Boogaloo

Just wanted to say a big thankyou to Warren and all the DJs at Boogaloo last night. We had a brilliant time - great music, fantastic people and atmosphere. The new venue is ideal and fits a lot more people in, which going from last night and looking at the photos from December, is much needed. It is a classic soul do venue. The dancefloor was a good balance between being smooth but not too slippery either. I met Debs who I used to hang out with 26 years ago which was brilliant, and the bar prices left me in a time warp too - Couldn't believe my ears at the bar when a small bottle of wine and a coke came to £2.75! Thanks for playing Tommy Ridgely, Warren. Only disappointment is that it is not on in February.

Looking forward to the March date.

All The Best,

Dawn Brown

• Replies 3
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Just wanted to say a big thankyou to Warren and all the DJs at Boogaloo last night. We had a brilliant time - great music, fantastic people and atmosphere. The new venue is ideal and fits a lot more people in, which going from last night and looking at the photos from December, is much needed. It is a classic soul do venue. The dancefloor was a good balance between being smooth but not too slippery either. I met Debs who I used to hang out with 26 years ago which was brilliant, and the bar prices left me in a time warp too - Couldn't believe my ears at the bar when a small bottle of wine and a coke came to £2.75! Thanks for playing Tommy Ridgely, Warren. Only disappointment is that it is not on in February.

All The Best,

Dawn Brown

that wasnt wine dawn..it was mouth wash

All The Best,

Dawn Brown

Thanks for the comments Dawn and lovely to see you out and about. Let's hope to see more of both of you and Nick over the next year. Yeah, great night wunnit. Big thanks to Chris, Terry, Liam, Steve and Ian for playing the obvious floor fillers, the chin scratching unknowns and the unusual ear openers that both entertained and enthralled the crowd. Great to see so many that I haven't seen for ages especially Mick and Lucy (now out of self-imposed soul exile).

Upwards and onwards tho. Haven't sorted out all the dates for 2010 but I'll let everyone know as soon as.

Busy, busy at the mo so don't know if I'll have time for a playlist - Geronimo by Bobby Valentin is probably going to become my tune of 2010.

Guest the major

Fantastic nite once again Warren. Really great tunes from all concerned and the crowd were a super mix of folk.

Big Chris & I had a top time, although I may have miscalculated on the food:cider ratio, leading to some less than graceful shapes on the floor....

Looking forward to seeing some of the discerning SE London & Medway soul crowd at Towerfull O' Soul on 22nd.