Taste Of Cold, Cold Honey, Manchester

Hi All

For those that made it through the shocking weather conditions to get to the Hellfire Club, there was a nice musical treat instore. 10 or more DJ's made it to provide a great musically diverse sunday afternoon, in what has to be one of the North West most bizzar venues. Basicall a big old victorian building, that is now Goth Central.

But with the woodfire burning and some great people, fun was had by all, nice sets from Willinghams, Bret & Co and Malayka, giving the peeps there a bit of everything. Numbers were low, but hey we all had a nice time, loved the mulled wine. Good to see (Backdoor)Kenny back home where he belongs!!!!!!!!!!! Had to leave early to make the trek back to Gloucestershire, but thanks to Chris for asking us up. Carlos we missed you!!!!!!!!!

Dave

• Replies 44
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Just recovering from the Dortmunder and a potent mulled wine,took us over a hour to make a 15min journey but it was worth the effort had a great time again. The music was top banana and the hardy souls who got there had fun many thanks to the DJ's who got to the Hellfire,and it was good to meet Beeks in person. Got the free disc on the player at the moment many thanks for that too Chris good stuff,we'll be back for the next one and with better weather a full house next time. ATB Steve, Conrad and Jimmy

Surprised how many actually made it to the wacky Hellfire Club and A Taste of Honey ... will post more later, together with playlist (absolutely fab to double deck with the Capt ) - knew it was gonna be a good un ' when we walked through the door to a roarin' fire , mulled wine , lots of friends and to see and hear the Willinghams behind the decks playing an absolutely sublime 7ts set - heaven . As always @ATOH, simply the best for us - top notch tunes, brill people ....thanks to all , not least Chris & Sarah plus of course Carlos who i knew was tuned in from Mexkand

Andy n Denise

'There was a time' All dayer XMAS EVENT

Monday 28th December @ Kennedys Caf Bar, York

Resident DJs Soulmaster Jay, Barry Forth & Ricky Nelson.

Guest DJs Andy Bellwood (The Belfry, Taste of Honey & Riley Smith Hall), Pete Jay & Little Av (Manifesto Soul Club ), Mick Burnett.

What a great finish to a fun weekend with Chris (Hiya)...wave.gif

The mental weather started at about 10.30am and we were convinced no one would make it but we had a good handful of us there at the beginning, plenty of tunes and food, we were set for a snow in if it happened...

It was brilliant how many did make it considering...absolutely gobsmacked when Ken and Tabs walked in as we wrote them off straight away (die hards) but then we found that it was clear all the way for them...rolleyes.gif

I love this venue soooooo much and after the hard weekend, I had to keep moving incase I was took for one of the dummies...laugh.gif

It was a treat for me that it all stayed in one room coz I'm always torn between which one to be in.

Danced far too much (as usual) and by 9pm my legs had given up, so we took the decision to head home in case the roads had got bad...lovely clear run all the way...thumbup.gif

And Carlos, it just wasn't the same without you...wink.gif

I think it was inevitable with the weather that numbers were going to be down.

But the quality of the music definitely wasn't affected.

Superb sets all night with an ATB policy.

Lots of new tunes to me.

Just Superb.

Well worth the journey up to the frozen North.

Special thanks to Ken the chauffeur.wicked.gif

Happy Christmas all and see you at the next installment.

Hi All

Top day all round....was suffering in the morning due to the free bar at Out Of The Blue the night before...woke up at stupid o'clock Sunday morning and 3 hours later I was on my way to the Hellfire!

Arrived to find Chris, Sarah and the Rugby mafia unpacking the car as the snow continued to pour down and set about rearranging the furniture in the club in preparation of the days frivolities

As Sian disappeared for 3 hours (She was only nipping down the road!) we finally got the sound system up and running around 12.30ish

I popped on about 1ish and since the DJs were a little thin on the ground at this point I played for around an hour and a half before thankfully Maria Willingham came to my rescue :yes:

At this point a few very hardy souls were starting to filter in from all corners of the country...seems Manchester...as usual...had its own micro-climate of weather that bucks the trend!

Was lovely to see some familiar faces...Brett was on form...the Rugby lot...including Matty Smart who looked as healthy as the skeletons in the venue (Three day bender) Great to see Malayka and Dave who I hadn't seen since Bamberg...Grandad Kenny (Who I double decked with later) & Tabs who arrived later (We assumed they had got trapped in a snowdrift) and it was also great to meet a few more Soul Sourcers and put faces to names!

Great variety of music right across the board and even thought the 30 odd DJs that were expected didn't happen...the 10 or so that made it meant there was still some fantastic tunes being played

All in all...considering the awful weather the downstairs room was busy enough to make for a brilliant day and thanks to Chris for making the effort and as usual...making everyone feel welcome

To summarise...top day with top friends and a great way to see in the yuletide week

Merry Christmas everyone

Beeks :thumbsup:

Edited by Beeks
Guest Brett F

Horrendous weather, but what a great day out, brilliant music from everyone, like Beeks said truly across the board, music from every genre, great to see many friends, thought Dave and Malayka played some class tunes, Maria and Carl were totally on a different level, pure brilliance, Milton Parker and Melvin Brown awesome stuff, but my mate Mr Havakin was the king for me F.J. Jones and Rey Villar sounded incredible. Nice to meet Drew and Jo (thanks for letting me eat your Sunday dinner and sorry for being annoying laugh.gif). Chris you and Andy always make this a banging day out, a bit of snow cant stop us........... Cheers...Ps Beeks you did look like Jesus sat at that table........

