Where To Go In 2010

Reg

After counting on one hand how many times I've attended a soul type event in 2009 I have decided to try and make an effort to get out more in the New Year!

But I am very set in my ways and apart from the obvious events that I always attend I haven't been anywhere "new" for as long as I can remember!

Therefore, I am calling out to all you Soul Source dirty stop outs for recommendations for 2010!!

I am going to be open minded on this and not specify any particular music style or type of event (ie niter,weekender, soul night).

I'm not even going to insist that it is easy to get to from Manchester - if it's good enough I can book a room or suffer the train.

So please help if you can contribute to my official coming out of hibernation year :rolleyes:

Social source share

• Replies 32
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

You're always very welcome to tootle down on the train to us and we'll find you a bed (if needed)...thumbsup.gif

Hello!

We organize a Northern Soul Allnighter (music policy same as 100 club) in Valencia. friday soul night welcome party and saturday northern soul allnighter and soul food warm up during the day in a old town

Please, look info in english of allnighter/hotel/etc on:

https://bigthingsoul.blogspot.com/search/label/Big%20Thing%205%20Info%20%28English%29

https://bigthingsoul.blogspot.com/search/label/Big%20Thing%205%20Soul%20Food

Cheers!

Social source share

You're always very welcome to tootle down on the train to us and we'll find you a bed (if needed)...thumbsup.gif

They mean it too .... check out the freestyle room for something different ! Last time I went Dave Abbott and Andy Dyson (amongst others, Steve C in main room) were fabulous and in the little room, Karl Heards spot blew me apart.

Around Cambridge the Hidden rooms plays unmissable funk edged soul and other crowd rousing stuff and as Paul calls 'em.... dirty grooves!

Social source share

By aprill we will have our main niter back in manchester reg,same format music policy as middleton details soon.

Thank heavens for that!! Any clues where???

Wigan...what kind of place is that for an allniter.....whistling

Keep me postedthumbsup.gif

Social source share

Get over the pennines to That Driving Beat, Leeds Sharon.

Next night is Jan 29th, and last Friday of every month. Got Flanny booked on as our Jan guest.

I'm sure me or Mr Buckley could put you up for the night, or jump on the late train back to Manc at 3 o'clock (do finishes at about 2.30). Check out some of the lookbacks

Social source share

Get over the pennines to That Driving Beat, Leeds Sharon.

Next night is Jan 29th, and last Friday of every month. Got Flanny booked on as our Jan guest.

I'm sure me or Mr Buckley could put you up for the night, or jump on the late train back to Manc at 3 o'clock (do finishes at about 2.30). Check out some of the lookbacks

I have almost made it over a couple of times so far....2009 was a very "almost" year!

Eddie Wainwright...now that name sounds familiar, although there's probably a few Eddie Wainwrights in Yorkshire:rolleyes: How old is he ? Fortyish?

Social source share

I have almost made it over a couple of times so far....2009 was a very "almost" year!

Eddie Wainwright...now that name sounds familiar, although there's probably a few Eddie Wainwrights in Yorkshire:rolleyes: How old is he ? Fortyish?

Indeed he is, plays a lot of the mod do's and this year did Brid weekender / Riley Smith Hall. Also resident for VFM at the big scooter rallies. You cant miss Eddie, Shaved head, big burners, always smartly dressed.

Social source share

Indeed he is, plays a lot of the mod do's and this year did Brid weekender / Riley Smith Hall. Also resident for VFM at the big scooter rallies. You cant miss Eddie, Shaved head, big burners, always smartly dressed.

Sounds like the same chap!

Social source share

Thank heavens for that!! Any clues where???

Wigan...what kind of place is that for an allniter.....whistling.gif

Keep me postedthumbsup.gif

Will give details soon as its all 100 per cent sorted,you only have to read thru some of the bull on other threads to see how paranoid some are[regardeing venues] :D.Couldnt get this venue till 2010 so wigan was a good stop gap,nice to be back home in manchester though.

Edited by Soultown andy
Social source share

Happy new year "Reg" !

I know you were partial to the odd weekender now and then

How about giving Bridlington a try-last weekend in June. 5 rooms £20 a tcket for the whole weekend find your own digs.

about an hour and a half from you straight down the M62 and up though Beverley or Driffield

or on the train to Doncaster (Transpenine Express) and change for Bridlington there !

Gav is one of our residents and has a dedicated Mod room , plus rare & underplayed,Modern, main floor classics and soul club rooms-sure you'd find something you like-about 1,500 tickets already sold event is being "Capped" at 2,300 this year !

Rob & Karen

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert