2010-04-04: Stafford, Fancy Another One ?

• Replies 609
  • Views 62.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Oooh can't believe be going back to the old venue....got so excited about it been busy on youtube...s few sounds I'm sure we'll all be hearing Sunday!

Hope you enjoy and gets you in the mood...see you all Sunday!

Jonzy in Shrewsbury

And here's one I did earlier

Stafford volume 3!

Edited by soulechoes

Guest Chris Waterman

Chris. Just picked up my ticket. What time's Boy George on?

Sean

I just sat and looked at your post and thought 'WTF' is he on about? then it dawned on me....................Couture Club!! you wag you

Will be in the Grapes pub just down from the club, opposite the picture house around about 7.30 to 8.00, see you down there

Best

Chris W

Can any one help, looking on google earth there is a pub down the road called The Grapes, knowing how out of date these pictures can be, does anyone know if it's still there?

Have a look on google maps it's still there, our fave haunts used to be The malt & hops, The Bear & The Swan not been in any of them for an age.

Ken

First of all a big shout to the lads who have organised this. Brilliant effort --well done ladsthumbsup.gif The buzz about this is fantastic--all your hard work will be rewardedthumbsup.gif

Me and my motley crew are well looking forward to this. I was of course too young to attend first time roundinnocent.gif --but am preparing myself for a top top night of sounds and atmosthumbsup.gif Cant wait

15 record dealers already booked in.

Once again, please be sure to let me know if you need table space cus we cannot guarantee table space if you fail to pre-book it.

There is only room for 2-Row boxes (approx 200 count) per dealer (you will each have approx 18" of table space).

Sorry to be so strict, but we want to accomodate as many record dealers as possible.

You won't be in some back room away from it all, you are gonna be on the old stage area overlooking the main room dance floor, so expect a lot of traffic through your sales boxes :thumbsup:

We will have table lights and extension leads set up in place.

Regards

Mace

How far is the walk from The Swan to the Club? I'm staying there (well having a Sunday morning nap before the drive home).

Comrade Moustache

Guest Matt Male

15 record dealers already booked in.

Once again, please be sure to let me know if you need table space cus we cannot guarantee table space if you fail to pre-book it.

There is only room for 2-Row boxes (approx 200 count) per dealer (you will each have approx 18" of table space).

Sorry to be so strict, but we want to accomodate as many record dealers as possible.

You won't be in some back room away from it all, you are gonna be on the old stage area overlooking the main room dance floor, so expect a lot of traffic through your sales boxes thumbsup.gif

We will have table lights and extension leads set up in place.

Regards

Mace

15 x 200 = 3,000 records to look through. ohmy.gif I'm sure i'll find time for a dance as well...

Guest Sean Haydon

Sean

I just sat and looked at your post and thought 'WTF' is he on about? then it dawned on me....................Couture Club!! you wag you

Will be in the Grapes pub just down from the club, opposite the picture house around about 7.30 to 8.00, see you down there

Best

Chris W

Sorry mate, just my stupid sense of humourrolleyes.gif. Will try to come to the pub to ya then, you paying?

Sean

How far is the walk from The Swan to the Club? I'm staying there (well having a Sunday morning nap before the drive home).

Comrade Moustache

From the Swan to the club is about 3-4 mins walk , straight to the bottom of town to the Grapes pub ( yes its still open ) turn right and its 50 yards on your right. I myself being a Stafford lad will walk the 10 minutes from home to the club. Roll on tomorrow. :D

Guest Mrs Simsy

Wow, i've just used Google street maps for the first time (i'm a bit behind!:lol:) to see where the club was & it looks great!:lol:

Long time since we were in Stafford-coming early doors- and may be attempting to leave 3 am-laugh.gif -bet that goes to plan !!laugh.gif

Goodbye my voice-already croaky after football yesterday-so that will be gone as well.

As in previous posts by other people the one thing missing for us is PETE LAWSON-sat on the floor looking through records and talking Bo****ks

He'll be there in spirit though !

See you all later

Rob

Well the day has come and me and Nicola are going to start getting ready,Chris Ashby will be over at 1pm so for me and him it will be just like the older days.This for sure will be a truely fantastic nite,they will be that many faces you hav'nt seen for a long time it is gonna be hard as to who you speake to first(ill be the one with the tears in his eyes)it holds some great loving memories. For those of you who did'nt go originally i know you'll get your moneys worth and it will be great to welcome you all and give you a look as to what it was all about.Dave Thorley top man my hat goes off to you,not forgetting Chris Waterman and the rest of the guys who helped put this all together.god i'm nearly crying already Gilly and Nicola

Well the day has come and me and Nicola are going to start getting ready,Chris Ashby will be over at 1pm so for me and him it will be just like the older days.This for sure will be a truely fantastic nite,they will be that many faces you hav'nt seen for a long time it is gonna be hard as to who you speake to first(ill be the one with the tears in his eyes)it holds some great loving memories. For those of you who did'nt go originally i know you'll get your moneys worth and it will be great to welcome you all and give you a look as to what it was all about.Dave Thorley top man my hat goes off to you,not forgetting Chris Waterman and the rest of the guys who helped put this all together.god i'm nearly crying already Gilly and Nicola

An emotional post Gilly - I know how special it was for you and many of us - looking forward to seeing you both (and many more) later. It feels a bit like a pilgrimage...

