The Metrodome , Barnsley

Guest Malc Burton

As it states on the container made of a recyclable alloy , The Metrodome staged another satisfactory evening of recorded music in both rooms , giving the punters what they had travelled and wanted , especially in what is now affectionately called " The Dark Side " - The Chill Out Room / Zone / Studio - by its' attendees , and it was a pleasure for me to hear early on in there , the selection and playing of more adventurous and Jazz orientated tracks , was in the words of Louis Balfour , " Nice " .....

Malc Burton

post-5097-12619897945032_thumb.jpg

post-5097-12619897945032_thumb.jpg

Edited by Malc Burton
  • Replies 53
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

well worth the journey up from Notts to my home of Yorkshire..... great venue and very well attended, ...... super spots from the main room Dj,s...... can,t comment on the "dark side" cos i do not have a clue what goes on in there LOL....rolleyes.gif...... but it looked well attended which is really nice to see.............good effort Yocky n' crew ! ....keep it up !

pete n' susan KTF

Edited by casper
Guest dazzzzler

well worth the journey up from Notts to my home of Yorkshire..... great venue and very well attended, ...... super spots from the main room Dj,s...... can,t comment on the "dark side" cos i do not a clue what goes on in there LOL....rolleyes.gif...... but it looked well attended which is really nice to see.............good effort Yocky n' crew ! ....keep it up !

pete n' susan KTF

great venue loved the curtains they put up,made it a much warmer feeling,yocky came to rescue wi stompersthumbup.gif gud spot .enjoyed it legs tired tday hard floor 4 old legs ha .catch u laterwave.gif .

Well, Well, Well....thumbup.gif

The "Metrodome Crew" came up trumps once again....thumbsup.gif

We had such a "Fantastic Night" 5 of us travelling from York and well worth the journey....hatsoff2.gif

All the DJ's did themselves proud playing "Top Choons" all night long in the Main Room....whistling.gif The FULL Dance Floor answered that.... WELL DONE.

Already looking forward to the 27th February, when they take over the entire building using 4 rooms and of course all monies going to "Yorkshire Air Ambulance" and "The Holiday Hospital Home" (helping sick children)....biggrin.gif

THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN FOR A "BRILLIANT" NIGHT....thumbup.gif and to top it all off, Linda won 3rd Prize in the "FREE RAFFLE".

KTF.................... Bridgey & Linda.

As it states on the container made of a recyclable alloy , The Metrodome staged another satisfactory evening of recorded music in both rooms , giving the punters what they had travelled and wanted , especially in what is now affectionately called " The Dark Side " - The Chill Out Room / Zone / Studio - by its' attendees , and it was a pleasure for me to hear early on in there , the selection and playing of more adventurous and Jazz orientated tracks , was in the words of Louis Balfour , " Nice " .....

Malc Burton

Hi Malc

Always nice to see you at the Metrodome. Glad you enjoyed it. Sorry for the late reply but we have been to help get the equipment out today and we are just chilling. Really nice when it all comes together as we do try our best, but without everyones fantastic support none of it would be possible and we thank each and everyone of you from the bottom of our hearts for putting this fantastic night on along with us , in our soulful community.

We would like to wish everyone A Very Soulful New Year.

All the Best

Yocky and Jx

well worth the journey up from Notts to my home of Yorkshire..... great venue and very well attended, ...... super spots from the main room Dj,s...... can,t comment on the "dark side" cos i do not have a clue what goes on in there LOL....rolleyes.gif...... but it looked well attended which is really nice to see.............good effort Yocky n' crew ! ....keep it up !

pete n' susan KTF

Hi Pate and Sue

Really nice to hear you enjoyed your first time at the Metrodome. It always nice to see you two and I am sure we will be raising our glass's at Forrest Town on New Years Eve together.

Yocky and Jx

great venue loved the curtains they put up,made it a much warmer feeling,yocky came to rescue wi stompersthumbup.gif gud spot .enjoyed it legs tired tday hard floor 4 old legs ha .catch u laterwave.gif .

