Bradford Rarer & Underplayed Soul Club

Chuff me Paul, with all this bad luck-you aint related to Salmon are yalaugh.gif

On a purely Selfish note-Friday is probably better for me.

ATB

Tony

Thanks Tony

It seems Fri isnt too bad for a few people good.gif

I'll post a few pics of the venue later with directions etc

cheers paul

• Replies 112
  • Views 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest rosemary

Thanks Tony

It seems Fri isnt too bad for a few people good.gif

I'll post a few pics of the venue later with directions etc

cheers paul

Friday is great Paulthumbup.gif..... the start of my weekend.

This venue is absolutely fantasticthumbup.gif...... our own entrance from the side carpark with a foyer where I can sit to take your moneyyes.gif, the room is just right for a soul night.....bar area at top end of the room out of the way of the dance floor and seating....I did notice lots of different lagers, beers and ciders on draught...so lots of choicebiggrin.gif. Raised stage area with plenty of room for DJs record boxes.... And a wooden dancefloor.

I'm sooooooo excited about this new venue.....its perfect.

Mick Howard and Trev Thomas now added to the DJ line up so there is gonna be a great mix of styles and tempos all evening....something for everyone thumbup.gif

well after a slight hiccup,we're well on track for a great night of soul music,looking forward to guesting at the launch of the new venue,check out derek pearson's excellent "shades of soul" radio show this saturday on BCB(bradford community radio) for more details

Edited by micksmix

Ok here are the directions from the M62 - M606:

At the end of the M606, take the Ring Road East, turn Left past McDonalds

You will then pass Yorkshire Building Society, continue straight forward over the roundabout past Asda & The Cross Keys Pub all on your left

At the next Roundabout take the first left A650 (City Centre)

Go past The Gallopers Pub on your left to roundabout and take the second exit, when you see The Churchill Pub on your right, turn immediate left onto Leicester Street.

Please Note There Are two Clubs On Leicester Street, go to the second club on your right.

The entrance to The Presidents Suite is the second door down the side of the venue.

The main car park is at the rear left hand side of club

The Presidents Suite

East Bowling Unity Club

Leicester Street

East Bowling

Bradford

BD4 7JS

It's easy to find!

cheers paul

Edited by soul45s
Guest rosemary

Mick Howard and Trev Thomas now added to the DJ line up so there is gonna be a great mix of styles and tempos all evening....something for everyone :yes:

Excellent newsthumbsup.gif

I've bought some Valentine's Day stickers for the ladies to wear and I'll get some chocolatesthumbup.gif.

Guest rosemary

:ohmy: Just stickers ?? Better make mine a big one :wicked: if that's all us ladies are wearing !! :laugh:

yes Ali.....just stickers, you get 3 though to cover your 'bits':laugh:.....I'd need at least 30 for each of my boobs:laugh: and that's just the nipplewhistling. I'm being naughty sorry:wicked:., I'm a little giddy:yes:

See you there Alithumbsup.gif

yes Ali.....just stickers, you get 3 though to cover your 'bits'laugh.gif.....I'd need at least 30 for each of my boobslaugh.gif and that's just the nipplewhistling.gif. I'm being naughty sorrywicked.gif., I'm a little giddyyes.gif

See you there Alithumbsup.gif

Calm down Rosemary & Alison! Next you'll be talking about wearing Tassles on your bits & doings... :rolleyes:

Here's a street map showing the venue, it's the large building with the white roof...

https://www.multimap.com/s/ECuV4zky

Guest Paul Brennan

I'll be there too thumbup.gif

Pauline - If you do manage to swing your shifts will you promise to wear your green outfit for me whistling.giflaugh.gif

Ali x

Pauline? Thought my name was Paula? as per the last Bradford rare soul event.