Hi Dave looking like its going to be a great night. This would have been the only night/allnighter that would have gave me the urge to get to something but instead stuck in a fire station in the middle of the desert in Libya.angry.gif

Hope all goes well so I can come to the next one, but not in 25 years!!wink.gif

Derek Robertson

PULL YOURSELF TOGETHER MAN-STIFF UPPER LIP-THINK OF ENGLAND-ITS ONLY A 'NIGHTERlaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

See you there Gilly !

Rob

hi gilly be nice to see you again, we.ll be there cu ltr . mick

Phew for a moment at 5.30 this morning I thought I'd have to stay home as Violet was up crying with a temperature. Several spoons of calpol later she's still hot, but prepared to sleep at Grandads. Good girl thumbsup.gif

Its sure gonna cost me tomorrow... but will be a small price to pay!

See ya later...

Hi Alan

Is Colin Law coming down????, did mean to ring Stuart Cosgrove, but forgot.

Dave

Yep he is, and Jock and Pepsi. They're staying at the hotel down the road from the club. Well they were when I saw them a few weeks back.

Guest Mrs Simsy

Is it time to get ready yet?:hatsoff2:

Gilly, liked your post. Can't wait to see what it was all about. My dad used to go when i was toddling about.:D

t-8 hours until we leave!:hatsoff2:

Guest Chris Waterman

I bet you think they'll be time to film it Dave-there's people to meet and records to look through !:laugh:

best bet is Andy Holroyd I'll PM his number to you

Rob

Andy is sorted, pity we could not get Oscar along as well, five years ago it was funny as feck watching the pair of them filming/painting only to to jump off stage to dance to something that took their fancy.

til later

Chris W

Is there a cloakroom in the TOTW ? Thanks in advance

Mick.

Yes there is a cloakroom that will be manned by the club.

In fact, as the seating is mainly high backed booths there is no option for hanging your coat on the back of a chair so to speak, so if you don't want to leave your coats in the cloakroom please leave them in the car. thumbsup.gif

Over 20 record dealers now booked in, and that's pretty much all we can accomodate with 200 boxes. thumbsup.gif

Anyone else planning on bringing sales please restrict it to a 50 count box as we cannot guarantee you space on the main sales tables now.

Regards

Mace

Oooh can't believe be going back to the old venue....got so excited about it been busy on youtube...s few sounds I'm sure we'll all be hearing Sunday!

Hope you enjoy and gets you in the mood...see you all Sunday!

Jonzy in Shrewsbury

And here's one I did earlier

Stafford volume 3!

CYA THERE BUDDY !!!!

CHRIS MORGAN thumbsup.gif

Ay Up Youth

Steady on now, tis gonna be a good night though. Mind I have to say, hats off have to go to Chris and Mace, without them this wouldn't of happened.

Dave

Ay Up Youth

Steady on now, tis gonna be a good night though. Mind I have to say, hats off have to go to Chris and Mace, without them this wouldn't of happened.

Dave

Dave, have I already told you you're a touch of velvet short of a cape? :laugh:

After slating you for having the memory of a goldfish, I'm completely in the bad books of the South London Massive as after offering to bring everybody in our 8-seater family bus, I'd neglected to notice until last night that the tax & MOT had run out in the week, doh. So now we're in the little car which seats two & a half, and we'll all be on very intimate terms by the time we get there :wink: Brings back memories of driving to Bretby with Dru sitting on the floor of the car between my knees. Happy days :laugh:

Guest Phil Richards

Hi All

When Chris and I did the last one I said it was a one off. Well five years have passed since then and the love for the venue does not seem to have deminished, so plans are a foot to put on another re-union next year.

So the venue is going to be awesome, and if this time round we can persuade Gary Rushbrooke to do it, what playlist would you most like to hear him spin.

Any other little details or features you would like to see, we are already working on the infamous card school, with many of it's original players ready to lose their shirt in the wee small hours.

Dave

Looking forward to this see you later

Dave, have I already told you you're a touch of velvet short of a cape? :laugh:

After slating you for having the memory of a goldfish, I'm completely in the bad books of the South London Massive as after offering to bring everybody in our 8-seater family bus, I'd neglected to notice until last night that the tax & MOT had run out in the week, doh. So now we're in the little car which seats two & a half, and we'll all be on very intimate terms by the time we get there :wink: Brings back memories of driving to Bretby with Dru sitting on the floor of the car between my knees. Happy days :laugh:

Just drive it anyway, police will always you a few weeks grace on a tax disc. I ran around for over a month on an out of date and got stopped three times. Each time they simply said 'make sure you get it done this week'

Dave