Hi Daz

Really pleased you enjoyed you night with the curtains. Must admit they do make a difference. Really nice to see you Mags and all the gang. Hope to see you all in the New Year.

Yocky and Jx

Guest yorks old boys

just like to thank the metro crew for one off the best nights out in agesthumbup.gif if you have not bin you must give it a try awesome spots from some great djs getting in at 2,45 at my age is not good but it was well worth it and a big thanks to the loverly door ladies good job girls defo be back for some more you did not have to wait at bar brill see you all soon and have a brilliant new year from ken and caroline yorkwhistling.gif

Well, Well, Well....thumbup.gif

The "Metrodome Crew" came up trumps once again....thumbsup.gif

We had such a "Fantastic Night" 5 of us travelling from York and well worth the journey....hatsoff2.gif

All the DJ's did themselves proud playing "Top Choons" all night long in the Main Room....whistling.gif The FULL Dance Floor answered that.... WELL DONE.

Already looking forward to the 27th February, when they take over the entire building using 4 rooms and of course all monies going to "Yorkshire Air Ambulance" and "The Holiday Hospital Home" (helping sick children)....biggrin.gif

THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN FOR A "BRILLIANT" NIGHT....thumbup.gif and to top it all off, Linda won 3rd Prize in the "FREE RAFFLE".

KTF.................... Bridgey & Linda.

Hi Linda and Ian Lovely to see you and Kenny and Caroline was a nice suprise. Thank you for your kind words and support.

We would just like to thank Team Tarn for all their help in setting up and taking down, very grateful, true friends each and everyone of you. All the Dj's Steve Brown, Pete Taylor, Terry Finn, Hannah, Woody , Mark, Geordie and Tats Taylor for a great night of entertainment , top draw. Hope to see you all on the 27th February 2010.

Yocky and Jx

great night really enjoyed it, some great records played all night but i though yocky and alex's spot at the end was fantastic made my night with all them stompers thumbsup.gif fantastic night looking forward to feb

KTF liam thumbup.gif

Hi Pate and Sue

Really nice to hear you enjoyed your first time at the Metrodome. It always nice to see you two and I am sure we will be raising our glass's at Forrest Town on New Years Eve together.

Yocky and Jx

for sure Yocky ! will be good to see you all .... gonna be a stommpin nite :thumbsup:

pete n' susan xx

great night really enjoyed it, some great records played all night but i though yocky and alex's spot at the end was fantastic made my night with all them stompers thumbsup.gif fantastic night looking forward to feb

KTF liam thumbup.gif

good fun dancin last nite Liam... more tonight at phoenix !! thumbsup.gif

pete n' susan KTF

good fun dancin last nite Liam... more tonight at phoenix !! thumbsup.gif

pete n' susan KTF

ye i enjoyed it, it was really good when we were all stomping together that was spot on but like you say lots more of that to come tonight at phoenix :thumbup:

KTF liam thumbsup.gif

thumbup.gifonce again a brilliant night at the metro dome and angie n me were happy to help but kept lookin in on both rooms and both seemed to be spot on especially the chillout room it was full all night thumbup.gif

dont normally do the chillout room not my scene but hatsoff2.gif to mark n geordie they seem to play wot the punters want

anyroads up it was well worth the effort and looking forwards to the next metrodome .

it was nice to meet some of you folk on here in the flesh thumbup.gif

cheers b

Guest bigbouncyal

hi yocky many thanks for a brilliant night thankyou for letting me play the majestics lavern baker and cody black it was a pleasure to let you play mell britt at the end thank you see you in feb alan

Guest aaz19tdi

hi yocky many thanks for a brilliant night thankyou for letting me play the majestics lavern baker and cody black it was a pleasure to let you play mell britt at the end thank you see you in feb alan

Yep that 400 mile round trip we just did was well worth it Althumbup.gif awsome night yocky, we will be back with a full crew on the 27th. now for somesleep3.gif

