Garnett Mimms

Guest kev such

Guest kev such

Garnett Mimms "As long as I have you"

Cant find any info about this tune.

Can anyone enlighten me as to the label and availability?

Thankyou very much

Kev

Edited by kev such
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 13
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest laurent-r

Hi,

There's a french 45 on United Artists ( used for juke box ) . I had one but sold recently. It's a really rare french press.

Good luck for your search.

loren

here is a picture of the french pressing :

101.jpg

Edited by laurent-r
Social source share

Guest Ivor Jones

the uk 7" copy is a live version i think. ive had it and its not the same as the album version.

Thats right Rupe, the uk 45 is a live version recorded with a Uk backing band called "The Senate" at [i think],Sussex University in the late 60`s.............The lp[studio] version is the superior version. I`m assuming that French 45 shown earlier is the Studio [Lp version] ? Anyone confirm .............?

I never knew it existed but i suppose we shouldn`t be too suprised. Thats the beauty of SoulSource and the Web i guess,finding out about all these weird and wonderful releases......Trouble is,im gonna want one nowmellow.gif

One more thing.....Garnet Mimms Rules.....!thumbup.gif

Social source share

I've always liked this tune - and enjoyed my initial introduction via LP - but the UK live version, for me, is the far more appealing with it's accentuated arrangement.

I was going to post a scan but just discovered my scanner isn't working !!

I happen to have a copy for sale if anybody is interested ?? PM with your finest offer..

Fingers hatsoff2.gif

Social source share

I've always liked this tune - and enjoyed my initial introduction via LP - but the UK live version, for me, is the far more appealing with it's accentuated arrangement.

I was going to post a scan but just discovered my scanner isn't working !!

I happen to have a copy for sale if anybody is interested ?? PM with your finest offer..

Fingers hatsoff2.gif

john can ya put a sound clip of it. its years ago that i had it and can't remember how good/bad it was.

rupert

Social source share

john can ya put a sound clip of it. its years ago that i had it and can't remember how good/bad it was.

rupert

Yea.. I can do that Rupert - but won't be until later this evening (xmas eve) as dealing with my sales bits at present.

I don't have it already in MP3 format so will have to create the file first. But I'll defo post it later on buddy.. In fact - providing I can put my hands on it quite easily (about 40% of my floor space taken up with boxes of albums) - I'll post the LP cut too !! thumbup.gif

Fingers..

Social source share

• 2 months later...
Guest Peter Robertson

Garnett Mimms "As long as I have you"

Cant find any info about this tune.

Can anyone enlighten me as to the label and availability?

Thankyou very much

Kev

Kev, (it's Pete from Liverpool)

It was released in 1965 on United Artists. I'm after this as well!

Social source share