Fingers Fund - Good News

Pete S

IGNORE THIS POST AND GO DOWN ABOUT 8 POSTS

Can you believe the f*cking banks, I've got the money in my account now, well most of it anyway, so I tried to transfer £2346 that I've got so far into John's bank account and it came up saying that more checks would have to be made because it is a large amount of money and it cannot be processed until 5th Jan 2010.

So if anyone is passing John's house and wants to hand over a large brown envelope full of cash, do let me know!

Edited by Pete S
Social source share

• Replies 52
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Can you believe the f*cking banks, I've got the money in my account now, well most of it anyway, so I tried to transfer £2346 that I've got so far into John's bank account and it came up saying that more checks would have to be made because it is a large amount of money and it cannot be processed until 5th Jan 2010.

So if anyone is passing John's house and wants to hand over a large brown envelope full of cash, do let me know!

Can you not just pay the cash directly into a branch of his bank?

Social source share

Thats a good idea...

If you do that check with them that there won't be any significant delay.

Sometimes if the branch is busy they don't key the paying in slips in until after the busy period so it may not show on Johnny's account for an hour or two, I can't see that there should be a problem with the amount -it may be different if it was £10K! But check nevertheless just in case before you pay it in! The other alternative is a bankers draft?

Social source share

Pete I am just running away so dont have much time, but you may still get lots of questions at Bank due to amount of cash and money laundering rules, they are very tight these days. It may be worth taking a copy of your original request and copy some notes re donations you have had.

Not totally clued up on this so anyone who works in Bank that are on holiday today would know better.

Give me a ring if you want but as I say not really my area of expertise, may be worth a call to the bank before you go down and explain circumstances and ask what they need.

Well done for this by the way.

CHeers

Jock

Social source share

Pete I am just running away so dont have much time, but you may still get lots of questions at Bank due to amount of cash and money laundering rules, they are very tight these days. It may be worth taking a copy of your original request and copy some notes re donations you have had.

Not totally clued up on this so anyone who works in Bank that are on holiday today would know better.

Give me a ring if you want but as I say not really my area of expertise, may be worth a call to the bank before you go down and explain circumstances and ask what they need.

Well done for this by the way.

CHeers

Jock

I think the amount that they would certainly ask questions is 10K. They may ask for lower amounts depending on the bank. So long as you have an explantion though there shouldn't be a problem.

Social source share

No problems at all and they say it'll go straight in...I promised I would be upfront with this and show everyone the reciepts etc. There is still a bit more to come but also I have fronted money and put it in the collection for people who promised it and haven't sent it to the tune of about £180 so I would like to think that those people would pay me back cos I can't really afford to front that amount and not get it back. I also want to be upfront with the fact that I have to recoup a small amount for the money it cost to take the card payments and I'm not sure what the paypal situation is (half came in as gifts, half as regular payments) anyway it's not going to be much. Anyway here's what we all wanted to see:

post-1893-12622572883475_thumb.jpg

Social source share

No problems at all and they say it'll go straight in...I promised I would be upfront with this and show everyone the reciepts etc. There is still a bit more to come but also I have fronted money and put it in the collection for people who promised it and haven't sent it to the tune of about £180 so I would like to think that those people would pay me back cos I can't really afford to front that amount and not get it back. I also want to be upfront with the fact that I have to recoup a small amount for the money it cost to take the card payments and I'm not sure what the paypal situation is (half came in as gifts, half as regular payments) anyway it's not going to be much. Anyway here's what we all wanted to see:

Well done Pete! May you and the family be blessed with good karma throughout the future.

And best of luck Johnny. I hope everything works out in the new year and things straighten up for you.

Happy New Year to all on S.S.

Ian D biggrin.gif

Social source share

OO, NICE PEN THAT PETE, IF YOU GOT ANY SPARES, I'LL HAVE EM. SERIOUSLY THO' PROVES AGAIN THAT YOU'RE ONE OF THE BEST :lol:good.gif ALL THE BEST TO YOU AND YOURS FOR THE NEW YEAR.

ATB, BRI PINCH.

Social source share

Well done Pete! May you and the family be blessed with good karma throughout the future.

And best of luck Johnny. I hope everything works out in the new year and things straighten up for you.

Ian D biggrin.gif

ECHO THE ABOVE.