WHAT A NITE, GREAT MIX OF CHOONS IN THE MAIN ROOM BUT FOR ME THE CHILLOUT ROOM WAS FANTASTIC MARK N GEORDIE PLAYED A BLINDER AND THEN TATS CAME ON WOWthumbup.gif THAT MANS GOT SOME CHOOOONS .WELL DONE TO ALL THE TEAM TARN.......MATTY thumbsup.gif

thumbup.gifonce again a brilliant night at the metro dome and angie n me were happy to help but kept lookin in on both rooms and both seemed to be spot on especially the chillout room it was full all night thumbup.gif

dont normally do the chillout room not my scene but hatsoff2.gif to mark n geordie they seem to play wot the punters want

anyroads up it was well worth the effort and looking forwards to the next metrodome .

it was nice to meet some of you folk on here in the flesh thumbup.gif

cheers b

Barney without great friends like you bernie and all team tarn that turn up time after time after time to help us set up in the morning help out on the door and then turn up next day to pack it all away the metrodome would not happen and all the metrodome crew appreiciate what you do to make these events what they are many many thanks we have all the ideas and you guys make it work true friends thumbsup.gif Yocky and Joy CHEERSbeer.gif

WHAT A NITE, GREAT MIX OF CHOONS IN THE MAIN ROOM BUT FOR ME THE CHILLOUT ROOM WAS FANTASTIC MARK N GEORDIE PLAYED A BLINDER AND THEN TATS CAME ON WOWthumbup.gif THAT MANS GOT SOME CHOOOONS .WELL DONE TO ALL THE TEAM TARN.......MATTY thumbsup.gif

Thanks for that Matty glad you enjoyed it mate and nice to meet the lovelly Julie looking forward to having you on in 2010 see you soon bud all the best Yocky and Joy

Alan it was a honour to have you with me mate and great to see you up in Barnsley and many many thanks for bringing mel up to play at the metrodome as i told you i met him in detroit in march and it brought back fantastic memories cheers.we will be putting the charity event on S\S in the new year as we did'nt want to confuse it with our Christmas event.many many thanks and we will see you soon. yocky and Joy

Guest hurryup

Hi Daz

Really pleased you enjoyed you night with the curtains. Must admit they do make a difference. Really nice to see you Mags and all the gang. Hope to see you all in the New Year.

Yocky and Jx

Thanks for that, had been looking forward to the Metrodome for ages, when's the next one.

Mags x

Thanks for that, had been looking forward to the Metrodome for ages, when's the next one.

Mags x

Mags the next one is a charity event on 27th feb we are going to launch it in the new year when we finalise all the details and the dj's have confirmed but all being well it will be a big 4 room event we have all the metrodome for the night so as they say watch this space see you and Daz soon Yocky

Realy glad that everyone had a good time at the pleasure dome , great to look at the pics wish i was there to see my mate big al ,thanks for making the long trip mate hope to see you up at the dome again in the near future . looking forward to the next one now . happy ,peacefull and soulfull new year to everyone from from nel and jean xx

well what a great night we arrived late due to me djin at another venue but from the moment we arrived it was all the smiles. from the moment we walked in the welcome from joy and angie at the door and walkin though those doors on to the dance floor brilliant to see so many friendly faces( sorry casper and sue you will know what i mean lol) joy and yocky you did it again and the rest of the team that work so hard to get this venue runnig we take our hats of to you all hatsoff2.gifhatsoff2.gifand im looking forward to next yrs already and to another chance to walk on to that stage and play for the crowd again . just one person missing for us and that was was my brother from another mother el nell globe trotting again hey mate .But as we have said magic pure magic what more could we ask for . thumbup.gif

( sorry casper and sue you will know what i mean lol)

you will have to borrow your sue's glasses lol...rolleyes.gif...I know what it's like..... so many people there all chatting at the same time and such a busy place..thumbsup.gif .... see you At Kingsway or if not at yours at the Kirkby all dayer on new years day... yes.gif

another relentless weekend coming up in Notts lol

pete n' susan

Hi Joy & Yocky,

It was a great nightthumbup.gif thanks for inviting me and Pete up to spin a few tunes for you in the main room. Looking forward to the next one already.

