Hector Riveria Wtf

Corbett80

• Replies 22
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Joke aint it some of the prices on here over the last few days have been eye watering. must be hoping some ones had a generous prezzie or bonuslaugh.gif

Do you mean on here or the website in question Ted whistling.gif

If you mean the latter then i could'nt agree more .....probably explains why most of the rare stock never moves .

No disrespect to Steve and Lee(probably both nice blokes) but i really don't understand your selling strategy g.gif

Social source share

No disrespect to Steve and Lee(probably both nice blokes) but i really don't understand your selling strategy :lol:

I assume they want to make a profit on items they've bought recently rather than 25 or 30 years ago.

It must be a hard market to break into unless you are noted for having a supply of hard to get items. Unless you have them already you have to buy the 'stock' at the going rate and hope to sell at a profit I guess.

Don't envy anyone trying to make a living at it.

Social source share

I assume they want to make a profit on items they've bought recently rather than 25 or 30 years ago.

It must be a hard market to break into unless you are noted for having a supply of hard to get items. Unless you have them already you have to buy the 'stock' at the going rate and hope to sell at a profit I guess.

Don't envy anyone trying to make a living at it.

Totally agree, but if your in the business of literally buying to sell ,you have to be sure your buying cheap to sell at book prices ,not buy at book price and then try and sell at OTT price

I am not a dealer by any stretch ,but if i see what i think is a bargain ,i will take a chance and hopefully sell it on ,but in all honesty ,even that is tough going and getting to the point of not worth the risk.

I've actually lost on a few big things of late ..so ,like i said ,only buy if it is actually cheap .

Without going into detail of actual records ,i've put things on here for sale in the past and theyve sold to said website for what i've listed em and are now on for far higher prices.

And before it looks like sour grapes on my behalf (i was happy to get asking price) interestingly enough ,nobody else even put in an offer ,so surely that tells you ,i was'nt giving em away.

And they were indemand rare 45's so you do the mathsg.gif

Social source share

Totally agree, but if your in the business of literally buying to sell ,you have to be sure your buying cheap to sell at book prices ,not buy at book price and then try and sell at OTT price

I am not a dealer by any stretch ,but if i see what i think is a bargain ,i will take a chance and hopefully sell it on ,but in all honesty ,even that is tough going and getting to the point of not worth the risk.

I've actually lost on a few big things of late ..so ,like i said ,only buy if it is actually cheap .

Without going into detail of actual records ,i've put things on here for sale in the past and theyve sold to said website for what i've listed em and are now on for far higher prices.

And before it looks like sour grapes on my behalf (i was happy to get asking price) interestingly enough ,nobody else even put in an offer ,so surely that tells you ,i was'nt giving em away.

And they were indemand rare 45's so you do the mathsg.gif

You're right Nev on all points.

My view is that they are trying to get a reputation as a place you have to look if you're desperate for a big tune. You can't do that if you turn over your stock 'too quickly'.

Anyway I'm just guessing Steve or Lee can speak for themselves I'm sure; it's their business and they have to carry the can if they loose money or don't shift any tunes.

Most of us know the score in terms of what a tune is gettable for and what you should be paying if you want it NOW. So its the old adage 'it's only worth..............

Social source share

Guest Brett F

They're taking trades on that one Brett :thumbsup:

laugh.gif..Hi Ged mate hope your good.........pity its Christmas and im skint...........mind i dont like paying too much for records.........

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!