Ronnie Walker - That 70's Show

Great news for Ronnie Walker fans, as you will know he is over hear for a short tour to promote the release of his new single. You can catch him at the Riverside in Gloucester tonight singing some of his Northern tracks but for fans of his later stuff we have managed to put on an extra night in Cheltenham where he will be performing some of his later stuff such as "You're the One" and "You've Got to Try Harder".

We have secured a brilliant venue for the event namely COPA in Regent Street (in central Cheltenham, opposite from the Everyman Theatre a very well known local landmark). Tickets are just £4 and are selling fast (yes really!) so pm me if you would like to reserve one. Music will be provided by Neil Self of SoulFusion fame and myself and will be a mixture of 70's stuff to present day releases.

Kick off is 8pm and we go on til 11.30 or so.

PM for any details

Merry Christmas to anyone reading this post

Sean

post-7856-12611620052623_thumb.jpg

• Replies 6
  • Views 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

If anybody is in 2 minds about going to this event do yourselves a favour get yourself down to Cheltenham. We had Ronnie Walker at Solid Hit thursday night & you won't believe how good he is until you see him, superb voice, good stage presence & a lovely man thumbsup.gif absolutely fantastic & I wish i could have got to one of the other venues this weekend myself to see him again, he really is that good!!!

Solid Hit is a 60s only event & Ronnies playlist reflected that with only one (I thinkg.gif) 70s track creeping in but he is playing a different set at each club & I believe for this night it's gonna be all 70s / crossover. The great thing is Ronnie wrote all of his songs himself so each individual song is a part of him. Don't pass up this opportunity to see him in action for the last time before he flies home.

Trust me you are in for a treatyes.gif Have a look in lookbacks at "Solid Hit in the snow" for peoples reaction & I've had calls txt & emails all friday from people thanking us & saying how good he was.

My camera broke down so couldn't film it, if anybody does film Ronnies performance & somebody should I would love to see a copy

Best Wishes you lucky people ....you've still got it to comethumbsup.gif

Dave

If anybody is in 2 minds about going to this event do yourselves a favour get yourself down to Cheltenham. We had Ronnie Walker at Solid Hit thursday night & you won't believe how good he is until you see him, superb voice, good stage presence & a lovely man thumbsup.gif absolutely fantastic & I wish i could have got to one of the other venues this weekend myself to see him again, he really is that good!!!

Solid Hit is a 60s only event & Ronnies playlist reflected that with only one (I think:chinstroke:) 70s track creeping in but he is playing a different set at each club & I believe for this night it's gonna be all 70s / crossover. The great thing is Ronnie wrote all of his songs himself so each individual song is a part of him. Don't pass up this opportunity to see him in action for the last time before he flies home.

Trust me you are in for a treat:yes: Have a look in lookbacks at "Solid Hit in the snow" for peoples reaction & I've had calls txt & emails all friday from people thanking us & saying how good he was.

My camera broke down so couldn't film it, if anybody does film Ronnies performance & somebody should I would love to see a copy

Dave

Dave, thanks for the reccomendation mate, Unfortunately I wasn't able to get over to Riverside in Gloucester last night to see him. (Manflu)!!!!!

waiting to see the revues on that one too.

But looking forward to working with Ronnie on Sunday night. Anyone wishing to come along just turn up. we will get you in I promise and it's only £4.00

Musically it will be a modrn night ranging from 70's through to Y2K sounds.

Hope to see you there

Solid Hit is a 60s only event & Ronnies playlist reflected that with only one (I thinkg.gif) 70s track creeping in but he is playing a different set at each club & I believe for this night it's gonna be all 70s / crossover. The great thing is Ronnie wrote all of his songs himself so each individual song is a part of him. Don't pass up this opportunity to see him in action for the last time before he flies home.

Trust me you are in for a treatyes.gif Have a look in lookbacks at "Solid Hit in the snow" for peoples reaction & I've had calls txt & emails all friday from people thanking us & saying how good he was.

Dave

Hi Dave , never met but I can tell you've got great taste, will have to come down with Des to one of your events. I was lucky enough to see Ronnie last night in Gloucester and would heartily recommend anyone to see him either in Weston 2nite or Sunday in Cheltenham - see flyer at top of page. We sold even more tickets last night so I think Sunday is shaping up to be a really brilliant night, especially with it being Ronnie's last gig for now.

He will be signing photos and copies of his records so do yourselves a favour and get down to Copa on Sunday.

Merry Soulful Christmas to everyone

Sean

Sean , Good luck with tomorrow night and as you know from last night anyone coming to Copa on sunday will be in for a treat. Great voice and artiste. Hope to be there tomorrow for another dose of Quality tunes.

Looking like a good one for you Sean.

Mike

A good one for everyone I hope!!!1

Cheers Mike

See You tomorrow

Sean

Hi Sean,

If you're into the upfront stuff that Des plays + semi knowns & underplayed stuff then Solid Hit could be right up your street. Great atmosphere great friendly people & you won't be listening/dancing to the obvious thumbsup.gif Have a word with Des, our next night will be Feb just gotta confirm date.

........................back to topic

Don't miss the last chance to see Ronnie, Fantastic voice fantastic performer & top blokegood.gif

Edited by SHSDave