Ann Perry "that's The Way He Is" Theoda

Samson

Ann Perry "That's the way he is" Theoda

How many legit issues were there and what years? The Manship guide has some good photos but nothing about pressing dates or that sort of thing.

I know some soulie out there has got the info I need:rolleyes:.

Social source share

• Replies 18
  • Views 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Ann Perry "That's the way he is" Theoda

How many legit issues were there and what years? The Manship guide has some good photos but nothing about pressing dates or that sort of thing.

I know some soulie out there has got the info I need:rolleyes:.

There's the pale blue Detriot issue and a (same colour) circa stamped West Coast issue - boot wise a green one from the mid seventies and a yellow '2nd issue'

think thats it - the West Coast is rare, the Detriot one turned up in bulk in the late 80's (think most assumed it was a boot)

pressing dates no idea 67' maybe?

Social source share

There's the pale blue Detriot issue and a (same colour) circa stamped West Coast issue - boot wise a green one from the mid seventies and a yellow '2nd issue'

think thats it - the West Coast is rare, the Detriot one turned up in bulk in the late 80's (think most assumed it was a boot)

pressing dates no idea 67' maybe?

Would agree with above. The light blue Detroit issue has a Bell Sound machine stamp.

Social source share

Would agree with above. The light blue Detroit issue has a Bell Sound machine stamp.

Deffo can confirm the bell sound in the run out for the detriot issue....

also and it's very much a *maybe* the detriot one that I had was Nashville stamped...two runs at different plants?

Social source share

Thanks! :hatsoff2:

So the west coast copy is the only confirmable legit pressing, the Detroit pressing is a big maybe and all others are boots for sure?

If anyone has got the west coast or detroit issue i might be interested. Just drop me a line.

ATB

Dan

Social source share

Thanks! hatsoff2.gif

So the west coast copy is the only confirmable legit pressing, the Detroit pressing is a big maybe and all others are boots for sure?

If anyone has got the west coast or detroit issue i might be interested. Just drop me a line.

ATB

Dan

I'm not 100% but if I remember right it's the west coast copy that's got the rossette on the label.

Funny thing is that I sold it New Years Day 1980, 30 years ago.

Social source share

I'm not 100% but if I remember right it's the west coast copy that's got the rosette on the label.

Funny thing is that I sold it New Years Day 1980, 30 years ago.

hatsoff2.gif AINT THERE A DETRIOT DJ COPY? AND THE WEST COAST COPY IS MEGA RARE, I HAVE ONLY SEEN OR HEARD MICK S PLAY IT AS AN OLDIE? WEST COAST 45 COLLECTING IS A EXPENSIVE HOBBY METHINKS? WHAT SAYS YOU?ph34r.gif DAVE KIL

Social source share

hatsoff2.gif AINT THERE A DETRIOT DJ COPY? AND THE WEST COAST COPY IS MEGA RARE, I HAVE ONLY SEEN OR HEARD MICK S PLAY IT AS AN OLDIE? WEST COAST 45 COLLECTING IS A EXPENSIVE HOBBY METHINKS? WHAT SAYS YOU?ph34r.gif DAVE KIL

The 'Rosette' is the circa stamp - has a very nice sleeve as well - they were some kind of distrubution company kinda like J/G, but west coast based....

yeah it's mega rare - never seen the Detriot DJ copy....

all the best

John

Social source share

The 'Rosette' is the circa stamp - has a very nice sleeve as well - they were some kind of distrubution company kinda like J/G, but west coast based....

yeah it's mega rare - never seen the Detriot DJ copy....

all the best

John

I never had the co. sleeve, when I had it.

Had all my records back than in white cardboard sleeves.

I did keep all the sleeves, I don't know way, but I'm glad a did.

I was talking to John Duckworth from Heywood at a do late80s/early90s?

Told him I had loads, so he came around to my house at bought them.

Social source share

When this was big in the early days the only copies i ever saw were the west coast Circa Rosette issues.The detroit copies only seemed to turn up Stafford era ish when J E Morgan was played.For a long time it was thought they were re-issues.It would be nice to hear Gillys thoughts on this.

Social source share

When this was big in the early days the only copies i ever saw were the west coast Circa Rosette issues.The detroit copies only seemed to turn up Stafford era ish when J E Morgan was played.For a long time it was thought they were re-issues.It would be nice to hear Gillys thoughts on this.

I remember Willie from Tod had two copies of the Detriot press for sale at Bank Hall Miners, I did not think they were real at the time.

So it sort of ties in with the Stafford era.

Social source share

• 6 years later...

Well, it looks like there is also a boot with the Circa Rosette on it too.  

https://www.ebay.com/itm/201506646877?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_sacat%3D0%26_nkw%3D201506646877%26_rdc%3D1

https://www.popsike.com/ANN-PERRY-THATS-THE-WAY-HE-IS-VOC-INST-THEODA-RECORDS-70s-PRESSING/201506646877.html

The font on the lettering looks a bit bolder, and the "A" inside the rosette is a lower case "a" instead of a capitol one.  Otherwise, it looks quite close to the west coast styrene pressing.

If anyone has the Detroit copy with Bell sound stamp, I am stillllllll looking for that one. :wink:  Please PM me.  Thanks!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!