Washington Sunday Soul Session 3

Another massive thank you to those who came to the Wash' on Sunday and made it another thoroughly memorable day. thumbup.gif This was the biggest turn-out yet, and we again overran by an hour good.gif . All the DJs played wonderful stuff - my appreciation goes out to Joe, Bri, Darren, Dave and, last but not least, my compadre Gary wave.gifwave.gifwave.gifwave.gifwave.gif . What a team!

The award for the most memorable moment goes to Yocky for his impromptu striptease (with a bit of luck there'll be some pics attached to this post, but be warned.... swoon.gif )

Thanks you also from both me and Gary for the birthday cards, beer, presents, beer, good wishes and beer. It was unbelieveable. And the pub management were totally amazed by the humour, attitude and atmosphere that was generated biggrin.gif .

The next one should be the first Sunday in March, but watch for the Horse & Groom session in Doncaster on 21st February biggrin.gif but, bofore that of course, the next Darnall Hort'i Soul Club do on January 15th biggrin.gif .

post-9889-12626063266111_thumb.jpg

post-9889-12626063368354_thumb.jpg

post-9889-12626063510615_thumb.jpg

post-9889-12626063616733_thumb.jpg

• Replies 18
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

HI JOHN,WHAT A GREAT DAY FIRST TIME FOR ME AT THE WASHINGTON BUT IT WON'T BE THE LAST.I THINK THERE WAS A LITTLE OF EVERY THING PLAYED LOVED IT.HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU JOHN AND GARY HERE IS A KISS FOR YOU JOHN X AND ONE FOR GARY X FROM ME & YOCKY. SEE YOU ALL AT THE HORT'S

TOM

Thanks guys, I'm really chuffed you enjoyed it. Here's what I have / can remember from the playlists....

Me 3-3.30

Mitty Collier - Pain

Jimmy Burns - Give Her To Me

Dolly & Fashions - Absence Made My Heart Grow Fonder

Orthea Barnes - Your Picture On The Wall

Betty LaVette - What Condition My Condition Is In

Buddy Ace - True Love Money Can't Buy

Sandra Kay Tucker - Have It Your Way

Patrice Holloway - Stay With Your Own Kind

Philharmonics - I Need, I Need Your Love

Don Ray Sampson - Baby Come Back

Spyder Turner - Tell Me (Crying Over You)

H.B. Barnum - It Hurts Too Much To Cry

Volumes - Got To Give Her Love

Gaz 3.30-4

Brenda & Tabulations - That's In The Past

Profiles - I'd Still Love You

Unlimited 4 - I Wanna Be Happy

Attractions - That Girl Is Mine

Shirley Wahls - Why Am I Crying

Exceptions - Baby I Need You

Ruby - Reminine Ingenuity

Determinations - You Can't Hold On To Love

Topics - She's So Fine

Phil Terrell - Love Has Passed Me By

Melvin Elling - Lonely Eyes

Mr. Mojo Lakin 4-4.30

Bobby Marchan - Get Down With It

Jackie Wilson - Whispers Getting Louder

Chuck Jackson - What's With This Loneliness

Levon & the Hawks - He Don't Love You

Joe Simon - I See Your Face

Jimmy Beaumont - I Never Loved Her Anyway

Cal Brandon - I Kept On Smilin'

