Kings Hall Stoke

• Replies 17
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I don't know if it was me, but it did seem styles of music changed every time a new DJ took to the decks (which should be an obvious comment but some events sound like only one DJ is playing. There, thats my only daring comment for 2010!)

Did what the Kings Hall does classic oldies, youth club classics, fond memories, a dash of Motown, current spins and more.

Numbers were lower due to so much else on, even within walking distance but still good amount of people for a busy night, ( fine by me, easier to get a bit of dance floor when I decide to dance!)

All DJ played some great tunes. but for me, Soul Sam got me to the floor a good few times, Mick H played some tracks that really did it for me and Rob Smith as well as doing the business played my Little Stanley. job done!!

Oh, and mild bit of confusion when the doorman thought I was my friends son... Dad is his nickname ?!?!

:unsure:

GREAT WAY AS ALWAYS TO SEE THE NEW YEAR IN- REALLY ENJOYED THE TUNES PLAYED. THE VENUE IS 2ND TO NONE AND I ALWAYS FEEL PRIVILIDGED TO DANCE ON SUCH A WONDERFUL FLOOR- PEOPLE WHO HAVE NEVER VISITED THE KINGS HALL ARE REALLY MISSING OUT! KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK IN 2010!

ALL THE BEST FROM MATT (TROWBRIDGE, WILTS)

GREAT WAY AS ALWAYS TO SEE THE NEW YEAR IN- REALLY ENJOYED THE TUNES PLAYED. THE VENUE IS 2ND TO NONE AND I ALWAYS FEEL PRIVILIDGED TO DANCE ON SUCH A WONDERFUL FLOOR- PEOPLE WHO HAVE NEVER VISITED THE KINGS HALL ARE REALLY MISSING OUT! KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK IN 2010!

ALL THE BEST FROM MATT (TROWBRIDGE, WILTS)

glad you had a great time matt...all the best for 2010

Guest Carrie Mehome

Had a great time. Yes numbers were lower than when I last went in February but it still made for a good atmosphere. Enjoyed the music and superb company made this a night to remember. I can't think of a better way to see the New Year in!

Our night started with a warm up session at The Function Suites long Eaton. We had never been before but it seamed the perfect pit stop on the way from Barnsley to stoke. None of us were particularly interested in doing the "Happy New Year" thing at midnight so the pressure was off and the only priority we had was doing a nighter and a warm up.

The Function Suites long Eaton is a well tidy venue with three rooms, a main room for Motown and floor fillers, a small room for funky eighties grooves and a Northerns room that deserves a visit or three! Excellent bar prices, superb wooden dance floor, modern sound system and single ladies every where!

It was most excellent to see Kev Roberts spinning some eighties funk and I found my self going backwards and forwards from room to room to hear Chris King's Motown set mega!

It was with some reluctance that we tore ourselves from the warm up and headed towards Stoke arriving a little after midnight and just in time for the fireworks display watched from the car park. We collected our tickets, thank you sam and Kev for sorting us, and made our way to the scary starey corner as frequented by the freaky nighter people, we dumped our bags and did all of the hugs stuff then got down to some serious dancing.

I missed the modern room incredibly as it is a little hidden gem, can we have it back please Kev, have it until three then let it go to rare grooves coz it's absolutely quality!

Any way I snuggled my self into a night of oldies and anthems and thoroughly enjoyed every second dancing to the sounds that formed my life's backing tracks, Sean Chapman was smashing some well wicked sounds and his enthusiasm is just infectious, Soul Sam has never done a bad spot and to be perfectly honest the complete night was a selection box of styles and tempos that worked extremely well and all of the DJ's rose to the challenge.

The best thing though about Stoke is the people, can't remember shaking hands so much and saying hello to old friends and meeting new. The night went by with a blink of an eye and we drove home completely satisfied with the whole nighter.

To all the night time people we know, have a great and safe 2010 and hope to see every one out dancing and partying very soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTiDi1qcdqY

Guest jsmeds

Just like to say . What a superb night in a superb venue with superb tunes ! In my opinion well worth the drive up from pompey . See you all in march thumbup.gif

Our night started with a warm up session at The Function Suites long Eaton. We had never been before but it seamed the perfect pit stop on the way from Barnsley to stoke. None of us were particularly interested in doing the "Happy New Year" thing at midnight so the pressure was off and the only priority we had was doing a nighter and a warm up.

The Function Suites long Eaton is a well tidy venue with three rooms, a main room for Motown and floor fillers, a small room for funky eighties grooves and a Northerns room that deserves a visit or three! Excellent bar prices, superb wooden dance floor, modern sound system and single ladies every where!

It was most excellent to see Kev Roberts spinning some eighties funk and I found my self going backwards and forwards from room to room to hear Chris King's Motown set mega!

It was with some reluctance that we tore ourselves from the warm up and headed towards Stoke arriving a little after midnight and just in time for the fireworks display watched from the car park. We collected our tickets, thank you sam and Kev for sorting us, and made our way to the scary starey corner as frequented by the freaky nighter people, we dumped our bags and did all of the hugs stuff then got down to some serious dancing.

I missed the modern room incredibly as it is a little hidden gem, can we have it back please Kev, have it until three then let it go to rare grooves coz it's absolutely quality!

Any way I snuggled my self into a night of oldies and anthems and thoroughly enjoyed every second dancing to the sounds that formed my life's backing tracks, Sean Chapman was smashing some well wicked sounds and his enthusiasm is just infectious, Soul Sam has never done a bad spot and to be perfectly honest the complete night was a selection box of styles and tempos that worked extremely well and all of the DJ's rose to the challenge.

The best thing though about Stoke is the people, can't remember shaking hands so much and saying hello to old friends and meeting new. The night went by with a blink of an eye and we drove home completely satisfied with the whole nighter.

To all the night time people we know, have a great and safe 2010 and hope to see every one out dancing and partying very soon.

https://www.youtube.c...h?v=hTiDi1qcdqY

Numbers were down, but the atmosphere was full on!

It was great to see in 2010 with so many good friends - too many to mention but you know who you are.

One of the soulgirls slipped over and gave her head a nasty knock outside. Got carted off in an ambulance (eventually). Whoever she was, I hope she's not suffered any lasting effects.

See you all again at the next one.

- Kev & Pam.

My first new years eve bash outside of London for over 16 years,and i loved it

It said on the can what it was and itdid it........man of the match for me was Mick H yet again.

Full of mates old and new,and to spend new years eve among these people was rather pleasing,including me dad Dave Rivers

Only downside it was f***ing cold outside in the smokers area,i hope that young lady who slipped etc makes a speedy recovery

I may see ya next year who knows ???

Toby.