Greatstone Soul Club 19Th Dec

Mark B

We had a Belter of a night last night the weather put a few off but we were still pretty busy a big thanks to all who braved the conditions we had some of the rugby crowd but they cheated a bit as they were all staying at Chris's place so not too far to travel, i beleive we had a couple from Catterick (brave) the Macc lot took on a blzzard and beat it to get to us in time for their Dj spots (well done) nice to finally get Mr Smirk to play a few, a long time regular at the Greatstone hope you enjoyed yourself, a big thanks to all of the guest dj's Chris, Glenn, Jimmy, Carol, Julian, Les, they all brought their party boxes with them and a good time was had by all. A big thanks to everyone for the collection and the door money in total i think we raised about £220.00 for Alan pollards charity (Glan Clwydd renal unit) thinks thats right. A big thank you too you all for your support over the years From Me, Tony, Paul, Budgie, & Stevie Z see you all in the New year

Merry christmas and a Happy and prosperous New year to you all.

Mark

• Replies 3
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

We had a Belter of a night last night the weather put a few off but we were still pretty busy a big thanks to all who braved the conditions we had some of the rugby crowd but they cheated a bit as they were all staying at Chris's place so not too far to travel, i beleive we had a couple from Catterick (brave) the Macc lot took on a blzzard and beat it to get to us in time for their Dj spots (well done) nice to finally get Mr Smirk to play a few, a long time regular at the Greatstone hope you enjoyed yourself, a big thanks to all of the guest dj's Chris, Glenn, Jimmy, Carol, Julian, Les, they all brought their party boxes with them and a good time was had by all. A big thanks to everyone for the collection and the door money in total i think we raised about £220.00 for Alan pollards charity (Glan Clwydd renal unit) thinks thats right. A big thank you too you all for your support over the years From Me, Tony, Paul, Budgie, & Stevie Z see you all in the New year

Merry christmas and a Happy and prosperous New year to you all.

Mark

First chance to get in front of a keyboard since Saturday. Just back from an over night stay in Liverpool to see the mighty Deaf School, awesome!!! and I even got the chance to meet Suggs.

Anyway back to Saturday, really had a great turn out considering the weather, we were all concerned, but we needn't have worried. Adrian our unsung hero and proprietor of the Greatstone had the place looking festive, and most importantly lovely and warm, thanks Adrian.

It felt like a party from the moment we walked through the door, probably bolstered by the pre-do fizz consumed at ours beforehandwhistling.gif

Chris Morgan got the party started early doors, then it was double deckin' all the way after that (well apart from Julian & Les) Everyone had an eye on the dance floor, as the intention was to party party, and i think everyone delivered. Big thanks to Chris M , Carol Vare , Jimmy Smirk (virgin) Glenn Hunter , Julian Bentley and Les Hare and all the residents for rounding the year off in style.

As mentioned earlier by Mark, you/we all managed to raise over £200 pounds on the night, for Alans choosen charity. A really great effort, in no small part due to the fund raising skills of Mrs Donna Havekin (you try and say noph34r.gif ) . Judi rang me yesterday afternoon once she had found out, she was delighted and asked to pass on her thanks to everyone.

So thats it, another year of GSC out of the way. I'd just like to thank everybody for coming and supporting the night throughout this year, as well as over the years, you make it all possible.

All the very best from the guys and gals of the Greatstone, see you in the new year.

Peace

Tony