Walker Wilson On Emery

Guest stromberg

Guest stromberg

now that I finally received my copy of Walker Wilson "Nothing but time" on emery Records, I wondered if anyone on here could give a bit more info on the record except that it is championed by DJ-with-great-taste Helena from Sweden. I can't find any info and it is a brilliant 7t's dance record, so it can't be that unknown to you all. So what about value, availability, played where, bla bla...

many thanks in advance

Stefan

Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

now that I finally received my copy of Walker Wilson "Nothing but time" on emery Records, I wondered if anyone on here could give a bit more info on the record except that it is championed by DJ-with-great-taste Helena from Sweden. I can't find any info and it is a brilliant 7t's dance record, so it can't be that unknown to you all. So what about value, availability, played where, bla bla...

many thanks in advance

Stefan

Love to hear it Stefan? Will you post it in refosoul?

Social source share

many thanks in advance

Stefan

Well, thank you Stefan.

Bought my copy for $400 a couple of years ago. Paul Sadot has a copy too. Haven't seen that many others around.

It's a great tune indeed, except for the rock & roll ending. :thumbup: (yes, I finally got a reason to use the elvis smiley!)

Edited by Helena
Social source share

many thanks in advance

Stefan

Thanks for trying stefan

Phil UK

Social source share

Record collectors tale....i had this on a tape from Mark Dobson in 92...c'u as "Hopes and Dreams" (no artist)....a few years back while scouting on Gemm...this was listed...as "rock/soul"....Ohio band...it wasnt very much ($10)...so i thought i'd take a chance...i was chuffed when i got it and played it....an enquiry to the dealer sprang another copy...i sold one at the Frobisher for £80...and kept the other...the one i sold was like the e bay one....the one i kept has a distributor stamp./plg side stamp.At the time i did some research and the 45 is mentioned on one of the Ohio Rock/Soul sites...cant remember which...

post-1770-12614958858674_thumb.jpg

Social source share

• 1 year later...
Guest mark hanson

Old Dave Raistrick spin that Simon Hunt championed around Leicestershire for years. John Horsler also has it. I played it as Willie Walker from a studio acetate.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!