Walter Jackson - Let Me Come Back

Tyrone Davis - Is It Something You've Got

Keith & Billie - Tastes Sour Don't It

Linda Lewis - Do You Believe In Love

Bri 4.30-5

Appreciations - It's Better To Cry

Imaginations - Strange Neighbourhood

Fascinators - In Other Words

Nu-Rons - All My Love

Unique Blend - Yes I'm In Love

Don Gardner - We're Gonna Make It

Reachers - I Just Want To Do My Own Thing

Mel Britt - She'll Come Running Back

Sugar & Spices - Have Faith In Me

Tony Bruno - How Am I Gonna Make It

Me 5-5.30

Michael & Continentals - Little School Girl

Intrigues - I'm Gonna Love You

Virgil Henry - You Ain't Sayin' Nothing New

Aretha Franklin - One Step

Shepards - Little Girl Lost

Kenny Shepard - What Difference Does It Make

Madeline Wilson - Dial L For Lonely

Gene Chandler - I Don't Need You

Cissy Houston - I Just Don't Know What To Do With Myself

Epitome Of Sound - Where Were You

Eddie Wilson - Toast To The Lady

Michael Jackson - You Can Cry On My Shoulder

Gaz 5.30-6

Richie Havens - I Can't Make It Any More

Caesars - (La La) I Love You

Odds & Ends - Apples, Peaches, Pumpkin Pie

Leroy Barbour - I Ain't Goin' Nowhere

Tamiko Jones - Cross My Heart

Mr. Mojo Lakin 6-6.30

Winston Francis - Turn Back The Hands Of Time

Ike & Tina Turner - Oh Baby

Newcomers - The Whole World's A Picture Show

Charles Beverley - You Don't Want A Man Like Me

Johnson Family - Peace In The Family

Colette Kelly - City Of Fools

Joe Simon - I Need You, You Need Me

Impressions - Senorita I Love You

Bri 6.30-7

Volumes - Ain't Gonna Give You Up

Utopias - Girls Are Against Me

J.P. Robinson - Our Day Is Here

Stevens & Foster - I Want To Be In Love

Nicky Newarkers - Woman

Chuck Cissel - Don't Tell Me You're Sorry

Timeless Legends - I Was Born To Love You

Servicemen - Sweet Magic

Jimmy Bo Horne - I Can't Speak

Towana - Wear The Natural Baby

Admirations - You Left Me

Deana Shenderey - Come Home Baby

Darren (The Governor) 7-7.30

Fats Domino - You Don't Know What Love Is

Jimmy Robins - I Can't Please You

Merle Spears - Ain't No Need

Jimmy (Preacher) Ellie - I'm Gonna Do It By Myself

Curtis Griffin - I Got A Lump

Etta James - Seven Day Fool

Big Maybelle - I Can't Wait Any Longer

Donnie Elbert - Along Came Pride

Lonnie Brookes - Demonstrating

Frank Butler - How I Feel About You

Darrow Fletcher - I've Gotta Know Why

Johnny Day - Good Time

Spinners - She's Gonna Love Me At Sundown

Jimmy Ruffin - Gonna Give Her All The Love I Got

Jackie Wilson - Since You Showed Me How To Be Happy

Me 7.30-8

Porgy & Monarchs - That Girl

Marvin Smith - Who Will Do Your Running Now

Wilson Pickett - Let Me Be Your Boy

Rosebuds - Say You'll Be Mine

Lou Lawton - Nick Nack Patty Wack

Jackie Paine - Go Go Train

Billy Eckstine - I Wonder Why

Dorothy Williams - Watchdog

Baby Earl & Trinidads - Backslop

Douglas Banks - Ain't That Just Like A Woman

Ray Pollard - It's A Sad Thing

Bobby Williams - I've Only Got Myself To Blame

The last hour (from Gaz, and including an impromptu spot from Dave) is a total blur, so feel free to make it up biggrin.gif

Another massive thank you to those who came to the Wash' on Sunday and made it another thoroughly memorable day. thumbup.gif This was the biggest turn-out yet, and we again overran by an hour good.gif . All the DJs played wonderful stuff - my appreciation goes out to Joe, Bri, Darren, Dave and, last but not least, my compadre Gary wave.gifwave.gifwave.gifwave.gifwave.gif . What a team!

The award for the most memorable moment goes to Yocky for his impromptu striptease (with a bit of luck there'll be some pics attached to this post, but be warned.... swoon.gif )

Thanks you also from both me and Gary for the birthday cards, beer, presents, beer, good wishes and beer. It was unbelieveable. And the pub management were totally amazed by the humour, attitude and atmosphere that was generated biggrin.gif .

The next one should be the first Sunday in March, but watch for the Horse & Groom session in Doncaster on 21st February biggrin.gif but, bofore that of course, the next Darnall Hort'i Soul Club do on January 15th biggrin.gif .

Hi John,

First time for me and Kath at the Washington and what an afternoon.

Really enjoyed the day and judging by the photographs (Yocky) we left a little too early.

Thanks for the Cissie Houston, if Gary is reading this or you speak to him the american copy is on Janus.

Great to see the playlists and will definitely be back again.

Happy Birthday for Thursday and Best WIshes

Martin & Kath.

thumbsup.gif

Another massive thank you to those who came to the Wash' on Sunday and made it another thoroughly memorable day. :thumbup: This was the biggest turn-out yet, and we again overran by an hour :good: . All the DJs played wonderful stuff - my appreciation goes out to Joe, Bri, Darren, Dave and, last but not least, my compadre Gary :wave::wave::wave::wave::wave: . What a team!

The award for the most memorable moment goes to Yocky for his impromptu striptease (with a bit of luck there'll be some pics attached to this post, but be warned.... :swoon: )

Thanks you also from both me and Gary for the birthday cards, beer, presents, beer, good wishes and beer. It was unbelieveable. And the pub management were totally amazed by the humour, attitude and atmosphere that was generated :D .

The next one should be the first Sunday in March, but watch for the Horse & Groom session in Doncaster on 21st February :D but, bofore that of course, the next Darnall Hort'i Soul Club do on January 15th :D .

