• Replies 10
  • Views 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Matt Male

Discuss

Always true to myself, because no one else ever will be. Integrity, conviction, loyalty, honesty, all these things mean a lot to me, whether in matters of work, life or soul music.

Social source share

True to yourself . . . . . . an art born out of maturity, not necessarily age:

From Keates

When old age shall this generation waste

Thou shalt remain, in midst of other woe than ours

A friend to a man, to whom thou say'st,

"Beauty is truth, truth beauty, - that is all

Ye know on earth, and all and all ye need to know".

He was talking about a grecian urn, but it applies very well to vinyl. True to yourself? True to a scene you enjoy . . . . . . ovo, beautiful . . . . . . .true.

Edited by Dean
Social source share

If you cant be true to yourself...you will spend all ya life hiding behind a mask...of lies...which eventually will catch up with ya...and destroy all that you thought you had in the first place....Delxxx

A very profound way of putting it...thumbsup.gif Are you listening SIMON COWELL?

Social source share

Guest hurryup

Having a depth of self-awareness, loving yourself - warts and all, accepting and being happy with who you are, brings honestly within your being - then you are not only true to yourself but to those around you.

Treat people how you would have them treat you, be genuine and open, treat everyone as an individual and respect their individuality.

Live in the 'here and now' not in the past but take time to reflect.

What more could anyone ask of another human being :smile:

Social source share

Nice to see you back Barry, I know you haven't been feeling too well.

True to your self.

Not sure if I can discuss this yet? Not too sure who I am, well not 100% of the time?

Heavy stuff but honesty I suppose is the first step towards knowing who you are, liking, loving who you are and then being true to your self.

I feel that I have constantly evolved and I still have a fair bit to go. When I look back at some of the mistakes I have made and remember some of the people I have hurt I kinda don't like who I was.

Very heavy stuff indeed!

:tumbleweed3:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!