Wow

Garethx

• Replies 19
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Bizarrely enough I heard Tony Ashley's version before Don Bryant's original and was simply knocked out by the Hi record. Sometimes a writer's version of their own song has that bit extra.

Both are great though and in an ideal world it would be nice to own a copy of each.

I would love to hear a longer version of Don Bryant's cut as, at under two minutes, it always leaves me wanting more.

Social source share

I watched that too . Was there another title on a blue lable by the artist that just went onthe bay ?:ohmy:

Didn't see that Simon.

He had 3 Decca 45's - all really good stuff!

"I'll Go Crazy" is a Deep Soul collectors Holy Grail.

Wasn't really surprised to see it go for that much, because its very indemand and never comes up for sale.

:thumbup:

Sean

Social source share

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390130686399&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNA:GB:1123#ht_500wt_952

Over $1000 dollars. A great record which I've personally never seen for sale before. Anyone on the forum got one or had one in the past?

I expected the price to go higher, certainly one of the rarest on the label!

Edited by soul45s
Social source share

I dont particularly like deep stuff but i aggree with gareth on this and prefer the Tony Ashley version think it his voice i find better.

mark

In all honesty, there's not much between 'em Mark.

They're both excellent Deep Soul 45's.

Don just pips it for me though!

His entire repertoire is out of this world!

(you may know him as the voice on Willie Mitchell's "That Driving Beat")

:thumbup:

Sean

Social source share

I dont particularly like deep stuff but i aggree with gareth on this and prefer the Tony Ashley version think it his voice i find better.

mark

I'd love the Tony Ashley from a collector's point of view but I think Don Bryant's is the better record.

Bryant's timing is that bit better, and although Ashley is a fine singer in his own right Don Bryant gets more emotion out of the song.

That's what I meant in saying that sometimes the writer can get that indefinable bit more from his own song.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!