Soul Night's @ The Robin Hood Brierley - Sat 19Th Dec - Rob Smith

Hi everybody,

another superb night of top Northern yet again, fantastic spot's from special guest's

"Rob (Gone With The Wind, real deal) Smith" plus "young Alex" & partner in crime "Peter perfect Jones", big thankyou & well done to you all :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: . As with one or two venue's this weekend number's slightly down from normal, mainly due to the shite weather, but still a crackin' nght of top sound's & brill atmosphere :thumbsup::lol: .Just wanted to say thank's as well for all the Christmas card's & kind word's & support from my friend's good.gif .

Well what a fantastic first year, myself Dick & Jonah would like to thank all our guest DJ's - Derek & Tom, John Manship, Nelly & Yocky, Dave River's, Barry Holland & Little Al to name just a few, for helping us build up support & make The Robin Hood Brierley a superb Northern Soul venue :thumbup: . Thank's as well to our hoast's Roger & Cath for providing us with this great venue & letting us more or less run thing's as we want good.gif . Last but by no means least "a massive thank's to You" for all your support month in month out, "cheer's everybody" see you all in 2010 beer.gif:P:lol: .

Hope you all have a realy nice Christmas & fantastic New Year, all the best Woody :thumbsup::wave: .

• Replies 13
  • Views 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi everybody,

another superb night of top Northern yet again, fantastic spot's from special guest's

"Rob (Gone With The Wind, real deal) Smith" plus "young Alex" & partner in crime "Peter perfect Jones", big thankyou & well done to you all :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: . As with one or two venue's this weekend number's slightly down from normal, mainly due to the shite weather, but still a crackin' nght of top sound's & brill atmosphere whistling:laugh: .Just wanted to say thank's as well for all the Christmas card's & kind word's & support from my friend's :good: .

Well what a fantastic first year, myself Dick & Jonah would like to thank all our guest DJ's - Derek & Tom, John Manship, Nelly & Yocky, Dave River's, Barry Holland & Little Al to name just a few, for helping us build up support & make The Robin Hood Brierley a superb Northern Soul venue :thumbup: . Thank's as well to our hoast's Roger & Cath for providing us with this great venue & letting us more or less run thing's as we want :good: . Last but by no means least "a massive thank's to You" for all your support month in month out, "cheer's everybody" see you all in 2010 :beer::tongue:thumbsup.gif .

Hope you all have a realy nice Christmas & fantastic New Year, all the best Woody thumbsup.gif:wave: .

Hi Woody glad last night went well mate. And thanks for asking me over to do some spots for you this year really enjoyed it roll on next year may see you at Metrodome next weekend but if i dont have a great xmas and new year. thumbsup.gif:thumbup:

Edited by Guest

Guest dazzzzler

Hi Woody glad last night went well mate. And thanks for asking me over to do some spots for you this year really enjoyed it roll on next year may see you at Metrodome next weekend but if i dont have a great xmas and new year. thumbsup.gif:thumbup:

most exciting thing bout last nite was those 2 guys dancin in corner of dance floor:sleep3: .better luk on next onethumbsup.gif .

Guest modlife

most exciting thing bout last nite was those 2 guys dancin in corner of dance floorsleep3.gif .better luk on next onethumbsup.gif .

Hey Woody! Surely they don`t mean Pepe and me?I went to school and did maths, there`s 4 corners so it`s a 1 in 4 chance innit?So I`ve been to look at Dazzlers profile, (as you do) and guess what? no gender preference! which a must admit, it`s a bit disconcerting so say the least! If your female (fingers crossed!), don`t be coy, come and say "hello!"

On the other hand, if you are a Geezer can I ask yer to be gentle wi mi! tongue.gif

P.S Another cracking night, might I add. So a big slap on the back to everyone involved! See yer soon!