I always wear this one

post-4169-12653212378601_thumb.jpg

or were you meaning this one?

post-4169-12653213275718_thumb.jpg

or then again, recently, I am very keane on this one? Seven has always been my lucky number.

post-4169-12653214474156_thumb.jpg

Looking forward to seeing you again

Paul

Guest Paul Brennan

Hi Alison, that Paul Brennan is not raiding my wardrobe againwhistling.......

Looking forward to seeing you Ali, seems ages since we were together playing out.......:thumbup:

Untrue - I've already raided it again! But Monsoons latest collection, simply don't match my complextion.

Looking forward to seeing Kyle and yourself again soon.

Paul

Edited by Paul Brennan
Guest Paul Brennan

Mick Howard and Trev Thomas now added to the DJ line up so there is gonna be a great mix of styles and tempos all evening....something for everyone thumbup.gif

Two excellent Dj's bringing their own brand of soul, just adds further to the night, it's gonna be a good un folks, so get your good self along there.

Edited by Paul Brennan

You know when we were last at the MC Pat played "I know you got Soul" and it sounded so bloody great because it was an unexpected funk beat . I do like changes in tempo thumbup.gif

I know I was dying to dance to it , but it was only my second MC and I was still a bit shy .... Welll do you reckon I could be really be self indulgent and play one funk track ?

I have just got myself a copy of the Bamboos Step it up and sooooooooooo want to hear it loud , actually it's funny how you sometimes associate a sound or a smell to a memory , whenever I hear Bobby Byrd I think of the MC !

I think it wants playing again

You know when we were last at the MC Pat played "I know you got Soul" and it sounded so bloody great because it was an unexpected funk beat . I do like changes in tempo thumbup.gif

I know I was dying to dance to it , but it was only my second MC and I was still a bit shy .... Welll do you reckon I could be really be self indulgent and play one funk track ?

I have just got myself a copy of the Bamboos Step it up and sooooooooooo want to hear it loud , actually it's funny how you sometimes associate a sound or a smell to a memory , whenever I hear Bobby Byrd I think of the MC !

I think it wants playing again

Hi Carms

If you think the 'Bamboos' track will fit well into your spot on the night, then bang it on the decks and crank up the volume! :thumbsup:

As you know we are open minded at Bradford and I encourage the DJs to have a free reign with their choice of plays.

Thankfully most of the people enjoy something different so don't be afraid to try any bits out out that you have always wanted to play!

Only a week to go.....bring it on!!

cheers paul

Edited by soul45s
Guest rosemary

Untrue - I've already raided it again! But Monsoons latest collection, simply don't match my complextion.

Looking forward to seeing Kyle and yourself again soon.

Paul

Mr Brennan I am sooooo happy you're coming over for the rare night:thumbup:, I haven't seen you since I married and now a grandmathumbsup.gif

see you next Friday xx

Guest rosemary

here's a couple of pics of the venue:

Where's the photo of me sat in my foyer arealaugh.gif...... the photos give you some idea though of how good the room is, you wont be disappointedthumbsup.gif

Guest toffee lady

And a few more pics...the room is much bigger than it looks on the photo's

(Ignore the coloured mats, the room is used for a Judo Club one evening per week)

LOOKS GOOD PAUL, MIGHT POP OVER IF I CAN GET A LIFT

Edited by toffee lady

Guest rosemary

Hey, looking forward to this one, in fact just had a tune flown in specially (from Edinburgh!).

Paul, might bring some sales myself, is there still space?

Mark

Hi Mark, will be great to see the Pudsey/Leeds possethumbup.gif.....and looking forward to the record from Edinburghthumbsup.gif

Rosemary

Just wondering if this venue is within 20 minutes walk of Bradford interchange?

Really looking forward to attending this , but my mate and I will be doing it from leeds via the train. So any idea if it's a walk or a cab from the station?

thanks.

Hi

You could walk it from the Interchange, but its all uphill!!

Best to get a cab, shouldnt cost much as its not that far and theres plenty of cabs outside the Interchange

Just ask for 'East Bowling Unity Club'

See you friday

cheers paul

Hey, looking forward to this one, in fact just had a tune flown in specially (from Edinburgh!).

