Riversidesoul 18Th December

Mike E

What a wonderful night at Riverside soull we had last night. On a packed evening at Riverside we had Ronnie Walker performing live and he was awesome. He has a lovely voice and is a great artist. For me I loved in particular'The Game is Over' and 'on and on' his latest. Think I preferred 'Trouble' sang out . The Riverside faithful were treated to a fantastic night of music. Sue Taylor got the floor filled playing some of her favourite tunes which she has played over the last 3 years at out venue and, this being our 3rd Anniversary. Ted Followed with some cracking and big tunes. Dennis Edwards, lester Tipton, Lou Pride, The Del larks and much more. Des then came on and did his usual upfront 60's set. Ray Agee one of my favourite tunes. It was left for me to see the night out apart from a short interlude for a comfort break where Sue stood in for me.

I would like to thank Des for bringing Ronnie over, all of the DJ's for their sets and for all of you who came. We had travellers from Staffs, Wolverhampton, Wiltshire, Bath, Worcester(Lovely to see Mick and Steve Lloyd) as well as the Cheltenham gang who are now increasingly frequenting us.

Hope you all have a Happy Christmas and a soulful New Year.

Mike

Edited by Mike E
  • Replies 13
  • Views 930
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

im really pleased it went well mike..its what you deserve..if ppl are travelling that far then you must be doing something right..cant wait to see the pics

Edited by Guest

Guest Tamlasue

What a fantastic night from start to finishthumbup.gif

Walked in just after 7.30 to find Ronnie Walker, Dave, Des and Mike getting the kit ready for Ronnie to do a sound check which turned out to be the longest one I have ever heard as Ronnie sang right through a couple of tracks - his voice could only be described as soulful certainly leaving me with goosebumps

The music from Mike, Ted, Des and myself kept the floor busy all night and Ronnie's performance was just out of this world as all a lot of us could do was just stand and listen followed by massive rounds of applause and cheersthumbup.gif .

Mart is putting together some U tube videos of the night so will it for Mike to let folks know when they are ready

A big thanks to all the regular attendees and travellers that support the club throughout the year and on behalf of Mart and myself we would both like to wish you all a great Xmas and have a fantastic New Year

Sue and Mart

What a wonderful night at Riverside soull we had last night. On a packed evening at Riverside we had Ronnie Walker performing live and he was awesome. He has a lovely voice and is a great artist. For me I loved in particular'The Game is Over' and 'on and on' his latest. Think I preferred 'Trouble' sang out . The Riverside faithful were treated to a fantastic night of music. Sue Taylor got the floor filled playing some of her favourite tunes which she has played over the last 3 years at out venue and, this being our 3rd Anniversary. Ted Followed with some cracking and big tunes. Dennis Edwards, lester Tipton, Lou Pride, The Del larks and much more. Des then came on and did his usual upfront 60's set. Ray Agee one of my favourite tunes. It was left for me to see the night out apart from a short interlude for a comfort break where Sue stood in for me.

I would like to thank Des for bringing Ronnie over, all of the DJ's for their sets and for all of you who came. We had travellers from Staffs, Wolverhampton, Wiltshire, Bath, Worcester(Lovely to see Mick and Steve Lloyd) as well as the Cheltenham gang who are now increasingly frequenting us.

Hope you all have a Happy Christmas and a soulful New Year.

Mike

well done mike & co

sounds like it was absolutley fantastic thumbup.gif

look forward to the jan allnighter good.gif

great pics well done sue good.gif

Thanks to Des and Mike for putting this brill event on and for asking to to be the Ronnie warm uplaugh.gif , what a great guy he is and so unasuming. The game is over was the stand out tune for me and what a tremendous voice he has.

he certainly looked like he needed warming up ted...his coat looked two foot thick

some great pics in the rogues gallery

www.youtube.com/user/Glawsterfing#p/a/u/1/BPew4lVcs8k

This is the link for the Utube video which Martin Taylor has knidly put together.

it dont work mike

ill repost it

Edited by Guest