Keele Allnighter 19Th Dec

Well its good to see my beloved Keele up and going at full tilt,numbers was good the floor was busy all night long.

I popped in to the R&B room a couple of times,it was a shame there was not many in it,the music was spot on.

Thanks to all concerned,for putting on Keele.

I would have posted earlier but was a little fragile.6.gif

Happy Christmas,Kev.thumbsup.gif

• Replies 24
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

yep well done to Andy for being brave enough to put his money where his mouth is

big that it is only joking ANDY:thumbup:

Record bar was busy,a few faces missing though that i thought usually suport Andys doos

music in main room was brilliant--1000 times better,only i dodgy spot to my untrained ears

Edited by keithw

Perfect, just perfect!

The South Yorkshire Soul Searchers had a great time, we used Samantha's as a warm up leaving at midnight to drive to Keele. The road conditions were dicey to say the least but as soon as we got into Keele and hit the floor we all warmed up.

2009 has been a blast with so many soulful people making every event a celebration, thank you Andy for giving us the venues, easy to but a venue on using the tired Northernsoul formula, well risky financially to give us what we want mate and for this I thank you.

2010 needs venues of Keels' caliber

Absolutley delighted with the turn out from all over the place in attrocious weather,may thanks to you all.All the djs mixed it up very well,and the dance floor was very busy allnite.Apologies for leaveing earlier than usual but am not very well at the moment,and stayed as long as i could.We have booked the venue for 3 dates in 2010 and will post details as soon as poss :lol:.

Guest soul elite

Absolutley delighted with the turn out from all over the place in attrocious weather,may thanks to you all.All the djs mixed it up very well,and the dance floor was very busy allnite.Apologies for leaveing earlier than usual but am not very well at the moment,and stayed as long as i could.We have booked the venue for 3 dates in 2010 and will post details as soon as poss thumbsup.gif.

Had an amazing time, worth every second of the awful cramp i had after!sad.gif

anyone have any miracle cure for cramp please???

Katrina x

A known cure for cramp (in the legs)

QUININE SULPHATE (300mg) for oral use (contains..Lactose & E171)

Normaly on prescription but can be purchased online.........mine are on prescription....medical condition

It works for me.......try them sometime you never know.

Or dont dance and stand around all night and be very boring.......that way no cramps.

Toby

Normaly on prescription but can be purchased online.........mine are on prescription....medical condition

Or dont dance and stand around all night and be very boring.......that way no cramps.

Toby

quinine is also found in tonic water

it might help

also resolve or some such hangover cure might help as it will put salt and minerals back in your body!

There seems to be aload of bullshit going out on the after events to keep the promoter happy and people who hav'nt been are believing it. Well heres my bullshit,there was over a thousand people on the night,the door staff and the bar staff are the most friendly people to come across and the drinks were very very cheap,everyone had a christmas atmosphere there,the music was top notch,father Ted did it for me,played a great set,all the other djs had a great set aswell. Dave Abbot played aload of shit,I got loads of christmas cards,dvds,cds aswell as cups of tea,i was in great company with Mark and Kev,well you can believe it or not the only two things i'm lying about was, there was a good crowd which keep floor going allnight and Dave Abbot played the most connoisseur set i've heard in years,keep the good work up Andy,i know your under the weather a little bit Saturday night,cause you couldn't get to the gym because the roads were to bad,finish the year on a high, thanks again for the christmas cards, and Simon stop nipping my arse.

Cheers Billy keep on keeping on.

As most people have cited a great venue top notch , a great blend of djs who all delivered spot on sets including the r&b room , also a happy friendly crowd who wanna dance allnight to northern soul , thumbsup.gif sounds good doesnt it well it was yes.gif

There seems to be aload of bullshit going out on the after events to keep the promoter happy and people who hav'nt been are believing it. Well heres my bullshit,there was over a thousand people on the night,the door staff and the bar staff are the most friendly people to come across and the drinks were very very cheap,everyone had a christmas atmosphere there,the music was top notch,father Ted did it for me,played a great set,all the other djs had a great set aswell. Dave Abbot played aload of shit,I got loads of christmas cards,dvds,cds aswell as cups of tea,i was in great company with Mark and Kev,well you can believe it or not the only two things i'm lying about was, there was a good crowd which keep floor going allnight and Dave Abbot played the most connoisseur set i've heard in years,keep the good work up Andy,i know your under the weather a little bit Saturday night,cause you couldn't get to the gym because the roads were to bad,finish the year on a high, thanks again for the christmas cards, and Simon stop nipping my arse.

