Bentinck Xmas Party 18 Dec 09

Guest biggray1

Guest biggray1
shades Many Thanx to all who braved the Arctic conditions to attend Bentincks Xmas Bash,soulies travelled from far a field through snow and ice who was treated to a manifest of across the Board Soul..both rooms was graced with top Djs who really slammed the music out.By 8.30pm the main room was rockin dancin to some great tunes and the same in the Back room.Me i had a great time..Compliments of the Season to you all..Peace and Happiness. Graham.:D
  • Replies 14
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest vinylmaniac

Top night indeed !.Here's my playlist for my backroom spot 8;30 till 9;45 pm.

WHAT COULD IT BE / RICKIE BOGER / MUSE.-

IT TAKES LOVE / DELILAH MOORE / BDE.-

I NEED YOUR LOVE / CLYDENE JACKSON / CROSSOVER.-

IV'E BEEN WAITING / SPYDER TURNER / WHITFIELD.-

THE WHOLE WORLD'S A PICTURE SHOW / NEWCOMERS / TRUTH.

COME BACK / FANTASTIC PUZZLES / NEW MOON.-

I'M INTO YOUR LOVE / EXECUTIVE JAM / THIRD STREET.

GIVE IN / NORRIS VINES / SMILE.-

SINCE I FOUND MY BABY / MARSHALL DONOVAN & BROOMFIELD / AUGUSTA.-

TRYING TO GET NEXT TO YOU / ARNOLD BLAIR / GEMINGO.-

TELLING A LIE / AZIE MORTIMER / BLOOMIE.

WILL YOU LOVE MY CHILD / ANNA RAYE / QUALITY SOUND.-

THE PRICE / SHERRELL BROS / CURRISON.-

A CHANCE AT LOVE / UNIVERSAL MINDS / CHARLES.-

HOW LONG / WALTER & SISTERS / STUDIO TEN.-

LOVE LOOKS GOOD ON YOU / LIBERATION / S.O.A.-

I DON'T NEED ANOTHER LOVER / SPARTANS / ERA.-

MAKE UP YOUR MIND / SAN FRANCISCAN TKO'S / KENT.-

SAILBOAT / BOB & GENE / MO DO.-

WHERE IS THE LOVE / GLEN MILLER / DOCTOR BIRD.-

HELLO STRANGER / DARIUS / CHARTMAKER.-

CAN I SAY I LOVE YOU / BLUE MAGIC / LIBERTY.-

PITY A FOOL / BARBARA BROWN / SOUNDS OF MEMPHIS .-

DON'T GIVE UP HOPE / BOBBY KING & THE RELATION / LUNAR.-

LOOKING FOR MY BABY / SENSATIONAL LITTLE DOC / MUSIC-GO-ROUND.-

I'M GONNA LOVE YOU / BLUES BAG LTD / PLUMM.

DANCE RIGHT INTO MY HEART / VOICEMASTERS / BAMBOO.-

JUST BE GLAD / WILLY WILEY / BOBLO.-

GIRL STOP BEGGING / WALTER (BUTTERBALL) DAVIS / LACADE.-

SPEED UP / BETTY MOORER / WAND.

I'M NO STRANGER / JOE BATAAN / FANIA.-

TOO LATE / BLACK SUGAR / SONO RADIO.

-

Thats all folks,see you next time.Ta Ray

Edited by vinylmaniac
Guest goodysoul

First time for me at Bentinck stayed in the backroom all night as this was my kind of music, i've heard all about how good it is here so i had to try it for myself and all i can say is what a nightthumbup.gif absolutly loved every minute of it.The music was top notch not a bad track played all night.All the djs were fab especially Mick and Mo who just blown me awaybiggrin.gif can't thank the promoters enough for putting on such a great night keep up the good workgood.gif

What a fantastic end to a superb year of soul in the back room at Bentinck, we arrived later than usual due to weather conditions and missed most of Ray's spot but what a playlist....... !!!!, always something you don't expect from Ray and always quality, must get there earlier next time to catch more of your spot .

Just after we arrived Mick & Mo took to the decks and gave us 1 hour + of awesome mid-tempo 60's / 70's soul with a few tunes new to us and lots of our fave tunes as well, brilliant choice of guests for the Xmas special showing what the back room is about, Q-U-A-L-I-T-Y all the way.

Then following on from them we had Cressy and Mark double decking until the end, again nothing but great underplayed soulful tunes, we saw these 2 double deck at the 'Attic' once and it still goes down as one of the best soul nights we have ever had and last night was just as good (playlists guys pleeese!!) .

It was great to see a decent crowd in the back room and all staying the duration, not just nipping in and out except to go to the bar.

Great company all night and thanks to Jill for the mince pies and nibbles.

To end we would like to say a big thanks to Cressy and Garry for last night and also to Pete for his contribution all year and hope you all have a very soulful Christmas and here's to another great year of soul in 2010.

Paul & Sue :thumbsup::unsure:

Thanks to all the guest DJ's Paul Newton, Carl Piper , Terry Westhead , & Mick & Mo & the resident DJ's for doing their stuff & keeping the place buzzing in both rooms.

