Where Is J.j. Jackson?

Guest Steve Jarrell

Guest Steve Jarrell

I had heard that J.J. Jackson was living in England. Does anyone know his whereabouts? I have always been a big fan of his and wanted to contact him about doing some shows in America.

Thanks

Steve Jarrell

Social source share

• Replies 10
  • Views 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I had heard that J.J. Jackson was living in England. Does anyone know his whereabouts? I have always been a big fan of his and wanted to contact him about doing some shows in America.

Thanks

Steve Jarrell

He did live in England for a while , but he went back to the States , and lives in Jacksonville , Florida I believe .

Malc Burton

Social source share

That just reminded me, last week I passed a pub in Stokesley Nth Yorks advertising a reggae night with............. JJ Jacksontumbleweed3.gif

BH

At our local last Saturday , they advertised " Tonight - top vocalist Santa Clause " ......

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

Thanks

Steve Jarrell

I'm not sure where he lives now but back then.

>>> J.J. Jackson "But It's Alright" <<<

------- RECORDED IN ENGLAND

Brilliant record, couldn't believe it when I found out.

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

I'm not sure where he lives now but back then.

>>> J.J. Jackson "But It's Alright" <<<

------- RECORDED IN ENGLAND

Brilliant record, couldn't believe it when I found out.

He was plying his trade in the UK prior to recording " BIA " in the UK 1966 . The single featured several of Britain's top jazz musicians of the day , including Terry Smith on guitar , Dick Morrissey on tenor sax , and John Marshall on drums , who later toured with him as his backing band .

Malc Burton

Social source share

Thanks

Steve Jarrell

Apparently in Florida (sensible bloke with this kind of weather) his mate Sidney Barnes said that he never

got any money for "But it's alright" - boy haven't we heard that before ? :thumbsup:

Chris L

Social source share

• 4 weeks later...

He used to live next door to a mate of mine in Milnsbridge Huddersfield then moved back to the states.I believe he also released a record called Sho nuff got a good thing going,nice record

J J Jackson also composed the UK pop group The Pretty Things' 1966 hit single , " Come See Me "

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!