Edited by Brett F

Set off from North Yorkshire back of beyond when deep n crisp an even, slid our way down to our 'Railway Children' era station for the 1st train just before mid day ...to find the signal woman up the tracks trying to brush the snow away from the frozen points and it worked ... so onwards and across the Pennines, slipping n sliding, snow blizzards on the way and when the visibility restored, stunning' xmas card scenery ...finally arrived Manchester Piccadilly. Quick hot coffees all round before braving the massive taxi queue and rather slow moving traffic - some sideways, in the middle of a very snowy Manchester City centre. Finally arrived @The Hell fire around 2.30 to be greeted by the usual hospitality and non stop tunes of the finest order that befits one of the finest soul events around - a very happy band of soulful guys and gals in 'The Cauldron' having a wonderful time . Caught blinding sets from The Willingham's, Brett and Paul (loved the Mal Adams & the Cashmeres? 45) and Malayka.

Had an ace time double deckin' with The Capt

Play list -

King Diamond 'A message to the black woman '(Powerhouse)

Willie West & the High Society Brothers 'The devil gives me everything' (Timmion)

Sue & Sunshine 'If you see me crying' (Columbia)

Jimmy Holiday 'I 'm gonna move to the city' (Minit)

Little Hooks 'I don't want to leave you' (UA)

Herman Grimes '(I'll make you) smile again' (Boot heel)

Maximillian 'You better' (Magic Circle)

Little Pattie 'Pushing a good thing too far' (HMV)

Al Supersonic & The Teenagers 'Keep on walking' (Unique)

Eddie Lovette 'You're my girl'(Steady)

Ann Peebles 'Slipped, tripped and fell in love' (London)

Managed to catch up with Brocky , Phil Shields & Andy Hudson who'd also made the trip over from York & by all account a rather long car trip , lovely to see Chic & Jane again , sorry we missed Dale n Trev Thomas - they were still on their way when we left ... Uneventful trip home, sub zero temperatures, but so so glad we managed to make the trip.

When's the next one?

Charity Northern Soul & Motown Revue @ HUNTINGTON WMC

SATURDAY 16TH JANUARY 2010

In aid of St. Leonards Hospice, York

DJ's Little Av & Pete Jay (Manifesto Soul Club}, Andy Bellwood (The Belfry, Taste Of Honey & Riley Smith Hall),Andy Hudson & Mike Ward (Soul & Motown Revue)

Huntington WMC,1 North Moor Road, Huntington, York. YO32 9QS Tel 01904 768370 Andy01904 441428 Mike 01904 340764£5:00 (8 till 1am) arrive early

Dates for your diary - 24th April 2010 , Northern Soul & Motown Revue, Classic Club Soul Night and more

- 10th July 2010 - 1st Anniversary Alldayer , Free Style DJing

Guest Brett F

PLAYLIST (UPSTAIRS FOR ABOUT 2 HOURS, PLUS MAIN SET WITH PAUL HAVAKIN)

REY VILLAR AND THE ROYAL FLUSH - HEAVEN IS MY WITNESS - ECOBOLIC

JERRY WASHINGTON - DONT WASTE MY TIME - GLADES

CARMELITA - ROSEBUD - CARMEN

THE SMITH BROTHERS - CHECK ME OUT - GOLD FUTURE

FREEMAN BROTHERS - LIFE OF LOVE - SPROUT

MILTON WRIGHT - KEEP IT UP - ALSTON

CLYDE MILTON - I'D RATHER LEAVE ON MY FEET - DISCO TAC

OCHO - UNDRESS MY MIND - AVALANCHE DEMO

NATE EVANS - MAIN SQUEEZE - TWINIGHT DEMO

THE HARVEY AVERNE BAND - LOVE NEVER STAYS THE SAME - FANIA

SAM NESBIT - CHASE THOSE CLOUDS AWAY - AMOS DEMO

THE TERIBBLE FRANKIE NIEVES- TRUE LOVE - SPEED

TWO TONS OF LOVE - WHAT GOOD AM I WITHOUT YOU - PARAMOUNT DEMO

RUBY- DECEIVED- GOLD TOKEN

BRENDA JONES - BIG MISTAKE - MERCURY DEMO

WILLIE WADE- COME INTO M YWORLD - NITE LIFE

JOHNNY MAE MATTHEWS - I HAVE NO CHOICE - BIG HIT

LEONARD ADAIR- THAT SMILE UPON YOUR FACE - STAGE PRODUCTIONS.

PROBABLY SOME OTHERS FROM THE UPSTAIRS HOUR BUT CANT REMEMBER..........

