The Burnley All Nighter

Philt

A pretty awful night weather-wise allied to the amount of major events on this weekend and close proximity to Christmas dictated that numbers were always likely to be slightly down. Nonetheless, Ezzie, Bob W and the Glawcester contingent showed their usual never-say-die support by making an incredible 5 hour journey to get there and we recognised lots of other familiar faces who'd also made a fantastic effort: Willie and Dickie W, Kit, Salmon etc - great to see you all!

Caught Stewart's spot which was jammed full of high quality uptempo dancers as usual thumbsup.gif Ian C and I double-decked 10-12 which we both thoroughly enjoyed; just a shame there weren't more in.

Here's a bit of a flavour of some of our spins (in no particular order):

Sequins - try my love

Paris - sleepless nights

Four Sonics - easier said than done

Larry Clinton - she's wanted

Tammy Wayne - have a good time

Terrifics - leave us alone

Moments - you said

Honey & Bees - dynamite exploded

Imperial Cs - someone tell her

Twans - I can't see him again

Rose Batiste - just can't leave you

Volcanoes - number 1

Billy Hines - ling ting tong

Sammy Taylor - next in line

Hayes Cotton - I'll be waiting

Lovers - without a doubt

Frank Anthony - hey girl (I just wanna meet you)

Invaders - the best is yet to come

Topics - have your fun

Ducky & Glowlighters - over and over

Inspirations - your wish is my command

Unknown artist - unissued acetate / 'joy'

Sultans - I wanna know

Tropics - hey you little girl

Pinkertones - it's not the way

Stunners - nobody but me

Little John - just wait and see

Billy Kennedy - sweet things

Servicemen - Connie

Icemen - time you knew

Little Dooley - you twine so fine

James Dockery - my faith in you is all gone

Ronnie Walker - unissued acetate

Anthony & Delsonics - everytime

Sweets - satisfy me baby

Hope the rest of the night went well guys and that everyone got home safe and sound. Thanks again for having us Phil:thumbup:

Merry Xmas to all and see you in 2010

Phil n Ian

Ps. To the (young-ish I think) lad who kept coming up and asking "what was that" etc and making a note - don't stop doing that fella thumbsup.gif However, do be aware that you're standing at the gateway to madness and poverty :ph34r:

Edited by PhilT
  • Replies 12
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Sean Haydon

Yet another great night at Burnley. Top quality tunes played all night long by all DJ's. Thought Cliff"s set was outstanding. (Sorry, I missed the first 2 hours due to an M6 traffic jam). Ok, so there were less people there than last time, no doubt put off by the weather. But Coggy did invite a few too many to his partysmile.gif. Much better like this, when we can get on the dance floor.

Keep up the good work Phil, can't wait for the next one.

Without a doubt the Best nighter in the country! Brilliant.

Sean. Wolves

Yet another great night at Burnley. Top quality tunes played all night long by all DJ's. Thought Cliff"s set was outstanding. (Sorry, I missed the first 2 hours due to an M6 traffic jam). Ok, so there were less people there than last time, no doubt put off by the weather. But Coggy did invite a few too many to his partysmile.gif. Much better like this, when we can get on the dance floor.

Keep up the good work Phil, can't wait for the next one.

Without a doubt the Best nighter in the country! Brilliant.

Sean. Wolves

Thoroughly enjoyed another night at Burnley, yes numbers were down but not an issue (everyone expected that) Still a great atmosphere (Almost a camaraderie due to everyone there refusing to let the weather forecast put them off getting to this fantastic nighter)

Took some records to sell to raise a bit of cash to pay for me night (Big deal to me as I'm defo not record dealer material!) - That went completely t*ts up as I walked away £'s lighter - Doh! - It's just the pointing and laughing I find so hurtful just after I've bought a record, followed by the mutterings of - "F*ck me what's Len on?", "Didn't think I'd ever sell that pile of sh*te - result!" Lol

Got a few more trips to Burnley to make before becoming one of the fully fledged 'Children of the night' - Couldn't get out of Terry how many trips required - Alas I feel it may run into four figures! - Still, plenty of travelling time to fill putting the Northern Soul Scene to rights! We have all the answers in John's car - Trouble is they're all different!

