Downhill Racer 60s/70s Film

In a club scene in the film there is a great funky dance track playing and the only line I can remember is 'Open the door and let me in'. It's not JB or any one I could easily recognise. I'd be really grateful if anyone could tell me what it was

Slim

Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Thanks but nope it's not that. I've never heard it any where else. By the way the film starred Robert Redford & was about the U.S. Ski team at the Winter Olympics. It's on the TV occasionally so someone look out fot it please. It's a really attention grabbing track.

Slim

Social source share

Guest Kolla

The film was released in 1969 but there was no accompanying soundtrack released. Kenyon Hopkins (The Hustler, 12 Angry Men) composed most of the film score - but sounds like the track you've described wasn't one of his.

Guess we'll have to wait for it to air on TV again. Sorry :)

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

With that lyric it could be Ebony Essence - Let me back in, but i doubt it. Then again Jean Battle did an earlier version of the same song but again..........i'd be surprised

John

Social source share

Guest LeoLyxxx

Might be Newcomers on Volt but then again i think they sing "open up your HEART and let me in.. " , worth a try anyway ;-)

best

Leo

Social source share

It could be Tyrone Davis - Let Me In from the 1968 album Turn Back The Hands Of Time or it could be Little Milton's early 70s version of the same song ???

Social source share

if desperate to watch again

it shows avail on amazon usa as vhs

of course its in ntsc etc etc

talking about movie soundtracks,

always thought that there must be a fair few gems that were never released on vinyl but exists in films

jimmy radcliffes one on bilou blues? being one that springs to mind

any others ?

Social source share

Thanks for all the help I'm Getting! The singer didn't sound like anyone popular that I knew i.e Tyrone/Little M. The film was about half way thru on BBC" on a Sat afternoon when I turned on the TV by chance. I waited until the end to watch the credits but typical BBC they never showed them! Regarding soul in other films, Ollie & the Nightingales were peforming in one film I saw on TV + The 3 degrees were in another top film in the 70s. Sorry can't remember the film titles I didn't realise then that I would be corresponding in a Soul Forum 20 years on! Sorry for all the exclamation marks!

Slim

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!