PS CONSIDERING IT WAS SNOWING AND FREEZING OUTSIDE WASNT IT LOVELY AND WARM INSIDE WITH THAT ROARING LOG FIRE...... YEAH I KNOW I HAD TO BE PULLED AWAY BUT HELL A YOUNG BOY WITH A BAG FULL OF LOGS AND FIRE....ME AND THAT ARE NOT A GOOD COMBINATIONlaugh.gif

BRETT F

Don't ask me for a playlist as I was generally pulling them out but here is a selection...kept most of my heavy rock n roll R&B numbers firmly in the box otherwise the chicken wire would have needed to be erected :lol:

Fay simmons - And The Angels Sing

Roy Head - Just A Little Bit

Henry Strogin - Misery

Lloyd Price - Every Night

Taurus&Leo - Going Out The World Backwards

Little Frankie Lee - I Gotta Come Back

Betty O'Brien - Why Me

Big Joe Turner - I'm Packin Up

Roy Brown - Slow Down Little Eva

Barbara Wells - Pretty Boy

Jimmy Holliday - Love Me One More Time

Rose Hargrove - Why Am I Losing You

Fats Domino - If You Don't Know What Love Is

Timmy Shaw - A Letter From My Baby

Junior Walker - Good Rockin

Mary Johnson - These Tears

Eddie Burns - Mean And Evil

John Speaker - I Can't Break The News To Myself

Dorothy Williams - Watchdog

Rayons - You Confuse Me Baby

Chuck Mitchell & Buddy Stewarts Topnotchers - Your good Loving

Merle Spears - I Want To Know

Screaming Joe Neal - She's My Baby

Baby Huey - Messin With The Kid

Chase Canfil - Woke Up This Morning

Barbara Dane - I'm On My Way

The Four His - Heartbreak River

Arthur Prysock - I Must Be Doing Something Right

Few more too but can't be arsed typing anymore :lol:

Edited by Beeks
Guest Brett F

it's funny i was talking with Drew, about playing music from over 45 years all under one roof, well it worked for me, Beeks comes from the other end of the Soul spectrum but i still enjoyed hearing his music.thumbsup.gif

Horrendous weather, but what a great day out, brilliant music from everyone, like Beeks said truly across the board, music from every genre, great to see many friends, thought Dave and Malayka played some class tunes, Maria and Carl were totally on a different level, pure brilliance, Milton Parker and Melvin Brown awesome stuff, but my mate Mr Havakin was the king for me F.J. Jones and Rey Villar sounded incredible. Nice to meet Drew and Jo (thanks for letting me eat your Sunday dinner). Chris you and Andy always make this a banging day out, a bit of snow cant stop us........... Cheers...Ps Beeks you did look like Jesus sat at that table........

Save me the bother Brett

i was gonna ask which one of you scoundrels would get it on the decks firstwicked.gif

Sadly i could'nt attend for personal reasons(family bereavement) but i think the weather would have got the better of us anyway sad.gif

Glad it went well for all who attended and roll on the next one

p.s

As Beeks said ,it was'nt just the music ,but the chance to hook up with some thoroughly decent friendly peoplethumbsup.gif

iBeeks comes from the other end of the Soul spectrum but i still enjoyed hearing his music.thumbsup.gif

Likewise...I even had a dance to a couple of your new fangled 'Modern' records...must be a first! :lol:

Also liked a couple of others...Kev played a really interesting instrumental with a talking vocal at the beginning...not sure what sub genre that falls into but loved it! Dave Thorley played a cracking record as his last track too!

Likewise...I even had a dance to a couple of your new fangled 'Modern' records...must be a first! laugh.gif

Also liked a couple of others...Kev played a really interesting instrumental with a talking vocal at the beginning...not sure what sub genre that falls into but loved it! Dave Thorley played a cracking record as his last track too!

Thanks Beeks

That was the un-released Bill Spoon-Can't wait-Studio Disc

Here is the rest of my 'Blink and you'll miss it' set

Holidays-Without your sweet love-C/U

Houston Outlaws-Save the world-C/U

Precisions-What I want

Charles mintz-Lucky guy

Dewey Jeffries-When no one cares

Florence Trapp-Love came into my life

Carbon Copies-Just don't love you

Ben Cauley & First Flight-Used to loving you C/U

Memphians-Mississippi sunrise C/U

Whispering Shadows-Stop the world

Chuck Cockerham-Have I the right

Sir Joe-Nobody beats my love

Guest Blackwingedangel

Likewise...I even had a dance to a couple of your new fangled 'Modern' records...must be a first! laugh.gif

laugh.gifshhh.gifohmy.gifshades.gifrolleyes.gifwhistling.giftumbleweed3.gif

coat, gotten...gone.

WOW !!! I REALLY DON'T KNOW WHERETO BEGIN TO THANK EVERYONE FOR MAKING WHAT LOOKED LIKE BEING A WHITE-OUT / WIPE-OUT A HEART-WARMING SUCCESS IN THE FACE OF ALL THAT GOOD OLE 'MOTHER NATURE' COULD THROW AT US !!!!!!

WONDERFULL MUSIC, WONDEFULL FOLKS WHO PULLED OUT THE STOPS TO JOIN US A 'THE HELLFIRE CLUB' FOR OUR LITTLE PIECE OF SOUL-HEAVEN !

IT WAS LOOKING GRIM AT THE START AND THE ONLY THING THAT WAS HOT WAS MY MOBILE ! FULLY UNDERSTANDABLE THAT FOLKS COULDN'T MAKE IT . WE MISSED Y'ALL BUT HEY WE'LL CYA ON MARCH 28TH FOR OUR BIT OF 'MARCH-HARE SOULTASTIC MADNESS' !

