Feedback - Sellers ?

Mike

been a few shouts for some sort of feedback feature in sales type forums

one suggestion is

a possible way members can comment on sellers performance is via the comments on every members profile page

eg

the site encourages the use of profile feedback

if you have a glowing sales experience on here, you post up on the members profile

of course the comments can be controlled by the actual member, so any negative posts may be removed

but at very least if you dont know the member and view the profile it should give you a idea of things

any thoughts ?

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 37
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Great overall idea I think cause it'll push the sellers to give the best possible service...

Not sure about the removal of negative feedback though. I think removal of neg comments would cause heated discussions, and I don't know whether the mods are very keen on that.

Ditto..

As mainly a buyer and only an occasional seller a feedback system is beneficial on both counts.

Reagrds..

Social source share

Why? if seller and buyer cut a deal and all is well with condition, transaction etc. why do you need feedback? about time we got back to basics like the old paper record lists, get list, contact seller to see if still available do deal, send payment get record any problems the sort it out as a private transaction simples bugger all to do with anyone else.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Great overall idea I think cause it'll push the sellers to give the best possible service...

Not sure about the removal of negative feedback though. I think removal of neg comments would cause heated discussions, and I don't know whether the mods are very keen on that.

nah its not the site removing , its the members

all members can control comments on their profile

so if any neg feedback (or any sort of comment) , the member can if wishes remove any comments

dont really want to change that at moment as it may cause more probs than wish

maybe in future, but right now be better if do it step by step imo

Social source share

Why? if seller and buyer cut a deal and all is well with condition, transaction etc. why do you need feedback? about time we got back to basics like the old paper record lists, get list, contact seller to see if still available do deal, send payment get record any problems the sort it out as a private transaction simples bugger all to do with anyone else.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

If you want to get back to basics stop posting in the Sales thread and start sending out paper printed lists.

I welcome the idea of feedback both from a sellers and a buyers point of view.

Social source share

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

mark

been asked about before

am sure most already click profile before buying/selling

if "encourage" the use of comments as a way of feedback

at least may avoid some of probs that do get ?

feedback = word of mouth ?

Social source share

Anyone got any ideas about how to further encourage the feedback feature? You can hope the feature gets used more and more over time, but I got a feeling it needs something extra to make it customary for buyers to use this system. Don't have an idea (yet) on how to do this, but I think it needs something extra to make the feature a real success...

Social source share

Anyone?

I don't think any system needs to be over complicated - just needs to focus on two key elements service (i.e. communication, speed, quality packaging etc) and the item sold (item is what it's meant to be and graded fairly etc)

As Nev points out, for balance it could also include a similar scale for a member's behaviour as a buyer..

Regards. :thumbsup:

Social source share

basically

as with a lot of things on here, it is up to the members to use the features and such

what looking at is as said encouraging the use of proifles and profile comments as a way of

checking sellers/buyers and also for passing on experience

a few posts later should show the way be encouraging it

Social source share

Hi Mike and everyone - I believe it would be a great feature - not sure it would work as a profile feature cos it's too easy for people to then remove it - maybe needs an addendum on each person's 'page' whereby each member has a page where they can be rated after conducting a sale - same for buyer and seller...

Social source share

Fully agree with this, I'd keep it as simple as possible too. I was just wondering what would be needed to convince members to use the system.

it only takes regular buying to encourage use - some grading on here is very conservative and sellers are great - however there are some sellers who have cleary gone both deaf and blind when it comes to grading :P

bring it on, lets get a feedback system going :thumbup:

Social source share

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We really do need to sort out a place where people can comment on sales listings, especially when the people concerned are listing records at total rip off prices. It should be possible for someone to be able to say something seems to be a bit on the expensive side or in some cases, this is a blatant rip off...because there's a fair few of those around on Soul Source at the moment.

Social source share

We really do need to sort out a place where people can comment on sales listings, especially when the people concerned are listing records at total rip off prices. It should be possible for someone to be able to say something seems to be a bit on the expensive side or in some cases, this is a blatant rip off...because there's a fair few of those around on Soul Source at the moment.

i think this has been discusses before , infact many a time! a record is only worth what people value it themselves , for e.g if youve had a record & played the arse off it for years , you might have lost that passion for it , therefore sell it cheaper! but the same record might be on sale from a person who doesnt really want to get rid of it but needs the cash , so they would try and get as much for it as they could ( fair play if you ask me ) ... if you take some of these belgian dealers , they ask sky high prices for there records , and manship is beyond belief! so how do we fairly price a record ? do we go by manships useless guide ? or do we like i said put it up for what we think its worth ? either way i dont see why there is always someone slagging off peoples prices , you either buy it , or you dont! some people on here though feel they have an authority above everyone elses judgement of prices and feel they are always correct , or is it they dont like seeing money going to other peoples pockets ? i do think most on here are reasonabley priced ! with the bigger records your always going to have big price differences , there are so many dealers out there who price different & ebay is always up and down so popsike doesnt help! all you can do is get a rough idea and go for it !! its juts a case of you buy it or you find it somewhere else cheaper if you can!