We were discussing on the way, how some threads don't always give the right feed back about a venue, I, as many others, have been to average or even awful nights in the past, but the feed back thread says completely the opposite, I suppose people try to stay positive - But the whole idea of 'feed back' is 1) So the promoter knows how people really feel about their night and can change things if necessary. 2) So people who haven't been, can get a true account and see if it's a night that suits them "And the award for 'Stating The Bleeding Obvious' goes to Lenny Dopson!" - (Thankyou very much)

Most serious promoters don't want a thread of just back slapping , it can be embarrassing -True feed back and encouragement is what they need, there is a subtle difference. What I'm trying to say is la...waffling, sorry...

***Note - The above two paragraphs are completely irrelevant to this Burnley thread!***

...In 3 words - 'Burnley was great' - That's the true (Yet unimaginative) Account!

I recon I will try for my Burnley hat trick and also make the next one. 997 trips to go after that, then Terry will probably say "It's actually 5000 visits needed to become one of the 'Children of the night"! Doh (Got it wrong again!)

Still trying to get me head round my music taste changing slightly...Although I do think one (Ok half!) a midtempo record may work at Burnley, the argument in the car started with four, but I was shouted down all the way home (Ever said the wrong thing? lol)...Ok, ok, it won't - forget I said that! Now that's confusing feed back as most definitely not a critism as this night works brilliantly as it is...just a thought.....Oh god can you imagine? - 'Midtempo record kills Burnley, everyone home by midnight' - "Thanks Len you Tw*t"...

On a lighter note I bought a record on a label called Tuna, never seen that label before (Not that I'd remember as I'm convinced I have Record Alzheimers!)...Though, it looked a bit fishy to me! - God I really am a sad case...

If any of you actually read all this thread, sorry for wasting your time, it could have been a whole lot shorter! Lol

Thanks again for another great night to all involved.

All the best,

Len.

"I am playing the right records, but not necessarily in the right order!!!"

Edited by LEN

A pretty awful night weather-wise allied to the amount of major events on this weekend and close proximity to Christmas dictated that numbers were always likely to be slightly down. Nonetheless, Ezzie, Bob W and the Glawcester contingent showed their usual never-say-die support by making an incredible 5 hour journey to get there and we recognised lots of other familiar faces who'd also made a fantastic effort: Willie and Dickie W, Kit, Salmon etc - great to see you all!

Caught Stewart's spot which was jammed full of high quality uptempo dancers as usual thumbsup.gif Ian C and I double-decked 10-12 which we both thoroughly enjoyed; just a shame there weren't more in.

Here's a bit of a flavour of some of our spins (in no particular order):

Sequins - try my love

Paris - sleepless nights

Four Sonics - easier said than done

Larry Clinton - she's wanted

Tammy Wayne - have a good time

Terrifics - leave us alone

Moments - you said

Honey & Bees - dynamite exploded

Imperial Cs - someone tell her

Twans - I can't see him again

Rose Batiste - just can't leave you

Volcanoes - number 1

Billy Hines - ling ting tong

Sammy Taylor - next in line

Hayes Cotton - I'll be waiting

Lovers - without a doubt

Frank Anthony - hey girl (I just wanna meet you)

Invaders - the best is yet to come

Topics - have your fun

Ducky & Glowlighters - over and over

Inspirations - your wish is my command

Unknown artist - unissued acetate / 'joy'

Sultans - I wanna know

Tropics - hey you little girl

Pinkertones - it's not the way

Stunners - nobody but me

Little John - just wait and see

Billy Kennedy - sweet things

Servicemen - Connie

Icemen - time you knew

Little Dooley - you twine so fine

James Dockery - my faith in you is all gone

Ronnie Walker - unissued acetate

Anthony & Delsonics - everytime

Sweets - satisfy me baby

Hope the rest of the night went well guys and that everyone got home safe and sound. Thanks again for having us Philthumbup.gif

Merry Xmas to all and see you in 2010

Phil n Ian

Ps. To the (young-ish I think) lad who kept coming up and asking "what was that" etc and making a note - don't stop doing that fella thumbsup.gif However, do be aware that you're standing at the gateway to madness and poverty ph34r.gif

Top performance from you & your dad,well done mate for not letting him take over.

See you soon bud

ATB

Salmon

Many thanks to all who braved the weather and made their way to the cave. It was a strange one, with all that has happened recently. But some nice tributes to Jerry that were very emotional indeed.

My sincere thanks to all the children of the night for your support over the year. A Merry Christmas to you all, and wishing you a happy new year.

Phil.

MERRY CHRISTMAS !!!