(DETAILS VERY SOON)

MASSIVE THANKS TO ALL WHO MADE IT AND BOY DID WE HAVE A GOOD TIME ! A ROARING FIRE, MULLED WINE , HOT SOUL AND TOP COMPANY !

ANDY & THE LOVELY LADIES FROM ROCHDALE, DREW, CONRAD, STEVE, JIMMY, TABS , THE KEELE GANG. SIR KENNETH, SIAN,DEAN,MATT, DALE, TREV, BROCKY,CPL SHIELDS, ANDY & DENISE, CHIC, JANE, KEV & SHARON (TA KEV LOADS FOR DOING A FINE HOUR WITH MATT !) THE FAB WILLINGHAMS, BEEKS, BRETT, PAUL H, ANDY HUDSON, GEORGE & LAURA, SARA, DAVE & MALAYKA,

I KNOW I'VE MISSED A FEW AND MY APOLOGIES BUT ALSO MY HEARTFELT THANKS FOR YOUR FANTASTIC COMPANY !! IF YOUR READING DOWN IN MEXICO CARLOS WE ALL MISSED YOU !

ALL DJs ABSOLUTELY FAULTLESS, A WIDE RANGE OF STYLES AND MIXES WHICH HIT THE SPOT TIME AFTER TIME !

I WILL WRITE MORE , REALLY OVERWHELMED AT ALL THE FAB COMMENTS ! TA TO SARA FOR HER STIRLING ASSISTANCE, THE RUGBY CREW ,BEEKS & PAUL HAVEKIN FOR SETTING THE SCENE FOR THE DAY WITH THEIR HELP ENSURING EVERYTHING LOOKED & SOUNDED RIGHT ! THANKS TO OUR GENIAL HOST DAVE FOR HIS FIRE-EATING ANTICS , MULLED WINE & BLAZING HOT FIRE WHICH KEPT US WARM !

HATS OFF TO ALL THE FINE TUNESMITHS ! I'LL POST MINE LATER !

BIG LUV TO Y'ALL !

MERRY CHRISTMAS HOPE Y'ALL HAVE A GREAT TIME & CYA IN MARCH !!

BEARSOUL & FRIENDS (THAT'S ALL OF YOU !!!!! ) thumbup.gif

Edited by bearsoul

An absolutely cracker (pardon the pun) of an afternoon and evening with some excellent tunes.

The fact that the music was played in one room worked for me as I'm greedy and want to hear everything on offer.

I'm sorry I had to leave around 8pm and could have easily stayed until the end.

It was great to meet a few faces behind the avatars, particuarly Brett F who' s passion for soul music and wanting to hear something new takes some beating. thumbsup.gif

Thanks to Paul Havarkin for playing the Mal Adams record.

The venue has to be seen to be believed, what with the 'dancing skull Santa' and Count Dracula wanting to shake hands in the gents makes for a weird experience. However, with the roaring open fire and the snow outside it was like having a soul party in someone's house. thumbup.gif

It was a shame that a great many didn't make it cos of the weather but thanks to Chris for a great do.

All the best and KTF.

Drew.

Edited by Drew3

Hi All

For those that made it through the shocking weather conditions to get to the Hellfire Club, there was a nice musical treat instore. 10 or more DJ's made it to provide a great musically diverse sunday afternoon, in what has to be one of the North West most bizzar venues. Basicall a big old victorian building, that is now Goth Central.

But with the woodfire burning and some great people, fun was had by all, nice sets from Willinghams, Bret & Co and Malayka, giving the peeps there a bit of everything. Numbers were low, but hey we all had a nice time, loved the mulled wine. Good to see (Backdoor)Kenny back home where he belongs!!!!!!!!!!! Had to leave early to make the trek back to Gloucestershire, but thanks to Chris for asking us up. Carlos we missed you!!!!!!!!!

Dave

Im so glad that all friends that made it had such a great time, rolleyes.gif I was feeling awfull having to forward, all the way from Mexico, to Chris so many messages , of "We are on the motorway but dont think we are going to make it" and to hear that Sam could not do the snake pass due to snow angry.gif Thanks to all that made it and as I said glad you had a very good time, hatsoff2.gif I can asure you that I was there in spirit. innocent.gif From a 26-29 degrees sunny Mexico thumbup.gif Have a great Christmas and all the best for the New Year, Muy Feliz Navidad y un muy prospero A±o Nuevo tumbleweed3.gif

Hi All

Was lovely to see some familiar faces...Brett was on form...the Rugby lot...including Matty Smart who looked as healthy as the skeletons in the venue (Three day bender)

Merry Christmas everyone

Beeks thumbsup.gif

haha would have liked to have seen matt, was both out on the friday no way i could have lasted sat / sun too!

shame i missed this, with xmas being close and just coming back from a short holiday funds were too stretched. sounds like it was a cracking do though, hope to get along to the next one.

merry xmas all

Set off from North Yorkshire back of beyond when deep n crisp an even, slid our way down to our 'Railway Children' era station for the 1st train just before mid day ...to find the signal woman up the tracks trying to brush the snow away from the frozen points and it worked ... so onwards and across the Pennines, slipping n sliding, snow blizzards on the way and when the visibility restored, stunning' xmas card scenery ...finally arrived Manchester Piccadilly. Quick hot coffees all round before braving the massive taxi queue and rather slow moving traffic - some sideways, in the middle of a very snowy Manchester City centre. Finally arrived @The Hell fire around 2.30 to be greeted by the usual hospitality and non stop tunes of the finest order that befits one of the finest soul events around - a very happy band of soulful guys and gals in 'The Cauldron' having a wonderful time . Caught blinding sets from The Willingham's, Brett and Paul (loved the Mal Adams & the Cashmeres? 45) and Malayka.