Thanks to all the soulies old & new for coming to Bentinck & making it another top night. thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif ...Cressy

First time for me at Bentinck stayed in the backroom all night as this was my kind of music, i've heard all about how good it is here so i had to try it for myself and all i can say is what a night:thumbup: absolutly loved every minute of it.The music was top notch not a bad track played all night.All the djs were fab especially Mick and Mo who just blown me away:D can't thank the promoters enough for putting on such a great night keep up the good work:good:

Glad you enjoyed it mate...thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

thumbsup.gif

HAD A GOOD NIGHT MYSELF ,A GOOD START TO XMAS,REALLY ENJOYED IT BEHIND THE DECKS ALTHOUGH I WAS STILL COLD FROM THAT OUTSIDE WEATHER,AND THATS AFTER A FEW DANCES,WELL DONE GUYS,KTF,CARL,

thumbsup.gif

Nice one Carl. We've had a word with the managment about the heating to make sure it goes on earlier next month. thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Nice one Carl. We've had a word with the managment about the heating to make sure it goes on earlier next month. thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Good night all round. Nice start to the Festive Celebrations. See you all next year.

Don't get in the back room too much but according to all sources is was buzzin' See everyone at the 'new Annersley'

Thanks for all the good feedback and thanks to all for dancing

Tezza XXX

THREE POSTS TOGETHER NEIL ,YOURE AS GABBY AS PETE.laugh.gif

Not had much time to spread them out. I've had 2 busy days, with a broken down digger yesterday (£2.50 seal got it going)thumbup.gifthumbup.gif & hepling the mrs with the horse today there's no rest for the wicked. I'll do my playlist later tonight.

Edited by cressy

Here's some of the stuff I played double decking with Mr Hopes

WILLIE WADE - WHEN PUSH COMES TO SHOVE - NITE LIFE

SPIEDELLS - DREAM GIRL - PROVIDENCE

SERVICEMEN - CONNIE - CHARTMAKER

GEORGE SMALLWOOD - HEY MAMMA - SMALLWOOD

SAM NESBIT - CHASE THOSE CLOUDS AWAY - AMOS

BOBBY TAYLOR - DON'T BE AFRAID - GORDY LP

CASHMERES - DON'T LET THE DOOR HIT YOUR BACK - HEM

BOBBY WOMACK - DAYLIGHT - UA

ROCKY MIZELL - NEVER NEVER GIRL - DRIVE LP

PAUL KELLY - YOU MAKE ME TREMBLE - WB LP

WALTER JACKSON - LET ME COME BACK - BRUNSWICK

PAPA BEAR & THE CUBS - YOU'RE SO FINE - SMS

RICHARD STEPP - CAUGHT IN A WHIRLWIND - INFINITY LP

GENE TOWNSEL - THERE'S NO USE HIDING - DOBRE LP

ROBERT PARKER - I CAUGHT YOU IN A LIE - NOLA

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year from everybody at Bentinckthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Don't forget next month & the rest 2010 it's a 12.30 finish. Bar til 12.00 & still only £3 for 2 rooms, can't be bad thumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gif

THREE POSTS TOGETHER NEIL ,YOURE AS GABBY AS PETE.laugh.gif

biggrin.gifhe he he well done niel keep up the good chat laugh.gif ...any way i had a nice stress free night ...glad to see so many turn out on a artic cold night ...thought all the djs played fantastic spots ...and paul newton played great but i dint quite get the last 3 or 4 records you played mate ..sorry ..but fantastic up till then ..room was quite cold early on but soon warmed up ..as cressy said the staff will make sure its nice and warm when you all arrive next month ..thanks for a great night .....pete good.gif .

ho and a very merry christmas and a happy new year to all ..xx thumbup.gif

Edited by pete
Guest vinylmaniac

What a fantastic end to a superb year of soul in the back room at Bentinck, we arrived later than usual due to weather conditions and missed most of Ray's spot but what a playlist....... !!!!, always something you don't expect from Ray and always quality, hatsoff2.gifmust get there earlier next time to catch more of your spot .

Just after we arrived Mick & Mo took to the decks and gave us 1 hour + of awesome mid-tempo 60's / 70's soul with a few tunes new to us and lots of our fave tunes as well, brilliant choice of guests for the Xmas special showing what the back room is about, Q-U-A-L-I-T-Y all the way.

Then following on from them we had Cressy and Mark double decking until the end, again nothing but great underplayed soulful tunes, we saw these 2 double deck at the 'Attic' once and it still goes down as one of the best soul nights we have ever had and last night was just as good (playlists guys pleeese!!) .

It was great to see a decent crowd in the back room and all staying the duration, not just nipping in and out except to go to the bar.

Great company all night and thanks to Jill for the mince pies and nibbles.

To end we would like to say a big thanks to Cressy and Garry for last night and also to Pete for his contribution all year and hope you all have a very soulful Christmas and here's to another great year of soul in 2010.

Paul & Sue thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Dont worry I'm on at 9;30 next timehatsoff2.gif .Ta Ray