SANDI AND HARPO X

Social source share

Ian D biggrin.gif

Great news.. well done Pete...... you are one who was "born with wings".innocent.gif

Hugs N stuff

Philly

Social source share

Well done Pete, you should of been on the New Years Honours list, for services to the soul family.thumbup.gif

I am really pleased you set this up and we were all able to help in what ever way we could. I know how worried Johnny was about this and at least heand his family can now sleep nights in there own home.

Have a great new year Mr Smith and I wish you and yours a fab 2010biggrin.gif

QoFxx

Social source share

Pete, do make sure that you dont end up out of pocket, Im sure everyone would throw a bit more in to cover you if there is a shortfall on promised donations and charges,

You worked long and hard for this, should hate to see you loosing.

Congratulations on a brilliant effort

M.good.gif

Social source share

Fantastic job Mr Smith thumbup.gif and a very HAPPY NEW YEAR to you and your lovely family xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Johnny can you lend me a tenner whistling.giflaugh.gif Happy new year sweetheart to you , your wife & daughter loadsa & loads of love and happiness for 2010 xxxxxxx

Social source share

Quality effort from everyone for such a top Fella in Johnny thumbsup.gif

Top man Pete YOU ARE A STAR king.gif and this is the best thing ive ever known from a bunch of nutters that makes the Soul Scene so very SPECIAL thumbup.gif

Happy New Year to everyone and best of luck to you all and especially Johnny and his family hatsoff2.gif

Bearsy & Marie

Social source share

Hi Pete that is fantastic news what a great effort by one and all to reach such a total in a short time to help one of the good guys in a time of need . This has ben a real feel good thing that has happened which has touched alot of people over the festive period and I would like to take this oppertunity to thank the 3 amigo's for making it happen and wish you all a cracking New Year and a a lucky 2010 all the best

Social source share

I know this is repeating the obvious but . . . . . . . . . . Fantastic Pete. You've put a lot of time and effort into making this work and getting the result. You should be very proud of what you've done on here. Best wishes to you and your family, and here's hoping Johnny has a better 2010. Dean

Social source share

Pete youve worked hard on this,put your feet up now and chill out now.Not only has this helped Mr Fingers and family its held you in high esteem and its given a lot of pleasure to those who helped and its put a warmth into peoples hearts who have read it.Well done. regards Gilly and Nicola

Social source share

OK listen to this, lwet me just tell you about my luck shall I?

I've just been to Sainsburys to do the shopping for the next few days, filled the trolley up with not only food and drink but a DS game for Sam, anyway it came to something like £88, except my card got refused and I had to put the f*cking lot back. When I got back home just now I've been on to Barclays and they said they thought there may have been a security problem because of the fact £2600 was withdrawn from it this morning.

That's the last time I help anyone on here! :thumbup::thumbup:

Social source share

With the money received from Pete today, I've just made a debit card payment over the 'phone to our mortgage provider. With the payments made over the past two weeks using the proceeds of my sales..

Our arrears have been completely eradicated - AND they informed us we no longer have to appear at the hearing on Monday !!

This has been a xmas beyond our dreams, and the prospects for 2010 most DEFO look better than '09.

Thank you all so much.. I don't know what else to say other than I'd welcome the opportunity to thank, in person, as many of the contributors to saving our house as I can !!

HAPPY NEW YEAR !!

Fingers.. good.gif

Social source share

With the money received from Pete today, I've just made a debit card payment over the 'phone to our mortgage provider. With the payments made over the past two weeks using the proceeds of my sales..

Our arrears have been completely eradicated - AND they informed us we no longer have to appear at the hearing on Monday !!

This has been a xmas beyond our dreams, and the prospects for 2010 most DEFO look better than '09.

Thank you all so much.. I don't know what else to say other than I'd welcome the opportunity to thank, in person, as many of the contributors to saving our house as I can !!

HAPPY NEW YEAR !!

Fingers.. good.gif

We've all changed our minds, we want the money back! :thumbup:

Social source share

Guest proudlove

HAPPY NEW YEAR !!

Fingers.. :good:

Fantastic mate-I'm going to raise a glass to you and Pete.

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Guest Mrs Simsy

HAPPY NEW YEAR !!