Happy New Year to you all

Steve B

Hi Yocky & Joy, Al & John,

fantastic night again :thumbup: , thank's letting me come along & play a few tune's good.gif . All DJ's were superb, some great record's played all night :thumbsup::thumbup: . Awesome atmosphere :lol: , great friendly crowd :D , no waiting at the bar either beer.gif , just another great night of "Northern Soul" whistling.gif:thumbsup: .

Can't wait for the next one, hope you all have a brill New Year, best wishes, Woody :hatsoff2::wave: .

WELL YOCKY I JUST HAVE SAY THAT THE STANDARDS YOU HAVE SET AT THE METRODOME ARE AS STRONG AS EVER. FROM THE WELCOME FACES AT THE DOOR TO THE EXCELLENT BAR STAFF TO THE ALLROUND QUALITY OF THE VENUE/DJs/ MUSIC IT JUST HAS TO BE PROBABLY THE BEST ALL ROUND SOUL NITE IN YORKSHIRE.thumbup.gif

AS YOU PROBABLY NOTICED ME,MATTY AND THE GIRLS SPENT NEARLY ALL NIGHT IN THE "ZONE" LISTENING TO THE BRILLIANT FRIENDSHIP BOYS,MARK and GEORDIE PLAYING AN AMAZING ARRAY OF 70s AND CROSSOVER SOUNDS AND THESE GUYS SET THE TONE FOR THE MAIN MAN "TATS" TAYLOR WHO PLAYED SOME AMAZING CHOONS.

THIS ROOM AND AND ITS RESIDENT DJs AND GUESTS ARE REALLY THE UNDERSTATED GEM OF WHAT IS THE METRODOME SOUL NITE. AT MY LAST VISIT TO THE DOME MARK AND GEORDIE BLEW ME AWAY WITH THEIR SELECTION OF TUNES AND VIRTUALLY DID THE SAME THIS TIME AROUND.

BOTH ME AND MATTY HAVE NOW PENNED ALL THE DATES FOR 2010 ON THE NEW CALENDERS SO UNFORTUNATELY YOU WILL HAVE TO PUT UP WITH US A LOT MORE NEXT YEAR!!!!

A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL THE CREW WHO HELP AND SUPPORT THE PROMOTERS AT THE DOME AND ALL THE BEST FOR THE NEW YEAR.

ROYsmile.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Hi roy and Wendy glad you enjoyed studio 2 at the metrodome it really as taken off and the best thing is the 2 lads that run it for us mark and ian because they have the same energy as us and put 100% in to every night and as you know like most yorkshire towns a lot of venues are prodominantly oldies but we do have a rich seam of alternative sounds and this is what we aimed for in the chill out and by the look of the crowd it as been a success at the charity night we move in to a slightly bigger room just for that night but still as nice as studio 2 so watch this space see you all soon yocky joy and the metrodome crew.

ame='SOULCENTRAL' date='29 December 2009 - 10:32 PM' timestamp='1262125975' post='1224970']

Hi roy and Wendy glad you enjoyed studio 2 at the metrodome it really as taken off and the best thing is the 2 lads that run it for us mark and ian because they have the same energy as us and put 100% in to every night and as you know like most yorkshire towns a lot of venues are prodominantly oldies but we do have a rich seam of alternative sounds and this is what we aimed for in the chill out and by the look of the crowd it as been a success at the charity night we move in to a slightly bigger room just for that night but still as nice as studio 2 so watch this space see you all soon yocky joy and the metrodome crew.

So The Chill Out Room is " Studio 2 "

If you get to having a Studio 54 , let me be at the helm of it , and we take it to the next phase , with the sounds from halcyon days of rare groove and New York D***o ......

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton

So The Chill Out Room is " Studio 2 "

If you get to having a Studio 54 , let me be at the helm of it , and we take it to the next phase , with the sounds from halcyon days of rare groove and New York D***o ......

