New Wilson Pickett Releases

Guest Mark42

I've posted this message before, but can't find it anymore...

Finally, some Wicked releases!

- A CD release of the album DONT KNOCK MY LOVE (Collector's Choice) available from www.amazon.com

Hopefully the Atlantic LP Right On and the RCA albums (like Live In Japan!) will also find their way on CD.

- LIVE IN GERMANY 1968 available from www.cryptrecords.com

The famous TV broascast dubbed on vinyl. 8 Cuts.

Everybody Needs Somebody To Love/ Ninety-Nine And A Half/ Mustang Sally/ In The Midnight Hour/

Stagger Lee/ I'm In Love/ Funky Broadway/ Land Of 1000 Dances.

- LIVE AND BURNIN' (Soulsville Records) available from www.bluesandrockrecords.nl

Now, this release is really something! It contains a live concert from Pickett in Sweden, 1969

plus 10 obscure Atlantic tracks a.o. the Italian versions of Deborah, I'm In Love and Un' Avventura

(San Remo Festival). It comes with a nice booklet with a comprehensive discography.

Talking about Pickett: some discographies list the album "Tonight I'm Your Biggest Audience".

Does anyone have more information about this release (was it released on Atlantic or RCA???).

- Solomon Burke: LOOKING FOR A SIGN: the complete ABC and Pride recordings 1972-74 (Shambala Records) also available from www.bluesandrockrecords.nl

The wonderful ABC Dunhill album "I Have A Dream" plus lots of A and B sides - for the first time on CD (like Sentimental Journey and Vaya Con Dios with Lady Lee).

Best regards,

Mark

post-18982-12613219176473_thumb.jpg

liveandburning.bmp

don'tknockymylove.bmp

lookingforasign.bmp

Social source share

• Replies 2
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

The "Live in Germany 1968" is taken directly from an old TV-show, that was broadcasted in the late 60' in germany. I have a Video-Tape with the whole concert and Wilson and his band are absolutely on fire. There are a few excerpts on youtube:

I doubt, that this is a legal release, but his version of the Bobby Womack penned "I'm In Love" on the LP is somehow the best live performance, that I've ever listened to.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!