Fingers.. good.gif

Fantastic news!:thumbup:

Come to Va Va Voom & i'll buy you a bottle of water to celebrate!:thumbup:

Best of luck for 2010.xx

P.S Simsy would like say Fantastic too! :thumbup:

Social source share

Well I've scoured the New Years Honours list and can't find any mention of a P Smith receiving an honour for services to fellow SS members. Must be an error cos if any one deserves one tis you Pete. grey%5E_%5Earial%5E_%5E0%5E_%5E0%5E_%5EKnighthood%20for%20P%20Smith%5E_%5E.gif

WELL DONE it's a real pleasure to know you.

All the very best to you and yours for 2010

PS Happy New Year to all on SS

Social source share

HAPPY NEW YEAR !!

Fingers.. :good:

I am soooo sooo pleased for you, I know how much it was troubling you and yours. Relax now and have a great new year. Hope to see you soon:thumbup:

Cx

Social source share

To continue this amazing theme; I mentioned above I'd been let down a bit by people I'd been promised money from so I put it in out of my own pocket but as yet haven't received anything (this does not include people who've already been in touch with me) anyway Mac from derby insisted I accept £100 in lieu of these people not paying me, how kind is that??? refusing it didn't help either. So thanks mate and safe journey back home eventually.

Social source share

HAPPY NEW YEAR !!

Fingers.. good.gif

You'll get chance, we're all moving in on Monday :thumbup::thumbup::ohmy:

great news John

Well done Pete, Soul Source Man Of The Year for doing this ! :thumbup:

Social source share

To continue this amazing theme; I mentioned above I'd been let down a bit by people I'd been promised money from so I put it in out of my own pocket but as yet haven't received anything (this does not include people who've already been in touch with me) anyway Mac from derby insisted I accept £100 in lieu of these people not paying me, how kind is that??? refusing it didn't help either. So thanks mate and safe journey back home eventually.

Although Mac from Derby is a Forrest fan thats a great gesture on his part.The thing that pisses me off is iff you have pledged money and its been pledged from the heart you should continue on in paying it.Sadly it leads me to think you are just trying to boost your own popuality,it will catch up on you one day.regards Gilly and Nicola. ps i think im right about the Forrest bit if not im sorry smile.gif

Social source share

Although Mac from Derby is a Forrest fan thats a great gesture on his part.The thing that pisses me off is iff you have pledged money and its been pledged from the heart you should continue on in paying it.Sadly it leads me to think you are just trying to boost your own popuality,it will catch up on you one day.regards Gilly and Nicola. ps i think im right about the Forrest bit if not im sorry smile.gif

I don't understand this post at all.

Someone asks me to put money in on their behalf, so I do, yet they never send it, so I put in my own contribution, and someone else's, and you think I shouldn't try to get it back off the person who promised it in the first place? And by complaining about it you think I'm trying to boost my own popularity? Are you mad? If you lent me £100 and I then said I wasn't going to pay you back, would you be happy about that?

Or when you say YOU do you mean someone else or do you mean me?

Edited by Pete S
Social source share

I don't understand this post at all.

Someone asks me to put money in on their behalf, so I do, yet they never send it, so I put in my own contribution, and someone else's, and you think I shouldn't try to get it back off the person who promised it in the first place? And by complaining about it you think I'm trying to boost my own popularity? Are you mad? If you lent me £100 and I then said I wasn't going to pay you back, would you be happy about that?

Or when you say YOU do you mean someone else or do you mean me?

Calm down calm down, no i dont mean you everyone on here admires what you have done including me (see my previous posts) I mean those who have pledged money to help out Mr Fingers and family and have not kept their prommise

Social source share

Calm down calm down, no i dont mean you everyone on here admires what you have done including me (see my previous posts) I mean those who have pledged money to help out Mr Fingers and family and have not kept their prommise

It doesn't read like that Gilly, honestly, because you used the word 'you' which I automatically thought referred to me. Sorry for misunderstanding but it does look like that and I couldn't understand why. And I haven't even got a hangover.

Social source share

It doesn't read like that Gilly, honestly, because you used the word 'you' which I automatically thought referred to me. Sorry for misunderstanding but it does look like that and I couldn't understand why. And I haven't even got a hangover.

I dont have an hangover either,i'm sorry for my grammatical error that has lead to the confusion in this matter.I do apologise Gilly

Social source share

Would like to join in with t'others and say Well done Pete Smith! you've really put everything into this,heart and soul are the words to describe your efforts to help out Johnny Fingers.

Pete,give yourself a massive pat on the back(and a very large drink!)you are true gent mate thumbup.gif

ps...can the people that promised a donation put up or shut up,thanx.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert