you off.

Smugs x

ditto packed in niters discovered big breakfasts & warm sunny sundays ! you will be 55 next revival same as myself so get your arse in gear & stomp on !!

Pete, if you're that stuck we will run you back in the morning:yes:

is anybody playing any 60s unknowns like decent acetates with the WOW facture, & with John Pugh on, the money on the door will be well worth it

Rob G

That's the idea of the 'Spirit Of Stafford' room

Pete S

Just get yourself there, like in the old days worry about getting home later, be good to see you Pete.

For all the people contacting me, Chris and Mace, don't worry you'll get in. No one is gonna be left on the pavement, just get yourselves there and we'll all have a good time.

Dave

OK here are the DJ times.

We have tried to give it as authentic a feel as possible with DJ's doing sets close to the times they used to do. Except Robin, he is going to kick off the night, as Richard would have done with a modern soul showcase, so even this has the authenticity of the original nights.

The other two rooms have been planned so those who worry about hearing two dj's at the same time don't have sets that directly clash with the main room.

We have tried to think about everything for your enjoyment.

Main Room

9-10 Robin

10-11 Gary Rushbrooke

11-12.20 Dave Thorley

12.20-1.40 Guy Hennigan

1.40-2.40 Adam

2.40-4 Keb

4-5 Ady Pountain

5-6 John Pugh

(Original) Oldies Room

12-1 Nick Marshall

1-2 Budgie

2-3 Dave Greet

3-4 Steve Whittle

Spirit Room

10-11 Malayka

11-12 Andy Dyson

12-1 Mick H

1-2 Butch

2-3 Dave Thorley

3-4 Sam

Guest frenchie

hahahaha....Stop being 50!!! We all have them thoughts at our age!!

2 days to go and CANNT WAIT, going to be a good un!

:D

ps a liitle bird has told me Mr K from Preston is attending???

Guest Mrs Simsy

Come on Pete!:lol:

I've only met you once!:D Know that Simsy wants to chew your ear off too!laugh.gif

Guest Mrs Simsy

FOR RELIGIOUS REASONS I PRESUME KNOWING THAT YOUR A GOD-FEARING KINDA GAL !!!!!!!!!smile.gif

CPTN M

Absolutely, good catholic girl me!innocent.gif:lol: Trust that you'll also be on your best behaviour Chris?:D

Can anyone tell me where the car park is in relation to the venue? Don't have anything as fancy as sat nav so it's good old fashioned Google maps guiding us!:D

Guest rosemary

Can anyone tell me where the car park is in relation to the venue? Don't have anything as fancy as sat nav so it's good old fashioned Google maps guiding us!:laugh:

we also would like to know where the nearest car park is:yes:........ even though Sue used to go every week I'm having to be the co-pilot:laugh: as we don't 'do' satnav:no:

Guest Chris Waterman

we also would like to know where the nearest car park isyes.gif........ even though Sue used to go every week I'm having to be the co-pilotlaugh.gif as we don't 'do' satnavno.gif

Hi All

Please bare with us on this, I have just again got off the phone with Tesco's and they will tell me tomorrow if we can use their car park (for a small charge) the Head Of Security is off today, they had said they wanted a grand to hire it, but they may be having second thoughts and they be willing to man it and charge, if they say no, then you must NOT park there, will get back to you on this, in the meantime you could check google maps for the nearest, I know from my last visit there is one just past the train station(5 mins walk)

Best

Chris W

Guest rosemary

Hi All

Please bare with us on this, I have just again got off the phone with Tesco's and they will tell me tomorrow if we can use their car park (for a small charge) the Head Of Security is off today, they had said they wanted a grand to hire it, but they may be having second thoughts and they be willing to man it and charge, if they say no, then you must NOT park there, will get back to you on this, in the meantime you could check google maps for the nearest, I know from my last visit there is one just past the train station(5 mins walk)

Best

Chris W

Thanks for info Chrissmile.gif..... will also 'google' the areayes.gif

Please don't anyone take this the wrong way. But thirty years ago, did you ever say 'I wonder if I'll go tonight, cuz parking is always a problem there' It's a bank holiday sunday most parking restriction won't apply, just get along and enjoy yourselves, but don't use Tesco's un-less Chris says it's OK.biggrin.gif

OK here are the DJ times.

We have tried to give it as authentic a feel as possible with DJ's doing sets close to the times they used to do. Except Robin, he is going to kick off the night, as Richard would have done with a modern soul showcase, so even this has the authenticity of the original nights.

The other two rooms have been planned so those who worry about hearing two dj's at the same time don't have sets that directly clash with the main room.

We have tried to think about everything for your enjoyment.

Main Room

9-10 Robin

10-11 Gary Rushbrooke

11-12.20 Dave Thorley

12.20-1.40 Guy Hennigan

1.40-2.40 Adam

2.40-4 Keb

4-5 Ady Pountain

5-6 John Pugh

(Original) Oldies Room

12-1 Nick Marshall

1-2 Budgie

2-3 Dave Greet

3-4 Steve Whittle

Spirit Room

10-11 Malayka

11-12 Andy Dyson

12-1 Mick H

1-2 Butch

2-3 Dave Thorley

3-4 Sam

hi Dave is it finishing at 6 or 8.00 dj line up says 6, but flyers say 8.00

CHEERS Steve T

Guest Matt Male

Pete if i can drive 350 miles from Scotland during the day and then attend a nighter later, then you can make it. It'll be good to see you, last time was Stoke about ten years ago. thumbsup.gif

Go for it!!!

I'm in the same boat haven't done a full nighter since 1980 and up to this week kept thinking of the negative things but now over this and really looking forward to Sunday.

hi Dave is it finishing at 6 or 8.00 dj line up says 6, but flyers say 8.00

CHEERS Steve T

Hi Steve

I posted tis a week ago, you must he issed it.

Dave

Some good and bad news

Bad news, the police informed us yesterday that the event can only run until 6am. They tell us that if they let it run until 8am it would go over into another shift change and cost them alot of money and they don't have the budget for it. Policing in YK2!!!!!!!! Although the club has a 24 hour music and dance licence, they don't wish to push the point, as for them it is a new venture and they need to keep on the good side of the local boys in blue.

Also Keith Minshull has decided not to DJ.

Good news, having rung round or emailed all the other DJ's we have a full contingent. All are really excited and have records ready to go. It's really great to see these bunch of guys come together just one more time. We have all moved on, but for one night only we are all going back there, fantastic!!!!!!!!!!. As for time, we will still have full hour sets for everyone as I had built in some slack originally, just incase of unforseen problems.

Guest coltaylor1

Hopefully coming up from Cheltenham with Budgie - really looking forward to it.

Note to Craig from Shrewsbury - if your going and you read this I would prefer you didn't stick a live light socket in my ear AGAIN when I'm all sweaty from the dance floor (they dangled from the ceiling where they'd taken some of the tables away from around the dance floor) It felt like I'd been whacked by a lump of 2 by 4.

saw craig at bury last month . not funny at the time but we had a good laugh about it well we did when it happened must have been mad and craig says he will be there

col rochdale

Guest Chris Waterman

sorry for lateness but just found out i have monday off work ohmy.gif

so if poss is there anyway i can make sure me & the missis could still get in by paying on the door,or if i could pay for 2 tickets etc before travelling up thumbsup.gif

any help/info: pipspeed69@btinternet.com or: 07792 529755

thanks if you can help thumbsup.gif

Sorted