Had an ace time double deckin' with The Capt

Play list -

King Diamond 'A message to the black woman '(Powerhouse)

Willie West & the High Society Brothers 'The devil gives me everything' (Timmion)

Sue & Sunshine 'If you see me crying' (Columbia)

Jimmy Holiday 'I 'm gonna move to the city' (Minit)

Little Hooks 'I don't want to leave you' (UA)

Herman Grimes '(I'll make you) smile again' (Boot heel)

Maximillian 'You better' (Magic Circle)

Little Pattie 'Pushing a good thing too far' (HMV)

Al Supersonic & The Teenagers 'Keep on walking' (Unique)

Eddie Lovette 'You're my girl'(Steady)

Ann Peebles 'Slipped, tripped and fell in love' (London)

Managed to catch up with Brocky , Phil Shields & Andy Hudson who'd also made the trip over from York & by all account a rather long car trip , lovely to see Chic & Jane again , sorry we missed Dale n Trev Thomas - they were still on their way when we left ... Uneventful trip home, sub zero temperatures, but so so glad we managed to make the trip.

When's the next one?

Charity Northern Soul & Motown Revue @ HUNTINGTON WMC

SATURDAY 16TH JANUARY 2010

In aid of St. Leonards Hospice, York

DJ's Little Av & Pete Jay (Manifesto Soul Club}, Andy Bellwood (The Belfry, Taste Of Honey & Riley Smith Hall),Andy Hudson & Mike Ward (Soul & Motown Revue)

Huntington WMC,1 North Moor Road, Huntington, York. YO32 9QS Tel 01904 768370 Andy01904 441428 Mike 01904 340764£5:00 (8 till 1am) arrive early

Dates for your diary - 24th April 2010 , Northern Soul & Motown Revue, Classic Club Soul Night and more

- 10th July 2010 - 1st Anniversary Alldayer , Free Style DJing

YEP WE MADE IT ANDY......MISSED YA BY HALF HOUR .... THANKS CHRIS FOR THE HOSPITALITY BEFORE OUR RETURN JOURNEY MUST SAY WAS EASIER AND A LITTLE QUICKER GETTING BACK SEE YA MARCHthumbsup.gif

Horrendous weather, but what a great day out, brilliant music from everyone, like Beeks said truly across the board, music from every genre, great to see many friends, thought Dave and Malayka played some class tunes, Maria and Carl were totally on a different level, pure brilliance, Milton Parker and Melvin Brown awesome stuff, but my mate Mr Havakin was the king for me F.J. Jones and Rey Villar sounded incredible. Nice to meet Drew and Jo (thanks for letting me eat your Sunday dinner and sorry for being annoying :laugh:). Chris you and Andy always make this a banging day out, a bit of snow cant stop us........... Cheers...Ps Beeks you did look like Jesus sat at that table........

Hi All had a great time sun, shame i had to leave as the numbers were building by the hour considering what the weather was like but all who made it were determine to make the most of the day. At one point i thought we were gonna be there all Christmas due to being snowed in, now that would have made for a good film. My partner in crime or should that be charcoal Brett did a sterling job of manning the fire at one point i said if those bags of logs run out start with the chairs. Beeks you did look like our lord at the last supper nice to meet you. Heres my playlist upstairs and downstairs now it's turning into a victorian period drama,

Betty wright - the best girls don't always win - Alston

The Insiders - Chapel bells are ringing- Red bird

The Intertains - I see the light - Uptown

Bogis chimes - I think you'll find - Champ

Soul Bros. Inc. - Pyramid - Golden eye

Thee Dupremes - So in love with you - Dupremes

The Corvetts - You're Blue - Moon

Mal adams & the Cashmeres - Since man began - Emerge

Sly, Slick and Wicked - Surely is you is or is ain't my baby - Paramount

Cookin on 3 burners - This girl - Freestyle

Danny williams - All those lies - Musical energy

F. J. Jones - Gone and found another - P.S.

Rey villar and the royal flush - Heaven is my witness - Ecbolic

The Satisfactions - Turn back the lights - Lionel

Joe bataan - Ordinary guy - Salsoul

The Supreme jubilees - You don't know - S&K

The Swan silvertones - If you believe - HOB

Have a safe Christmas and a peaceful New year Paul.