Social source share

i think this has been discusses before , infact many a time! a record is only worth what people value it themselves , for e.g if youve had a record & played the arse off it for years , you might have lost that passion for it , therefore sell it cheaper! but the same record might be on sale from a person who doesnt really want to get rid of it but needs the cash , so they would try and get as much for it as they could ( fair play if you ask me ) ... if you take some of these belgian dealers , they ask sky high prices for there records , and manship is beyond belief! so how do we fairly price a record ? do we go by manships useless guide ? or do we like i said put it up for what we think its worth ? either way i dont see why there is always someone slagging off peoples prices , you either buy it , or you dont! some people on here though feel they have an authority above everyone elses judgement of prices and feel they are always correct , or is it they dont like seeing money going to other peoples pockets ? i do think most on here are reasonabley priced ! with the bigger records your always going to have big price differences , there are so many dealers out there who price different & ebay is always up and down so popsike doesnt help! all you can do is get a rough idea and go for it !! its juts a case of you buy it or you find it somewhere else cheaper if you can!

Now why am I not surprised to see you making these comments? So you're scared of your prices being discussed are you - what does that say in its self?

If I was selling a record too expensively I wouldn't mind someone pointing it out.

If you want to know, comments on records are mainly to stop people who may not know as much as others being ripped off. Simple as that.

Social source share

I don't think prices are anything to do with no one but the seller and the buyer, whether we agree with them or not. All that matters regarding a seller is how he conducts his business. The same for the buyer. Any feedback that outs the bad sellers (and buyers) can only improve things.

There is already a place to discuss prices "look at your box".

Social source share

Now why am I not surprised to see you making these comments? So you're scared of your prices being discussed are you - what does that say in its self?

If I was selling a record too expensively I wouldn't mind someone pointing it out.

If you want to know, comments on records are mainly to stop people who may not know as much as others being ripped off. Simple as that.

certainly not mate , i sell all of them and have happy customers! i just see you moaning about it on every forum , weather its about my prices or someone elses! i just didnt know you were the guy who prices records! also what i didnt say is , times move on! some records that were sold years ago for say 40 pounds , could pick up again in popularity and now start being sold for 75 pounds! so how can we possibly say that we can price a record ? because this is exactly what happens......

Social source share

Should'nt the topic of "FEEDBACK" be assigned to the following:-

Grading of records against condition when recieved .....

Communication ,or lack of,during transaction....

Speed or length of time between paying and recieving

After sales......what sort of service provided if you were'nt saisfied with product

Prices are between seller and buyer ..nobody forces anyone to buy if price is too highno.gif

Social source share

I don't think prices are anything to do with no one but the seller and the buyer, whether we agree with them or not. All that matters regarding a seller is how he conducts his business. The same for the buyer. Any feedback that outs the bad sellers (and buyers) can only improve things.

There is already a place to discuss prices "look at your box".

Sorry, totally disagree, when they are listed they do not have a buyer so why can't they be discussed.

I'm really sick of people coming on here from nowhere, asking ridiculous prices for records then becoming incredulous when someone questions it.

Social source share

Sorry, totally disagree, when they are listed they do not have a buyer so why can't they be discussed.

I'm really sick of people coming on here from nowhere, asking ridiculous prices for records then becoming incredulous when someone questions it.

I agree with what you are saying in principal but if someone is daft enough to pay that price without doing 5 minutes homework then some are beyond help. Don't suppose there is nothing to stop you discussing it in Look At Your Box forum.

Social source share

If you saw me trying to sell an original Out On The Fllor to some div for £100, I would have hoped you'd have stood up and said something! Theres still a lot of gullible people around, you only have to study ebay to see that.

Maybe, but dunno if your sales topic would be the place to stand up and criticise your prices though. And feedback is no good if the member can delete negative comments. Its a tough one!

Social source share

After sales......what sort of service provided if you were'nt saisfied with product

Prices are between seller and buyer ..nobody forces anyone to buy if price is too highno.gif

Or how many times the seller post's up the same sales three or four times a week?

:thumbsup:

Social source share

:thumbsup: just about covers it imo

p.s. man in previous post, Lenny, BIGSOULMAN - spot on seller who is a pleasure to do business with

Social source share

Maybe, but dunno if your sales topic would be the place to stand up and criticise your prices though. And feedback is no good if the member can delete negative comments. Its a tough one!

Yes but that's the point - it's the only place to say anything where you can stop the person/victim buying it!

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...