Soul@copa With Ronnie Walker

Just wanted to post up and thank everyone who turned out on a cold and frosty sunday night

to support this event.

number were around 60 and for a small venue this was terrific.

folks were up and dancing early on which is always a good sign.

musically it was a modern event with a bias towards new release and recent stuff plus some classics thrown in for good measure.

a real party atmosphere was created by Sean and myself.

and Ronnie walker was superb, he can still hit the high notes and sounded fantastic.

it was an honour to meet the man in person after speaking to him on here a while back.

All in all a resounding success in a superb venue suited to a modern soul event.

Thanks to sean for asking me to get involved, I loved it

Roll on the next one.

will post up my playlist later on

best

Neil

• Replies 6
  • Views 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Just wanted to say a massive thank you to everyone who came along last night (about 80 in fact) too many to list but what a great night! Super sound, beautiful ladies and a sunning venue, what's not to like.

Special massive thanks goes to Ronnie himself who although tired from his travels performed beautifully for us all - and also to my family in our kitchen in the afternoon - Ronnie your a special guy!

Massive thanks to Neil for bringing the kit which produced a great sound, much appreciated by all inc Ronnie and Dave.

Thanks to Dave for showing my son some guitar chords and helping to keep our music alive.

Lastly well done to Des for organising the tour and funding it - a big commitment not lightly undertaken. And to Leon whom I was told later fetched the whole entourage up from the smoke.

Merry Christmas everyone

Sean

PS Listen to GFM 96.6FM locally or www.gloucesterfm.com on Tuesday morning for a very special show.

Just wanted to say a massive thank you to everyone who came along last night (about 80 in fact) too many to list but what a great night! Super sound, beautiful ladies and a sunning venue, what's not to like.

Special massive thanks goes to Ronnie himself who although tired from his travels performed beautifully for us all - and also to my family in our kitchen in the afternoon - Ronnie your a special guy!

Massive thanks to Neil for bringing the kit which produced a great sound, much appreciated by all inc Ronnie and Dave.

Thanks to Dave for showing my son some guitar chords and helping to keep our music alive.

Lastly well done to Des for organising the tour and funding it - a big commitment not lightly undertaken. And to Leon whom I was told later fetched the whole entourage up from the smoke.

Merry Christmas everyone

Sean

PS Listen to GFM 96.6FM locally or www.gloucesterfm.com on Tuesday morning for a very special show.

Wow the numbers were even better than I thought then, I tried to do a rough head count but you know what it's like when the room is full.

So many rough heads in there !!!!

cheers

Neil