Im so glad that all friends that made it had such a great time, :rolleyes: I was feeling awfull having to forward, all the way from Mexico, to Chris so many messages , of "We are on the motorway but dont think we are going to make it" and to hear that Sam could not do the snake pass due to snow :angry: Thanks to all that made it and as I said glad you had a very good time, :hatsoff2: I can asure you that I was there in spirit. :innocent: From a 26-29 degrees sunny Mexico :thumbup: Have a great Christmas and all the best for the New Year, Muy Feliz Navidad y un muy prospero A±o Nuevo :tumbleweed3:

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP AMIGO !thumbsup.gif

Well what away to finish the wknd of.......we intending leaving York about 12ish but it

was gone 1 when we filled the car with duvets, flasks, food and a few 45s

Collected Andy H and off to Hellfire............think we arrived about 5.30

And all I can say it was Fabulous

Top company and tunes, it's what its all about

Finally made it back to York about 2am......very happy

Thanks to all for a brilliant day and a special mention for my travelling companions

Andy and Brocky

HERE'S MY TUNERY FOR THE DAY ..INCLUDING A MAD SPIN DOWN MEMORY LANE AT THE END IN EXTRA TIME ADDED ON FERGIE-STYLEE !!!!!!

IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER !

EDDIE HOLMAN : FOUR WALLS

JAY DARROW : SOUL NEIGHBOURHOOD

DEREK MARTIN : WE HAVE LIVED BEFORE

JOHHNY CASWELL : ALL MIXED UP

OUTRIDERS : TELEGRAM SONG

PHILLY DAWGS : LOVE MAKES THE WORLD GO ROUND

JUDY McDONALD : THERE'S NOTHING I WOULD RATHER DO

JOYCE JONES : HELP ME MAKE UP MY MIND

CHUCK SIBIT : HEY GIRL

E.T.WHITE : LOOSEN UP

LA TRIBU : NO TE QUIERO MAS

CARLENA WEAVER : JEALOUSY

JEAN ELIAS : HOW LONG

KING FLOYD : TIMES HAVE CHANGED

CARL WHITE : BABY THAT'SA NO NO

JAY.T : THE ROAD AHEAD

THE DeVONS : GROOVIN WITH MY THING

FIESTAS : SOMETIMES STORM

EUGENE PITT : COME DOWN IN TIME

JOHNNIE & JO: HERE WE GO BABY

NATUAL GAS: FEEL IT IN YOUR HEART

SHIRLEY VAUGHAN : DOESN'T EVERYBODY

THE JIVE FIVE : CRYING LIKE A BABY

MONTEREYS: IT HURTS ME SO

THE SUPERBS : I WAS BLIND

PROPHETS : I DON'T LOVE YOU NO MORE BABY

ROYAL FIVE : SAY IT TO MY FACE

FESTIVALS : GREEN GROW THE LILACS

ED GOOCH : SWEET DREAMS

RAY POLLARD : THIS TIME

BOBBY HUTTON: COME SEE WHATS LEFT OF ME

DENA BARNES : IF YOU EVER WALKED OUT OF MY LIFE

DARRELL BANKS: I'M THE ONE WHO LOVES YOU

MARVIN GAYE: LITTLE DARLING

EDWIN STARR :HEADLINE NEWS

EPITOME OF SOUND : YOU DON'T LOVE ME

BARBARA McNAIR : YOU'RE GONNA LOVE MY BABY

FOUR TOPS : I'LL TURN TO STONE

BENNY HILL : ERNIE

MASSIVE THANKS TO ALL WHO MADE IT SUCH AN ACE DAY !!

Thanks Beeks

That was the un-released Bill Spoon-Can't wait-Studio Disc

Here is the rest of my 'Blink and you'll miss it' set

Holidays-Without your sweet love-C/U

Houston Outlaws-Save the world-C/U

Precisions-What I want

Charles mintz-Lucky guy

Dewey Jeffries-When no one cares

Florence Trapp-Love came into my life

Carbon Copies-Just don't love you

Ben Cauley & First Flight-Used to loving you C/U

Memphians-Mississippi sunrise C/U

Whispering Shadows-Stop the world

Chuck Cockerham-Have I the right

Sir Joe-Nobody beats my love

ACE TUNES FROM YER GUDSELF & MALAYKA AS ALWAYS !!!! THANKYOU FOR YOUR FINE COMPANY AND HOPE YOU'LL JOIN US IN 'GOTH CENTRAL' AGAIN !!!!!

CHRIS thumbsup.gif

NEXT INSTALLMENT OF ' A TASTE OF HONEY ' TAKES PLACE ON SUNDAY 28TH OF MARCH . 3 - 11 PM

DISC-JOCKEYS ALLREADY CONFIRMED : SOUL SAM . MARIA WILLINGHAM . DAVE RIMMER . MATT SMART . ANDY BELLWOOD . PAUL HAVEKIN . BRETT FRANKLIN . JIMMY MACK . THE ATTIC ALL-STARS . BANBURY S.C . CHRIS MORGAN . SIR KENNETH AITCHISON . NORTHERN NEV .

WILL KEEP YOU POSTED !

TWO ROOMS OF GROVETASTIC ! SOULTASTIC MUSIC IN ARGUABLY THE STRANGEST SURROUNDINGS YOU MIGHT EVER ENCOUNTER , NOT YER AVERAGE VENUE !!!!! ALWAYS A FINE SUNDAY KINDA MENU AVAILABLE !