Ahh it was like driving home with tom jones on sunday, all i was waiting for was you to produce some female underwear thrown at you to go with your cards & other goodies , has the car warmed up yet laugh.gif

Absolutley delighted with the turn out from all over the place in attrocious weather,may thanks to you all.All the djs mixed it up very well,and the dance floor was very busy allnite.Apologies for leaveing earlier than usual but am not very well at the moment,and stayed as long as i could.We have booked the venue for 3 dates in 2010 and will post details as soon as poss thumbsup.gif.

Great news that isthumbup.gif As has been said before great venue and facilities. I had a brill time, chinwagging,chinstroking and dancinyes.gif

Guest soul elite

Toby

WHAT..... not dance .... i'd have to be tied down first ....wicked.gif

ps yeah, must get some quinine.

Katrina x

There are certain places that take on a resonance that you can't really explain unless you're cleverer than me,

which I realise includes much of the adult population and, indeed, one or

two of its more intelligent household pets.

One of these places is Keele,

We travelled through ice and snow to get to this near mythical place a bit like what my mother always told me

that the nurse brought me through the snow in a basket, which I believed for quite a while.

Until I was 32, in fact.

After a brief stop off at samantha's whereupon Paul had thought it highly amusing to slide down the stair banister

only to our amusement he fell off.

He looked like An old bloke who had fallen down on the road,

He was shouting "Help!" but I could also sense that he was embarrassed,

so he was combining the word "Help!" with the word "Heyop!" so he was shouting a strange combination word that sounded

like a greeting in an Eastern European language, that went a bit like "Heyelp!" or "Hyoolp!"

The journey should have taken about one hour. It took nearer three.

When we finally got to Keele the place was jumping.

It was a priviledge to be amongst friends and acquaintences which have been built up over the years.

It's what makes Northern Soul so special to me.

A big thankyou to the promoters for having the courage to stage this wonderfull event.

and a great big thankyou to my friends and travel companions the

South Yorkshire Soul Searchers thumbsup.gif

There are certain places that take on a resonance that you can't really explain unless you're cleverer than me,

which I realise includes much of the adult population and, indeed, one or

two of its more intelligent household pets.

One of these places is Keele,

We travelled through ice and snow to get to this near mythical place a bit like what my mother always told me

that the nurse brought me through the snow in a basket, which I believed for quite a while.

Until I was 32, in fact.

After a brief stop off at samantha's whereupon Paul had thought it highly amusing to slide down the stair banister

only to our amusement he fell off.

He looked like An old bloke who had fallen down on the road,

He was shouting "Help!" but I could also sense that he was embarrassed,

so he was combining the word "Help!" with the word "Heyop!" so he was shouting a strange combination word that sounded

like a greeting in an Eastern European language, that went a bit like "Heyelp!" or "Hyoolp!"

The journey should have taken about one hour. It took nearer three.

When we finally got to Keele the place was jumping.

It was a priviledge to be amongst friends and acquaintences which have been built up over the years.

It's what makes Northern Soul so special to me.

A big thankyou to the promoters for having the courage to stage this wonderfull event.

and a great big thankyou to my friends and travel companions the

South Yorkshire Soul Searchers :thumbsup:

And thats why we will keep it going for great people like you :thumbsup:.

As said be by many already keele was superb from start to finish.

Music was pukka. Enjoyed all the DJ's but Stu stood out for me, he done a blinding spot.

We started (thanks pete and Gail for picking me up) off with birthday drinks for Dave Rivers over at Mike and Jans house with Gobby and Mary Loo. Where I made the Birthday cake whistling.gif

Big thank you to everyone for the cards and xmas presents for Carla.

Dave I'm sorry for the peanut butter falling in your ear, Gail sorry for filling your hat and Martin sorry that your shoe went walk about, then thought it was sinking canoe laugh.giflaugh.gif

It's not my fault, I was just doing as Stef asked not_i.gif

Andy great night, looking forward to the next one already.

HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE

Dolly

...not really sure what to make of th\at (re me) at all....chamred? I'm not sure

Guest gfarrington

Kat,

Change hands.laugh.gif

You looked like you was having a good time.thumbsup.gif

Cramp ive had it bad,when Iam back home I will put warm socks on so my feet are dont get cold,that seems to help the torture(cramp).

Kevinnocent.gif

fpmsl lol