Wilton Ballroom

• Replies 25
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Can't make this one, 1st we've missed in a long long while but it's our yearly escape to a nice relaxing Hotel in the Lakes with friends (Yes I have the odd 1) but if the weather carries on we may be in for a longer stay than intended, infact we may not be seen again!!! Right who said "Hopefully", you at the back was it you? How very dare you.

Come on Wilton start the year off with a bang,Headsy & Kirsty keep the troops entertained & on their toes till we return.good.gif

Take care,be safe(specially in this weather) & remember,"The weather outside is frightful but the fire is so delightful & since we've no place to go, let it snow,let it snow,let it snow",

Spot.shades.gif

Hi Everybody

Yes, The Wilton Allnighter is on this Friday 8th January - Weather Permitting. We have 6 inches of snow here at the moment and more on the way all this week.

Mouse has just told me that he is keeping an eye on the weather as the week progresses and will make a final decision whether to go ahead with the event or not on Thursday at the latest.

We will let all the DJ's know by phone or email and will post the outcome on Soul Source on this thread - Watch This Space.

Let's keep our fingers crossed and have a great night at the first Wilton Allnighter of 2010 giving Jerry a fitting memorial which he so rightly deserves

So, looking on the positive side here's the details

gallery_451_10_202863.jpg

We hope to see you all on Friday and please drive carefully.

Boxy & Mouse

Hi Everybody

Yes, The Wilton Allnighter is on this Friday 8th January - Weather Permitting. We have 6 inches of snow here at the moment and more on the way all this week.

Mouse has just told me that he is keeping an eye on the weather as the week progresses and will make a final decision whether to go ahead with the event or not on Thursday at the latest.

We will let all the DJ's know by phone or email and will post the outcome on Soul Source on this thread - Watch This Space.

Let's keep our fingers crossed and have a great night at the first Wilton Allnighter of 2010 giving Jerry a fitting memorial which he so rightly deserves

So, looking on the positive side here's the details

gallery_451_10_202863.jpg

We hope to see you all on Friday and please drive carefully.

Boxy & Mouse

Hi Boxy & Mouse,

Will be there Friday, weather permitting, to spin a few tunes on this special night in memory of Jerry.

regards

Don

Edited by DonKit

Having ONLY EVER MISSED 4 nighters at the WILTON,

throughout it's entire existance,am afraid we are going to

make a serious decision whether to risk the journey 

if the weather becomes much worse;which am afraid has been

forecast right through to next week up our end of country.

Truly DONT want to miss the night,specially on our dear friend,

Jerry's behalf,but it will definitly be a last minit decision for us,

and just really hope the roads up here are going to be O.K.

for travelling on.Will do our best to get there,but

Our sincerest apologies John (Mouse)if we can't make it.

Luv Soo n Chris Holmes

Not looking good on the snow front here - no signs of shifting so far, and I have the added bonus of Michael having to get home from Heathrow in time on Friday to look after the kids.

I'll still go through my wardrobes tomorrow though and choose an outfit - just in case!

The main routes around here at the moment are fine and clear, (M18, M62, M1). With the Wilton in the middle of a Distribution Park and industrial estate I would have thought the roads leading to the venue are ok too. My unit is in for some work on the same road as the Wilton (Volvo Centre as you turn onto the road) so I know that road is ok. The only problems I can see is the car park etc at the venue (snow covered) and of course further snow fall which is forecast and then of course it freezing overnight.

The main routes around here at the moment are fine and clear, (M18, M62, M1). With the Wilton in the middle of a Distribution Park and industrial estate I would have thought the roads leading to the venue are ok too. My unit is in for some work on the same road as the Wilton (Volvo Centre as you turn onto the road) so I know that road is ok. The only problems I can see is the car park etc at the venue (snow covered) and of course further snow fall which is forecast and then of course it freezing overnight.

like you said chalky.most main roads are /or will be clear ill be doing my dambdest to get there,allready missed a couple of dos,,,might pack some sarnies and a flask[vodka:wicked: ]hope.people make it for jerrys sake,,,,give him a good send off,,,,,keith,,,ps didnt know you were a lorry driver....:unsure::unsure:

Guest mark hanson

Well Loughborough only got a inch or so of snow so I imagine most of the east midlands will be clear especially the motorways. I'll be going up early and think if the car park is snowed in we take a spade to clear it.

If the night is off then I'll put it on the wilton & too darn northern soulful facebook pages

https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=279776215251&ref=mf

https://www.new.facebook.com/group.php?gid=76843874287&ref=mf

Its not so much about getting into Wilton carpark,as

am sure thats mebbe OK,its getting out of our own

area SAFELY and back to it ,again.Its been pretty scary on the roads

up here and if theres More snow.....too risky.

If no more snow,then we can possibly take that chance,

and make our way to Wilton.I truly hope so.

Soo Holmes

Its not so much about getting into Wilton carpark,as

am sure thats mebbe OK,its getting out of our own

area SAFELY and back to it ,again.Its been pretty scary on the roads

up here and if theres More snow.....too risky.

If no more snow,then we can possibly take that chance,

and make our way to Wilton.I truly hope so.

Soo Holmes

same here Soo

not many of us live on main roads that lead straight onto motorways...

am hoping for a freak heatwave tonight and tomorrow so the roads are clear and I can wear sandles as opposed to ugly snow boots laugh.gif

just spoke to Mouse ,

regrettably the Wilton is cancelled for the first time,

the safety of people is the most important factor and after a long night ,people should not have to battle through the cold and snow to get home safely,as the driving and concentration will be very testing !!

WILTON ALLNIGHTER THIS FRIDAY IS CANCELLED

We regret, due to extreme weather conditions, that we have to cancel the Wilton Allnighter this Friday, 8th January. Many people have contacted us to say it is impossible for them to get there because of the conditions. So, we feel it would be better if we cancelled. Weather forecasts for Friday night and the weekend in this area are for more heavy snow and we don't want to put anyone at risk trying to get to the venue.

We understand that many people will be disappointed, especially when the night was to be dedicated to Jerry Brown; with that in mind we intend to pay our respects to Jerry at our next date, Friday, 5th March, which is our 17th Anniversary and the 100th Wilton Allnighter.

Some of the DJ's scheduled for this Friday will join us in March for 10 hours of double decking madness, this should make a very special night not to be missed.

We again apologise for any inconvenience caused, but feel we have made the right decision.

This is the first time in almost 17 years that we have had to cancel an event and hopefully the last.

Mouse & Boxy

med_gallery_451_10_200439.jpg

Edited by Boxy
Guest Craig A Butler

Dave,

I was talking to Mouse last nite, so knew this would the decision, which I definately agree with as safety is the number one priority.

A great shame & not bad going if this is the first time it has had to be cancelled.

I've heard Burnley too is also off on Saturday.

Will be looking forward even more now to the anniversary.

ATB, Craig

Good call due to the weather.

I agree Simon.

The right decision putting peoples safety first in these terrible weather conditions.

The selfish side of me wicked.gif also thinks its the right decision as I just couldn't have made it tomorrow sad.gif due to a prior engagement.

March is gonna be amazing thumbup.gif 17th Anniversary, the 100th Wilton & last but not least Jerry's Memorial. A fitting tribute to a great man thumbup.gif