WE ALL SURVIVED THE BLEAK MID-WINTER EDITION SO COME AND HELP US STEP SOULFULLY INTO SPRING WITH A TOUCH OF 'MARCH--MADNESS' !!! HELLFIRE - HONEY STYLEE !!!!!!

CPTN BRASS-MONKEYS thumbsup.gif

Edited by bearsoul

]This is how it should be The Location second none the ghost host just perfect in Mr Chris Morgan 6.gif . Well worth the 21/ 2 hours on the M62 car park. Quality DJ's traveling from the continent the Irish Continent Via Tadcaster and York and to the second capital of the north, Manchester In Phil Shields and companion Brocky, can she eat. Nicking my sandwich thinking she was going to get stranded, and then eating a roast beef dinner when she got there. Greeted by Chris when we got there great geeza. Great to see Chic, a well balanced set you did with Phil double decking It was a shame people left early due to the deteriorating weather but hay-ho I got there to have a good few vodkas and listen to quality. The most dedicated person to the seen that day must go to :ohmy::yes: @@@@@@ :D from Runcorn, ordering a himself and his wife Sunday dinners, sat at the table, dinner came and he had to go and dj' for an hour Who was it who had eaten it then???........B..Begins ends in y Sorry I can' t remember your name's, I' ll be around to see Tom and Mala and pass on your seasonal greeting as promised

Pure CLass music! Attendance down but not in Spirit. Glade I never sold my sheep skin :ohmy: as it rapped nice around the legs on the way home.

The Rugger crowd just a credit, The Shrewsbury's, C/U great never heard it on this scene or any other scene before wink wink say no more looking forward to a "Rocking good party @ Teddington" Earnie Shivers due to the weather condition. Wind chill factor Records going to be big. Thank fcuk no one had a video camera or did they???? Chris Keep it up we luv ya. Met some right nice people and missed some Right nice people, over 4 hour to get there :yes: Bah!

ANDY

Edited by philly dog

]This is how it should be The Location second none the ghost host just perfect in Mr Chris Morgan 6.gif . Well worth the 21/ 2 hours on the M62 car park. Quality DJ's traveling from the continent the Irish Continent Via Tadcaster and York and to the second capital of the north, Manchester In Phil Shields and companion Brocky, can she eat. Nicking my sandwich thinking she was going to get stranded, and then eating a roast beef dinner when she got there. Greeted by Chris when we got there great geeza. Great to see Chic, a well balanced set you did with Phil double decking It was a shame people left early due to the deteriorating weather but hay-ho I got there to have a good few vodkas and listen to quality. The most dedicated person to the seen that day must go to lamsey.gifhatsoff2.gif @@@@@@ shades.gif from Runcorn, ordering a himself and his wife Sunday dinners, sat at the table, dinner came and he had to go and dj' for an hour Who was it who had eaten it then???........B..Begins ends in y Sorry I can' t remember your name's, I' ll be around to see Tom and Mala and pass on your seasonal greeting as promised

Pure CLass music! Attendance down but not in Spirit. Glade I never sold my sheep skin lamsey.gif as it rapped nice around the legs on the way home.

The Rugger crowd just a credit, The Shrewsbury's, C/U great never heard it on this scene or any other scene before wink wink say no more looking forward to a "Rocking good party @ Teddington" Earnie Shivers due to the weather condition. Wind chill factor Records going to be big. Thank fcuk no one had a video camera or did they???? Chris Keep it up we luv ya. Met some right nice people and missed some Right nice people, over 4 hour to get there cheese1.gif Bah!

ANDY

SO YOU ENJOYED IT THEN ANDY ????

RECKON YOU'VE SUMMED IT UP THERE !!!!!!!!!!!!

SHAME ABOUT THE WICKED WITCH OF THA' NORTH SENDING HER EVIL FLYING MONKEYS TO DESPATCH ALL THAT ICE N SNOW ...SHE NEARLY SUCCEDED IN FREZZING US OUT BUT HADN'T COUNTED ON THE HONEYGROOVERS RESISTANCE MOVEMENT WHO MANAGED TO GET THROUGH ENEMY LINES TO CUT A RUG IN FRONT OF A BLAZING FIRE . DID THINK WE WERE IN OZ MEETS LORD OF THE RINGS MEETS THRILLER AT ONE POINT...MUST HAVE BEEN ALL THAT MULLED WINE !!!!!!!!! TWAS KEV & SHARON SPITTLE OF UNITED SOUND OF SOUL FAME FROM RUNCORNIA !!! FINE FOLK !!!

CPTN M thumbsup.gif

I've been playin' the free disc in the car since Sunday and it's the first time my offspring has asked me to play a track again.....................you've guessed it.........Ernie!!!!!!

Only you Cptn, only you. Quality!!! thumbup.gif

KTF.

Drew.

Edited by Drew3

I've been playin' the free disc in the car since Sunday and it's the first time my offspring has asked me to play a track again.....................you've guessed it.........Ernie!!!!!!

Only you Cptn, only you. Quality!!! thumbup.gif

KTF.

Drew.