LOVE n BEST WISHES PHIL

Really enjoyed Friday much better than the Fur n Feather match on the Bridgewater Canal 5 inches of ice driving snow thunder & lightning yes thunder n lightning

went flying thro the air when i fell hurt my shoulder had to pack up early caught nowt ! YES nowt like fishing in the winter cant beat it Oh i forgot 4 mile drive at 7-30am car whizzing from side to side on the untreated roads two 360 % spins cant wait till the next onelaugh.gif

Back to Burnley Friday really enjoyed it more soulies in than i thought given the date sold a couple o 45,s got a couple

finally got chance to play a few differant 45,s than normal like Sammy Soulo--Bad Bad Whisky ect love DJ ,in with Phil

we always have a good laugh and bounce of each other thats what its all about having a good time ..

Saw some strange sites on the way home one strange looking critter walking down the motorway without a jacket in minus 7.5 C

i wanted to pick him up but Phil said he might be one of those who live amongst us a Alien so we left him to make his own way back to his craftyes.gif

BEST WISHES FOR 2010

Ian & Jane

xxx xxx

It was a bit of a weird one, picked Salmon up went for Joyann "I'll be 5mins, just doin' my hair"

no probs went in with her xmas card, "here take these two sleeping bags Dave says they're a matter of life or death if we break down!"

Salmons face a picture, "what are the two sleeping bags for?"

"incase we break down, life savers, and don't think you're gettin' in with me!"

Got there early, even beat Tony Mac, he must have taken one of my short-cuts that adds on travelling time.

Not many in early on (unlike last month) so managed to assume our usual table and warming our jacksies up against the radiator, there was even room on the dancefloor!

Well done to the first two, Ian and Phil, great two hours entertainment!

ain't gonna single anyone in particular out so well done to all for yet another great night!

Best wishes and festive greetings to all at the bat-cave!

post-10143-126140563887_thumb.jpg

post-10143-12614057669798_thumb.jpg

post-10143-12614058565827_thumb.jpg

it was a good nite, considering lots of regulars were saying goodbye to a good friend elsewhere , and the aweful weather and the dreaded xmas looming ............... the burnley feds were suprised and amused to see me driving over icy pavements to gain access to the car park then engaging them in a gibbering one way conversation,,ohmy.gif ,,,,,,think they were lookin for bigger fishwicked.gif ..................phew.................tired when we got there so......only one thing to do...........start drinking with brian ,.........oh dear .unsure.gif ........thanks for driving home bob, and brad.........mickey crews demanded and got a lift to...................... somewherewhistling.gif . thanks to all who listened as i had my talking hat on..........backwards .ph34r.gif .................had some great nights in the cave with great people, well done to all concerned, cu next year.........regards ezzie

It was a bit of a weird one, picked Salmon up went for Joyann "I'll be 5mins, just doin' my hair"

no probs went in with her xmas card, "here take these two sleeping bags Dave says they're a matter of life or death if we break down!"

Got there early, even beat Tony Mac, he must have taken one of my short-cuts that adds on travelling time.

Not many in early on (unlike last month) so managed to assume our usual table and warming our jacksies up against the radiator, there was even room on the dancefloor!

ain't gonna single anyone in particular out so well done to all for yet another great night!

thumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gif Always thinking ahead Joyann

Perhaps you should Steve some driving tips.

Come off here mate,

No the next ones better

There ain't no f*ckin' next one!

Skipton here we comelaugh.gif

Tony

MERRY CHRISTMAS !!!

LOVE n BEST WISHES PHIL

Really enjoyed Friday much better than the Fur n Feather match on the Bridgewater Canal 5 inches of ice driving snow thunder & lightning yes thunder n lightning

went flying thro the air when i fell hurt my shoulder had to pack up early caught nowt ! YES nowt like fishing in the winter cant beat it Oh i forgot 4 mile drive at 7-30am car whizzing from side to side on the untreated roads two 360 % spins cant wait till the next onelaugh.gif

Back to Burnley Friday really enjoyed it more soulies in than i thought given the date sold a couple o 45,s got a couple

finally got chance to play a few differant 45,s than normal like Sammy Soulo--Bad Bad Whisky ect love DJ ,in with Phil

we always have a good laugh and bounce of each other thats what its all about having a good time ..

Saw some strange sites on the way home one strange looking critter walking down the motorway without a jacket in minus 7.5 C

i wanted to pick him up but Phil said he might be one of those who live amongst us a Alien so we left him to make his own way back to his craftyes.gif

BEST WISHES FOR 2010

Ian & Jane

xxx xxx

GAAWWNN FISHIN' laugh.gif