Dab Of Soul Friday 18Th Dec

Another absolutely fantastic night at Dab on Friday. We still managed to get a decent crowd in, despite the one off move to a Friday, xmas parties, snow etc and the place was buzzing. Most of the night there were around 60 to 70 people in our room digging the tunes...

Rob Kay got the party started early playing some top crossover tunes and even through in a couple of classy 60s midpacers for good measure. Rob quickly got the dance floor moving and the atmosphere was starting to build.

Next up was Steve Plumb, quality soul all the way and while Steve didn`t lose sight of the dancers he found time to play some lesser known and unreleased tracks to a more than appreciative audiance.

I was up next and to be honest it was the easiest job in the world to continue where the 2 guests had left off. The dancers were out in force and by the time Mr Lucas came on to finish off with some mid-tempo gems everyones thoughts turned to a chilly journey home.

For me this was the best Dab yet, i think the difference was the amount of dance floor action the guests managed to generate which really added to the atmosphere.

A massive thanks to everyone who supported us from such places as Wolverhampton, Wigan, North Wales,Bedford, Derby and Nottingham. Your support is very much appreciated and it is this support which had made DAB OF SOUL a "must attend" event for lovers of quality soul after only 6 dates!

Thanks again..

Chris and Dave.

• Replies 6
  • Views 867
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Just wish that the Dab didnt clash so often with the Greatstones.

Tony, Me too mate but unfortunatly the dates are booked by Ray well in advance and with so many events on it has to clash with something!

Next year we only clash with the Greatstone lads 4 times I think....unless they have moved their dates because of Prestatyn too!

Glad you enjoyed it and good to catchh up at last.

Chris.

Another absolutely fantastic night at Dab on Friday. We still managed to get a decent crowd in, despite the one off move to a Friday, xmas parties, snow etc and the place was buzzing. Most of the night there were around 60 to 70 people in our room digging the tunes...

Rob Kay got the party started early playing some top crossover tunes and even through in a couple of classy 60s midpacers for good measure. Rob quickly got the dance floor moving and the atmosphere was starting to build.

Next up was Steve Plumb, quality soul all the way and while Steve didn`t lose sight of the dancers he found time to play some lesser known and unreleased tracks to a more than appreciative audiance.

I was up next and to be honest it was the easiest job in the world to continue where the 2 guests had left off. The dancers were out in force and by the time Mr Lucas came on to finish off with some mid-tempo gems everyones thoughts turned to a chilly journey home.

For me this was the best Dab yet, i think the difference was the amount of dance floor action the guests managed to generate which really added to the atmosphere.

A massive thanks to everyone who supported us from such places as Wolverhampton, Wigan, North Wales,Bedford, Derby and Nottingham. Your support is very much appreciated and it is this support which had made DAB OF SOUL a "must attend" event for lovers of quality soul after only 6 dates!

Thanks again..

Chris and Dave.

can,t add much to what mr anderton from the pr department has said it all, was worrying early in the day when all the snow reports were comming in but then thought soul people are made of stern stuff and a few inches of snow won,t put them of.

need,nt have worried just finnished setting up the equipment and thought time for a drink and in walks mr hurcombe from deepest worcester new we would be in for a good night then, and we certainly did so to you all a very big thank you for your support and very kind comments it is truly appreciated.

to you one and all a very happy xmas and new year

and see you all again in january for our 1st anniversary when we have another great guest line up

regards

dave lucas

Hi All

Just a quickie whilst the missus is wrapping pressies!

Our little car of 5 had a great time on Friday thumbsup.gif

Dab is definitely a little gem and one i will be back to very soon!

I love Dave & Chris as guys who have great taste as punters and/or DJ's so no surprises that they played quality!

Rob Kay was superb too and has a lovely manner over the mic too imho!

I played a few bits 'n' bobs too and it seems everyone really enjoyed the music throughout the night!

Happy first birthday guys, keep up the good work!

Cheers

Steve

Cheers Steve,

It was a pleasure to have you come down mate, awesome spot as always, glad you enjoyed DAB, but then again i knew you would!

Dave and I are finalising the line-up for next year, just working on a few lose ends, watch out for the best crossover DJs from across Europe strutting their stuff in Nantwich in 2010!

Chris.