Glenn Jones - Keep On Doin - Rca How Much?

Benji

• Replies 16
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Ivor Jones

Glenn Jones - Keep on doin' - RCA

Great record, but I always had this down as a 10-15 quid record. Noticed it recently on lists for anything between 25 and 100. Is there any recent demand for it?

I reckon they are just trying it on Benji, id say your valuation is spot on...... However, although this is on a 45, ive always thought its the 12" or lp you want because its the full length version, [ the 45 is an edited version,its not really something you want cut short is it..........] Brilliant track. Ivor

Social source share

I reckon they are just trying it on Benji, id say your valuation is spot on...... However, although this is on a 45, ive always thought its the 12" or lp you want because its the full length version, [ the 45 is an edited version,its not really something you want cut short is it..........] Brilliant track. Ivor

Are you sure Ivor? I've got both 45 and 12" and have always thought it was the same length, mind you it's a long time since I played 'em so I could be wrong.

Jordi

Social source share

it came out twice as well. i have a 1st issue promo thats edited to about 3.30. the second issue issue where its a b side is about 4.40. the lp/12in version is over 6 minutes long. i was having a conversation about this only yesterday with a mate who`s on here and he said he`d sold a 7in for £100 and i was gobsmacked. i think its £25 tops for either 7in and cheaper for the 12in

dave

Social source share

Guest Ivor Jones

Are you sure Ivor? I've got both 45 and 12" and have always thought it was the same length, mind you it's a long time since I played 'em so I could be wrong.

Jordi

Yeah,i think so Jordi,though without physically finding them both and checking,i cant give you the exact time differences. The 12" was way longer than the 7" i have.......when i come across it i`ll let you know mate. Happy New Year to you all by the way.............

Social source share

it came out twice as well. i have a 1st issue promo thats edited to about 3.30. the second issue issue where its a b side is about 4.40. the lp/12in version is over 6 minutes long. i was having a conversation about this only yesterday with a mate who`s on here and he said he`d sold a 7in for £100 and i was gobsmacked. i think its £25 tops for either 7in and cheaper for the 12in

dave

Hi Dave if you have the first issue 45 which is 3:30 long then thats the one which is harder to get & worth a little more.

Cheers Daryl

Edited by Daryl
Social source share

Guest Ivor Jones

dave

Hello Dave. Just found the 7" promo [PB-13519]. Its timed at 3:52. I also have the 12" promo at 5:48.

I knew there was quite a difference. Tell you what though, its priceless in musical termsthumbup.gif

Social source share

dave

Were both versions of the 7" cut released on the same cat. number? My issue is on RCA 13519, is this first or second issue. The record itself is locked away in a storage room so can't check myself which cut it is...

Social source share

Were both versions of the 7" cut released on the same cat. number? My issue is on RCA 13519, is this first or second issue. The record itself is locked away in a storage room so can't check myself which cut it is...

it came out in 1983 as the follow up to i am somebody with every body loves a winner on the flip this times at 3.50 odd. it then came out in 1987 as the flip of together by his missus genobia jeter. this times at 4.50.odd copies of this come in a nice picture sleeve. im in the same boat as i cant check catalogue numbers as my vinyl is stored elsewhere

dave

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!