The Chambers Brothers - I Can't Stand It

Mal C

The Chambers Brothers - I Can't Stand It / ??

Great Recording and all that, but before I shell out on an LP, does anybody know whether it was LP Only, or did it get a 45 Release?

And if so is this one of those occasions where the LP version is different??

Thanks in advance,

Mal.C.thumbsup.gif

post-2025-1262135373154_thumb.jpg

Social source share

• Replies 20
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Great Recording and all that, but before I shell out on an LP, does anybody know whether it was LP Only, or did it get a 45 Release?

Thanks in advance,

Mal.C.:yes:

Hi Mal

There is at least a demo version of the track on 45. The 45 is I know of is on Columbia "I Can't Stand It / Please Don't Leave Me"

The release # is 4-44080. I've never heard the album version so can't help with that bit.

ATB

Greg :D

Edited by ClearVinyl
Social source share

Thanks in advance,

Mal.C.thumbsup.gif

Hi mal.

Lp version is the one to have, being playing this for about 15months thanks to Andy dennison putting me on to it... My self dont buy many lps,

So single it had to be .... Was told by andy that the Coumbia 45 was a different cut(think its live)..... So a search was on... Managed to find a 45 on i think dutch Ebay.... 4.99 + Postage, emailed the guy asked for sound clip.... Correct version .. bingo...arrived. Picture sleeve Orange and black flecked Vinyl Demo.. ON..... CBS.... Belgian production..... not seen another and have been lookink.... andy has a EP of Argentinian origin i think... Happy hunting great track loads of interest when played out

Social source share

Think you may be right Bri

There's a European on Gemm on CBS 3359 - maybe that's it?

Bit pricey though!

https://www.gemm.com/item/CHAMBERS--BROTHERS---d---LES/TIME--HAS--COME--TODAY/GML943985468/

A FEW DIRECTION COPIES CHEAPER, ALSO A COUPLE O COPIES OF I CAN'T STAND IT REALLY CHEAP :lol:

BRI PINCH

SUNDAY SOUL@THE WASHINGTON, 3RD JAN 2010,FITZWILLIAM ST, SHEFFIELD.

Social source share

A FEW DIRECTION COPIES CHEAPER, ALSO A COUPLE O COPIES OF I CAN'T STAND IT REALLY CHEAP thumbsup.gif

BRI PINCH

SUNDAY SOUL@THE WASHINGTON, 3RD JAN 2010,FITZWILLIAM ST, SHEFFIELD.

I thought Munchkin said in post no 3 that the Columbia copy was a different cut?

DCP_9101.JPG

Surely that means Direction copies (if any) would be the same?

But don't know for sure do I?sad.gif

Social source share

The US Columbia release is attached, and as was mentioned above, it has a 'live' feel with that harmonica and in your face drums but is a studio cut.

I'm not sure if the Action cut mentioned, the French Columbia release or the album version are different, but for me this version has the impact and immediacy required.

Nice.

Regards,

Greg. :thumbsup:

CHAMBERS BROTHERS - I CAN'T STAND IT - COLUMBIA -

--------------------------------------------------------

Social source share

Had chance to listen to these various versions now, I prefer the Live version, it has a count in intro, so 1,2, 3, 4, then Harmonica, sounds like loads of people in a small studio in fact you can hear their voices throughout...

who knows which format that version came out on, cause I'm confused.. it is not the one Greg has posted above..

Mal

Edited by Mal.C.
Social source share

Kev is correct...both the USA 7inch issue and demo are the crap version...Its lp cut that you want.....Or as Kev said its on the Dutch 7inch release, but also look out for it on a USA 7 inch mini lp/ep..which plays at 33rpm. Thats the one that I picked up about 15 months ago....... Id had the lp for a while before and had tried to get it on 7 inch with the lp cut without any luck, until pickin up the...USA 7inch mini lp.

Its a perfect replica of the "Time has come" lp...has 4 tracks including the lp cut of "I cant stand it".....I managed to pick up 2 copies for 10 dollars each.

I dont have the use of a scanner to put a picture if it up, but its on Columbia Stereo Sevens label, perfect replica cover of the lp. With small juke box labels and cover pictures that would have been put onto the juke box......lovely item.

Andy

Edited by Dennisoul
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!