CAN'T SAY WE'RE NOT ATB ..WE CATER FOR ONE N ALL thumbup.gif

]This is how it should be The Location second none the ghost host just perfect in Mr Chris Morgan 6.gif . Well worth the 21/ 2 hours on the M62 car park. Quality DJ's traveling from the continent the Irish Continent Via Tadcaster and York and to the second capital of the north, Manchester In Phil Shields and companion Brocky, can she eat. Nicking my sandwich thinking she was going to get stranded, and then eating a roast beef dinner when she got there. Greeted by Chris when we got there great geeza. Great to see Chic, a well balanced set you did with Phil double decking It was a shame people left early due to the deteriorating weather but hay-ho I got there to have a good few vodkas and listen to quality. The most dedicated person to the seen that day must go to lamsey.gifhatsoff2.gif @@@@@@ shades.gif from Runcorn, ordering a himself and his wife Sunday dinners, sat at the table, dinner came and he had to go and dj' for an hour Who was it who had eaten it then???........B..Begins ends in y Sorry I can' t remember your name's, I' ll be around to see Tom and Mala and pass on your seasonal greeting as promised

Pure CLass music! Attendance down but not in Spirit. Glade I never sold my sheep skin lamsey.gif as it rapped nice around the legs on the way home.

The Rugger crowd just a credit, The Shrewsbury's, C/U great never heard it on this scene or any other scene before wink wink say no more looking forward to a "Rocking good party @ Teddington" Earnie Shivers due to the weather condition. Wind chill factor Records going to be big. Thank fcuk no one had a video camera or did they???? Chris Keep it up we luv ya. Met some right nice people and missed some Right nice people, over 4 hour to get there cheese1.gif Bah!

ANDY

SHAME ABOUT THE WICKED WITCH OF THA' NORTH SENDING HER EVIL FLYING MONKEYS TO DESPATCH ALL THAT ICE N SNOW ...SHE NEARLY SUCCEDED IN FREZZING US OUT BUT HADN'T COUNTED ON THE HONEYGROOVERS RESISTANCE MOVEMENT WHO MANAGED TO GET THROUGH ENEMY LINES TO CUT A RUG IN FRONT OF A BLAZING FIRE . DID THINK WE WERE IN OZ MEETS LORD OF THE RINGS MEETS THRILLER AT ONE POINT...MUST HAVE BEEN ALL THAT MULLED WINE !!!!!!!!! TWAS KEV & SHARON SPITTLE OF UNITED SOUND OF SOUL FAME FROM RUNCORNIA !!! FINE FOLK !!!

CPTN M thumbsup.gif

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

GLAD YOU ALL HAD A GREAT TIME AND THE PLAYLISTS SAY IT ALL - ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!! thumbup.gifthumbup.gif SO GUTTED WE COULDN'T MAKE IT.sad.gifsad.gif

HATS OFF TO CPT MORGAN FOR PUTTING ON SUCH A GREAT DAY - THIS HAS TO BE ONE OF THE BEST VENUES AROUND!!hatsoff2.gif

LOOKING FORWARD TO THE NEXT ONE ON 28 MARCH 2010.yes.gif

HAVE A VERY MERRY XMAS ALL AND A SOULFUL NEW YEAR - SEE YOU ALL IN 2010.

AV & PETE

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

GLAD YOU ALL HAD A GREAT TIME AND THE PLAYLISTS SAY IT ALL - ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!! thumbup.gifthumbup.gif SO GUTTED WE COULDN'T MAKE IT.sad.gifsad.gif

HATS OFF TO CPT MORGAN FOR PUTTING ON SUCH A GREAT DAY - THIS HAS TO BE ONE OF THE BEST VENUES AROUND!!hatsoff2.gif

LOOKING FORWARD TO THE NEXT ONE ON 28 MARCH 2010.yes.gif

HAVE A VERY MERRY XMAS ALL AND A SOULFUL NEW YEAR - SEE YOU ALL IN 2010.

AV & PETE

God bless ya !! SHAME ABOUT WEATHER BUT ONWARDS & UPWARDS ! I'LL PM YA !!

CPTN M thumbsup.gif

CPTN M thumbsup.gif

R the Runcornain's on the source I know Sharon waz beer.gif on it Sunday but that was alco type. Great to talk to them and you Is there clue in UNITED SOUND OF SOUL or is that thier venue, CPTN Chris have good one see u when you r out hybination, even spell check gave up on that one :)

Andy & Mel

Edited by philly dog

R the Runcornain's on the source I know Sharon waz beer.gif on it Sunday but that was alco type. Great to talk to them and you Is there clue in UNITED SOUND OF SOUL or is that thier venue, CPTN Chris have good one see u when you r out hybination, even spell check gave up on that one hypo.gif

Andy & Mel

THIS BEAR IS DEFO HIBERNATING !!!!!! COLD N ICEY HERE STILL !!!!! IT'LL HAVE TO BE SOMETHING SPECIAL TO TEMPT ME OUTAH MY SOUL-CAVE THAT'S FOR SURE !!!!!! HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO YERGOODSELF & MEL !!!!!!

CHRISTY MAS thumbsup.gif

Still gutted We couldn't get there, even to have a skeleton shake my hand!!

Well done to Chris for carrying on and obviously having a good ole time.

Will see you at the next one in March - assuming we don't get held up by

the snow again!! can't wait already

Jim

OR BY MEXICAN BANDITS !!!!!!!! whistling.gif