Guest Barry Holland

Hi everybody,

"Rob (Gone With The Wind, real deal) Smith" plus "young Alex" & partner in crime "Peter perfect Jones", big thankyou & well done to you all thumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gif . As with one or two venue's this weekend number's slightly down from normal, mainly due to the shite weather, but still a crackin' nght of top sound's & brill atmosphere whistling.giflaugh.gif .Just wanted to say thank's as well for all the Christmas card's & kind word's & support from my friend's good.gif .

Well what a fantastic first year, myself Dick & Jonah would like to thank all our guest DJ's - Derek & Tom, John Manship, Nelly & Yocky, Dave River's, Barry Holland & Little Al to name just a few, for helping us build up support & make The Robin Hood Brierley a superb Northern Soul venue thumbup.gif . Thank's as well to our hoast's Roger & Cath for providing us with this great venue & letting us more or less run thing's as we want good.gif . Last but by no means least "a massive thank's to You" for all your support month in month out, "cheer's everybody" see you all in 2010 beer.giftongue.gifthumbsup.gif .

Hope you all have a realy nice Christmas & fantastic New Year, all the best Woody thumbsup.gifwave.gif .

Well done Dave, Dick and Jonah, on a fantastic year at the Robin Hood. thumbup.gif Thanks for having me on this year and look forward to doing another spot for you next year. thumbup.gif After what you've gone through , Dave, you are an amazing geezer. king.gif Hope next year you get all the good luck to come your way, which you so deserve. thumbup.gif Will be over more often next year as you know. If we don't see you before, have a great xmas and new year, and i'll most probably give you a bell sometime, all the best, Barry and Ann, KGB, KTF. thumbup.gif

Edited by Barry Holland

Hi Woody glad last night went well mate. And thanks for asking me over to do some spots for you this year really enjoyed it roll on next year may see you at Metrodome next weekend but if i dont have a great xmas and new year. thumbsup.gifthumbup.gif

Aye up Al & Kate,

thank's Al, it's pleasure to have come & do spot for us you know that, your spot's get better & better :) . Glad you had a good night too at Sammies good.gif , sorry about waking you up :thumbsup: .

Have a great Christmas both of you, see you soon Woody :yes: .

Guest dazzzzler

Hey Woody! Surely they don`t mean Pepe and me?I went to school and did maths, there`s 4 corners so it`s a 1 in 4 chance innit?So I`ve been to look at Dazzlers profile, (as you do) and guess what? no gender preference! which a must admit, it`s a bit disconcerting so say the least! If your female (fingers crossed!), don`t be coy, come and say "hello!"

On the other hand, if you are a Geezer can I ask yer to be gentle wi mi! tongue.gif

P.S Another cracking night, might I add. So a big slap on the back to everyone involved! See yer soon!

dont worry buddy u know me.nowt against u2 personaly just thort of u wen suming night up.good.gif

Guest modlife

dont worry buddy u know me.nowt against u2 personaly just thort of u wen suming night up.good.gif

Oreyt Daz? Yeah mate, no offence taken.Wiv got to have a chuckle nar and then. It`s wot keeps us going, innit! thumbsup.gif

Hi buddy,

glad you had a good night, great music, great atmosphere, everybody has there own opinions, glad me & you are on the same wave length :ohmy::lol: . Most people who came along Saturday had a good night, that's the main thing good.gif . Just want to thank you & the lad's for your loyal support every month (don't think you've missed one yet)Cheer's :lol: .

Have a good Christmas & a great New Year thumbsup.gif , sure we'll bump into one another sometime during the holiday, look after your self's, Woody :) .

Guest dazzzzler

Oreyt Daz? Yeah mate, no offence taken.Wiv got to have a chuckle nar and then. It`s wot keeps us going, innit! thumbsup.gif

sound,this is wot these threads r 4.to voice ur opinions .if i enjoy it next time it will get :thumbup: .works both ways.p.s i wasnt avin ago directly at u think ur both top blokes .merry xmas thumbsup.gif

Guest hurryup

sound,this is wot these threads r 4.to voice ur opinions .if i enjoy it next time it will get thumbup.gif .works both ways.p.s i wasnt avin ago directly at u think ur both top blokes .merry xmas thumbsup.gif

whistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif

Well done Dave, Dick and Jonah, on a fantastic year at the Robin Hood. thumbup.gif Thanks for having me on this year and look forward to doing another spot for you next year. thumbup.gif After what you've gone through , Dave, you are an amazing geezer. king.gif Hope next year you get all the good luck to come your way, which you so deserve. thumbup.gif Will be over more often next year as you know. If we don't see you before, have a great xmas and new year, and i'll most probably give you a bell sometime, all the best, Barry and Ann, KGB, KTF. thumbup.gif

Hello Barry & Ann,

thank's for the kind word's good.gif , not to mention the sleep overs at your's :ohmy: & all the support right from the begining of Linda's illness throughout these last two year's, it's been a hard road & some day's it still is. If it were'nt for you & friend's like you i don't know where i'd be now :yes::D .

Anyway onward's & upward's :ohmy: (they were my order's before she left), some top sound's played Saturday night, managed to play "Kelly Garrett", (great responce) good.gif . Glad you'll be over more next year, alway's a pleasure & a laugh with you both :D :D .

You & Ann have been realy good to me, hope you have the best Christmas ever & a crackin' New Year, love & best wishes, Dave :yes::D

P.S. Hope you have a fantastic New Year's Eve down at the KGB. I'm DJing in Donni that night but i'll send you a couple of text's.....

Edited by Streight Up

GLAD YOU HAD A GREAT NIGHT - SHAME THE BAD WEATHER PREVENTED MANY VENTURING OUT LAST WEEKEND - US INCLUDED!

BEST WISHES TO DAVE, DICK & JONAH - KEEP UP THE HARD WORK!! WE KNOW FIRST HAND THE HARD WORK THAT GOES INTO PROMOTING AND PUTTING ON A SOUL NIGHT - BUT THE MUSIC AND THE GREAT FRIENDSHIPS YOU MAKE ALONG THE WAY MAKE IT ALL WORTHWHILE.

DAVE - GLAD YOU LISTENED TO LINDA'S WORDS AND ARE CONTINUING TO MOVE ONWARDS AND UPWARDS AND HOPE 2010 IS A GOOD YEAR FOR YOU!

MERRY XMAS AND A SOULFUL NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL.

AV & PETE

GLAD YOU HAD A GREAT NIGHT - SHAME THE BAD WEATHER PREVENTED MANY VENTURING OUT LAST WEEKEND - US INCLUDED!

BEST WISHES TO DAVE, DICK & JONAH - KEEP UP THE HARD WORK!! WE KNOW FIRST HAND THE HARD WORK THAT GOES INTO PROMOTING AND PUTTING ON A SOUL NIGHT - BUT THE MUSIC AND THE GREAT FRIENDSHIPS YOU MAKE ALONG THE WAY MAKE IT ALL WORTHWHILE.

DAVE - GLAD YOU LISTENED TO LINDA'S WORDS AND ARE CONTINUING TO MOVE ONWARDS AND UPWARDS AND HOPE 2010 IS A GOOD YEAR FOR YOU!

MERRY XMAS AND A SOULFUL NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL.

AV & PETE

Thank's Av,

hope you & Pete are ok, thank's as well for the kind positive comment's :yes: , i hope 2010's a better year & i have a bit more luck too :lol: .

Yeh i'm glad someone else understand's all the hassle that sometime's goes with promoting a venue , you just get on top of one thing then something else crop's up, hey ho :no: . Sometime's you think you're on your own, so it's nice to know your not :lol: . Will you be going to the Metrodome on the 27th ??

You know me Av, tough as old boot's (try to be anyway) & stubborn as a mule, just got to get on with it, that's it :no: .

Merry Christmas, happy New Year from us all, speak soon, love Dave :P:D .