Malc Burton

NOW NOW MALC!. Coming out with little dittys like this one could put your position as head of the CREDIBLITY POLICE under some very severe scrutiny from the politically correct fraternity!!!!!whistling.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Recreate the 70s ? Good god no way :lol:

My proposal was meant as a joke , and done very much TIC , and I was waiting for someone to bite ......

Bless you for taking the bait :no:

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton

whistling.gifshades.gif

IF they went for the idea of recreating Studio 54 at T'Metrodome , I doubt " activities " shown in the photographs below , would be tolerated in Barnserlee as it was in New York ........

On the other hand , I do not know :lol:

Malc Burton

post-5097-12622009486167_thumb.jpg

post-5097-12622013183905_thumb.jpg

Edited by Malc Burton

It was a real hoss , ridden into and around Studio 54 by Bianca Jagger , and though bearing a striking resemblence to Mr Ed , was not him .

Mr Ed was an American Palomino Saddlebred who was " played " by gelding Bamboo Harvester , and despite his celebrity status , failed to get into Studio 54 on several occasions .......

Strange but true ......

Studio 54 had a " northern " connection - the building that housed it - 254 West 54th Street , between Broadway and Eighth Avenue - was the former home of Scepter Records .

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton

Spent most of the night in the chill out room and have to say at times it was rockin. The 2 residents Mark & Geordie know how to fill the dancefloor and own some crackin toones. And yes Geordie we now know you have one of only two copies of Black Box but thanks for reminding us lol. Must say the atmosphere and sound system seemed much better in the main ballroom, had to have something to do with the temporary hanging roof. It made it more homely. Only one complaint and yes you've guessed it "the rock hard floor", can you have a word with the management Yockie and ask them if they can consider buying a maple sprung basketball court, tell them its taken off big style in the states and you never know they might fall for it. To team tarn for all your hard work well done. KTF Paul & Ann

Have to agree, it was a good night in therethumbup.gif

Also to an extent, I have to agree with Tats when he commented that these guys don't need a guest DJ - they've got enough records on their own!

Maybe it was due to the fact they'd played most of his box before he went on?wink.gifbiggrin.gif

Seriously though, a really good night and well recommended if you've not beengood.gifgood.gif

IF they went for the idea of recreating Studio 54 at T'Metrodome , I doubt " activities " shown in the photographs below , would be tolerated in Barnserlee as it was in New York ........

On the other hand , I do not know :laugh:

Malc Burton

:thumbup:I say is the other pic of young yockster... I'm sure I recognise that booty Lol:rolleyes: What a lovely atmosphere there was at the dome... lovely people enjoying themselves...Sorry we didnt stop long dreaded lurgy struck... Iwas so upset after waiting for the night to end up ill and miss it was so frustrating ... will have to make sure to get to the next early doors to make up for missing so much of a brill night Happy New Year to everyone x

Absolutely gutted to have missed this!!!

Was all set to go with the old man and Matty, then realised i'd double booked myself with one of my best mates 30th birthday celebrations wanker.gif i am.

By the sounds of what was played in the chillout room, i've missed a corker of a night. Any playlists?? After a few beers Matty's memory's got more holes in it than a slice of your finest emmental cheese!!

Really need to get over to the Metrodome, it's on the calander now for sure.

All the best, and hope the promoters keep up the great work they've put into this place.

Azza

What a great night for us in the CHILLOUT ZONE, healthy crowd all night and a pleasure to play for all the dancers

Looks like this room is now well and truly on the Metrodome map

Thanx so much to all who joined us and also to those who just ventured in to say hello.

A special mention for our guest DJ on the night 'Tats' Taylor, stunning set as ever,hopefully he'll be back for the

February charity bashyes.gif

thanx to Roy & Matty for the kind words, you'll have to bring the youngster nextimebiggrin.gif

Steal the old mans CD's Azza, that will give you some idea of the sort of stuff played.

As ever thanx to the organisers for having the faith in us to allow us to 'do what we do'

Roll on next time

M.thumbsup.gif

'

Source Advert