O. J. Smith On Soul West. Unknown Modern Rarity

I've been an interested watcher of a recent eBay auction of this 45:

OJ Smith - You Need Me / Hold On To You - Soul West

Main reason for my interest was that I have a copy for sale and the one on eBay was the first time I've seen another copy and I've struggled to find any info on it. The ebay auction finished at a price of $357 or approx £220 and you can see it here:

https://cgi.ebay.co.u...em=360220994196

The copy I'm offering for sale is VG+ vinyl is nice and glossy, light surface scuffs and a couple of scratches which cause an occasional click mainly on the 'Hold On' side with just one lightclick on the superior 'You Need Me' side. Anyway I've jusr recorded both sides and will put them in refosoul so you can hear exactly how it plays.

Price: £165 inc postage. Paypal only please, at no extra charge.

Soundfiles coming......

Edited by Guest
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 4
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I've been an interested watcher of a recent eBay auction of this 45:

OJ Smith - You Need Me / Hold On To You - Soul West

Main reason for my interest was that I have a copy for sale and the one on eBay was the first time I've seen another copy and I've struggled to find any info on it. The ebay auction finished at a price of $357 or approx £220 and you can see it here:

https://cgi.ebay.co.u...em=360220994196

The copy I'm offering for sale is VG+ vinyl is nice and glossy, light surface scuffs and a couple of scratches which cause an occasional click mainly on the 'Hold On' side with just one lightclick on the superior 'You Need Me' side. Anyway I've jusr recorded both sides and will put them in refosoul so you can hear exactly how it plays.

Price: £165 inc postage. Paypal only please, at no extra charge.

Soundfiles coming......

now thats what you call a rare record and a good double sider thumbsup.gif good luck in sale

Social source share

had acoupla copies of this in my sales box carried around various soul nites for bout last 3 years maybe longer and had no interested takers at all....kept a copy back for myself and think my mate Andy Mac had one off me....personally I think it a nice record one for the backroom Essence collectors maybe but can't see it having mass appeal, it has been on ebay quite a few times in the past.

Social source share

Cheers Flanny and Sean thumbsup.gif and umm diamondjim....ta for your comment as well :thumbsup:.

So this is either a really rare 45 with two decent sides or it's on ebay regularly and to be found in sales boxes everywhere and has no mass appeal to collectors......minefield this selling business :lol:.

Feel free to make an offer inc trades.....or I'll bang it on eBay with all the other copies later in the week!

Adam.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert