Patti & The Emblems Gonna Love You Boot Or Not?

Martint

I sold a copy of this that I was certain was original - styrene demo with the pink A on the My Hearts so side. Buyer (who is on here) has just got back to me saying he thinks it's a boot as the pink A is on the "wrong" side (i.e. it's not on the gonna love you a long time side). I always thought the boot had a black A - can it be an original with a pink A on the other side to Gonna love you? I've just read some posts on here (archived) which suggest that this is actually a rarer version of the demo but can anyone confirm? It just didn't feel like a boot in any way to me and I'd be amazed if it was. However, I just want to be clear before someone gives up a great record (and if the consensus is that it's a boot then obviously I'll have it back no bother).

Thanks in advance.

Social source share

i thought pink A was a boot, an sold my copy as such.........so hope i wasnt turned over......regards ezzie

More concerned with whether the (pinkish) red A can be on either side. Hope you weren't turned over too.

This is the thread that I think answers my question but I'd welcome some reassurance

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/forums/topic/49818-patti-emblems-boot-currently-162/page__p__514857__hl__patti%20emblems%20boot__fromsearch__1entry514857

Edited by martint
Social source share

Pink A on both sides are originals the IGLYALLT with the pink A

was the rarer one but 100% legit.

apparently withdrawn and released again with the A on the correct or B side as we know it

gasher

Looking at the small cat no, glyallt has the higher no (27 at the end) which would make this the B side.

Social source share

• 2 years later...

Here is a discussion from another thread about this record. It discusses the identification about the original versions and the Bootleg versions.

The synopsis is included at the bottom of the posts.

Q, I have just purchased a demo of 'Patti & The Emblems - I'm gonna love you a long long time' and I am trying to get confirmation that it is an original demo or not.

The runout on the 'Gonna love you....' side has 'K-11127-4' scratched into the vinyl, and the 'My hearts so full.....' side has 'K-11126-4'. It has a red 'A' on the 'Gonna love you.....' side.

A, Real 'un I reckon.

But check your deadwax. Mine has 11126-1 and 11127-2

Q, Doesn't bootleg have a Monarch Delta #?

A, Yep

Q, Is not the run out groove very wide as well on the boot.

A, The run out groove on my obvious boot is quite a bit wider then this one

it came out with the red A on the other side as well, that being the rarer demo.

I would say it IS original, since you have a boot with the wider run out groove as well.

checked my demo and mine has K-11127-3 for the "I'm Gonna Love You..." side and K-11126-3 for the "My Heart's..." side.

The Red A is on the "My Heart's ... " side. There's also a T1 in the dead wax.

Just checked mine, Gonna love is the red A side with the K-11127-2 matrix, and My Hearts is K 11126-1, So why the matrix change of 3 and 4, and with Steve's the 4 both sides ???

I think you'll find that originally that was the "A" side only after radio play re-released with "A" on Gonna love you.......

The most common boot had a black "A", and was made at Monarch in L.A. and has a Delta number in the 103,000s (late 1970s). Not sure if there was a red "A" boot, but yours looks real and your Matrix numbers are original, as far as I know (at least on one 1960s issue).

Mine has red A on i'm gonna love you side with k 11127-2 & k 11127-1 on other.

Maybe it is the case that some were pressed at different plants, hence the slightly different matrix numbers? I don't know whether 'Kapp' used more than one pressing plant, maybe someone on here will know that.

Kapp DEFINITELY used more than one pressing plant. They had several variations of the same issues. They pressed in L.A., on The East Coast, and in The Midwest.

Synopsis

Original Demos of this record were pressed at various pressing plants across the USA, namely L.A., The East Coast, and in The Midwest, and have variations of Matrix numbers on the run out wax. All have the same numbers K-11126 and K-11127, but they end with either the numbers 1,2,3 or 4. i.e K11126-1,2,3 or 4,.

Original Demos carry the red 'A' either on the 'A' side 'My heart is so full of you' (first press), the 'B' side 'I'm gonna love you a long long time' (second press after radio play), or on both sides, the rarest Demo of them all. These are all original Demos

Bootlegs of this record have a black 'A' on the 'B' side 'I'm gonna love you a long long time', and carry the matrix number 103,000s, these ware pressed at the 'Monarch Delta' pressing plant in Los Angeles in the late 1970s, and have a considerably wider run out groove than an original demo press.

Prices for the original Demos have ranged from £450 (peak) to £250.

Bootleg prices of this record range from £10-20.

Edited by Steve Luigi
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!