Paul, might bring some sales myself, is there still space?

Mark

No problem Mark, i'll add another table in the sales area

I always enjoy your selections so I cant wait for your spot on friday

see you all there :thumbsup:

Pauline? Thought my name was Paula? as per the last Bradford rare soul event.

I always wear this one

post-4169-12653212378601_thumb.jpg

or were you meaning this one?

post-4169-12653213275718_thumb.jpg

or then again, recently, I am very keane on this one? Seven has always been my lucky number.

post-4169-12653214474156_thumb.jpg

Looking forward to seeing you again

Paul

You know my memory is not what it used to be Paulette laugh.gif

In relation of what to wear on Friday it simply has to be the "Casualty" look so get there safely and dont go through any red lights as you wont have your big flashing blue one whistling.gif to back you up this time thumbsup.gif

I know I was dying to dance to it , but it was only my second MC and I was still a bit shy .... Welll do you reckon I could be really be self indulgent and play one funk track ? It would be very rude not to ! angry.gif

I have just got myself a copy of the Bamboos Step it up and sooooooooooo want to hear it loud , actually it's funny how you sometimes associate a sound or a smell to a memory , whenever I hear Bobby Byrd I think of the MC ! Me too thumbup.gif

I think it wants playing again Me too thumbup.gif only thing is, if you're playing it you wont be on the dancefloor with me sad.gif

here's a couple of pics of the venue:

thumbsup.gifVery nice Paul. Looks a bit posh for us lot but never mind Im sure we'll soon lower the tone beer.gif

Just wondering if this venue is within 20 minutes walk of Bradford interchange?

Really looking forward to attending this , but my mate and I will be doing it from leeds via the train. So any idea if it's a walk or a cab from the station?

thanks.

Eric I can give you & your mate a lift there & back if you're still wanting to go. I'll pm you my mobile.

Right, Im running out of colours now so I'll say ta-ra for now & see you all on Friday thumbsup.gif

I think it wants playing again Me too :thumbup: only thing is, if you're playing it you wont be on the dancefloor with me :sad:

----

Where there is will there is always a way Ali :yes: , just hope it arrives in time , we are pushin it now . My god it's thursday ! only one more sleep .

I am not going to open the box again tonight , things have gone in and out like nobodies business.

Great weekend ahead ! what with Bradford now friday , means we can support Southport on saturday.

Edited by Carms

Here is a reminder for the directions from the M62 - M606:

You will then pass Yorkshire Building Society, continue straight forward over the roundabout past Asda & The Cross Keys Pub all on your left

Go past The Gallopers Pub on your left to roundabout and take the second exit, when you see The Churchill Pub on your right, turn immediate left onto Leicester Street.

Please Note There Are two Clubs On Leicester Street, go to the second club on your right.

The entrance to The Presidents Suite is the second door down the right hand side of the venue, you do not need to go into the main club.

The main car park is at the rear left hand side of club and there are also additional car parking spaces around the venue

The Presidents Suite

East Bowling Unity Club

Leicester Street

East Bowling

Bradford

BD4 7JS

It's easy to find!

Here is a reminder for the directions from the M62 - M606:

The entrance to The Presidents Suite is the second door down the right hand side of the venue, you do not need to go into the main club.

The main car park is at the rear left hand side of club and there are also additional car parking spaces around the venue

The Presidents Suite

East Bowling Unity Club

Leicester Street

East Bowling

Bradford

BD4 7JS

It's easy to find!

yep directions spot on,plenty of car parking space,have you sorted the running order? see you tomorrow night

yep directions spot on,plenty of car parking space,have you sorted the running order? see you tomorrow night

Rosemary & I will be running around the venue tomorrow afternoon like demented people throwing tables and chairs into position and making sure everything is set for the evenings fun and madness :lol:

Will post dj times up later when I can find my scraps of paper :thumbsup:

Source Advert