John and Gary what a day that was great musicthumbsup.gif fantastic companythumbsup.gif and unbelievable extra cold guiness thumbsup.gif:beer: hence the photo's on a serious note one of the best afternoon i have had in a long time with all the atmoshere of the horse and groom at donni with brill company and some of the best sounds i have heard in a while got to admit Joes spot hit the note for me and will be looking for at least 3 new tunes Leverne and the hawkes record of the day for the yockmiester thanks for having me and tom and cant wait for the next one all the best yocky

thumbsup.gif John and Gary what a day that was great musicthumbsup.gif fantastic companythumbsup.gif and unbelievable extra cold guiness thumbsup.gif:beer: hence the photo's on a serious note one of the best afternoon i have had in a long time with all the atmoshere of the horse and groom at donni with brill company and some of the best sounds i have heard in a while got to admit Joes spot hit the note for me and will be looking for at least 3 new tunes Leverne and the hawkes record of the day for the yockmiester thanks for having me and tom and cant wait for the next one all the best yocky

Glad you could make it and enjoyed it. Next time though can you find some more interesting underpants?whistling Actually, you can't beat a bit of harmless larking about, though I'm not sure the bar manager knew what to make of it. He's new. He'll get used to us!:innocent:

Sithee soon, John

WHAT A WAY TO SPEND A SUNDAY CELEBRATING JOHN'S & GARY'S BIRTHDAYS WITH FANTASTIC PEOPLE AND 6 HOURS OF SOULFUL MUSIC - TUNES TO SUIT EVERYBODY'S STYLE OF SOUL MUSIC.thumbup.gif

1ST TIME FOR US AT THE WASHINGTON BUT DEFO NOT THE LAST!!!thumbsup.gif

WELL DONE TO ALL THE DJS AND THE 2 BIRTHDAY BOYS FOR PUTTING ON SUCH A GREAT DAY.hatsoff2.gif

AV & PETE

Had a great afternoon yesterday, well done guys thumbsup.gif I was disappointed to have to leave at sevenish, but after seeing the photo of Yockie in his Victorias Secrets "briefs" - christmas present mate? - , maybe it wasn't a bad thing after all laugh.gif

Hi Steve, It was great to see you and Mark. Yes, Yocky made a sight to behold (I think that's the word!) Hopefully see you soon.

John

WHAT A FANTASTIC AFTERNOON AT THE WESH, MANY THANKS TO PETE AND GAZ FOR GIVIN ME A CHANCE TO PLAY A FEW GOODIES. A GREAT TURNOUT AND ANOTHER DAY TO REMEMBER thumbup.gif FULL A FAB AND APPRECIATIVE PEEPS.ALL THE BEST IN THE NEW YEAR AND HOPE TO CATCH UP WITH EVERBODY SOON.

BRI PINCH.

PETE??? What was in that Guinness? The name is Shirley, on a weekend!

PETE MOFFATT........................ GOT A NICE RING TO IT THAT....................... EE CALLED SOMEONE ELSE BY THE WRONG NAME T`OTHER DAY.MUST BE GETTIN ALZIEMERS ... HOPE ITS NOT CATCHIN. RIGHT THEN. DOWN TO BUSINESS

WHAT A DAY IT WAS AND A SHAME I CANT GET TO MANY MORE COZ IM BANNED. ABSOLUTLEY TREMENDOUS. TOP TUNES & TOP COMPANY. DID AN IMPROMPTU SPOT 8.30-9.00PM ISH HERES A FEW I REMEMBER PLAYIN

1 GEORGE LEMMONS - FASCINATING GIRL

2 MASQUADERS - THATS THE SAME THING

3 TED FORD - YOUR`E GONNA NEED ME

4 GWEN DAVIS - MY MAN DONT THINK I KNOW

5 CELEST HARDIE- YOUR`E GONE

6 INNERSECTION - IM IN DEBT TO YOU

7 HESITATIONS - IS THIS THE WAY TO TREAT A GIRL

PLAYED 3 OR 4 MORE BUT I WERE BLADDERED

DAVE

PETE MOFFATT........................ GOT A NICE RING TO IT THAT....................... EE CALLED SOMEONE ELSE BY THE WRONG NAME T`OTHER DAY.MUST BE GETTIN ALZIEMERS ... HOPE ITS NOT CATCHIN. RIGHT THEN. DOWN TO BUSINESS

WHAT A DAY IT WAS AND A SHAME I CANT GET TO MANY MORE COZ IM BANNED. ABSOLUTLEY TREMENDOUS. TOP TUNES & TOP COMPANY. DID AN IMPROMPTU SPOT 8.30-9.00PM ISH HERES A FEW I REMEMBER PLAYIN

1 GEORGE LEMMONS - FASCINATING GIRL

2 MASQUADERS - THATS THE SAME THING

3 TED FORD - YOUR`E GONNA NEED ME

4 GWEN DAVIS - MY MAN DONT THINK I KNOW

5 CELEST HARDIE- YOUR`E GONE

6 INNERSECTION - IM IN DEBT TO YOU

7 HESITATIONS - IS THIS THE WAY TO TREAT A GIRL

8 AL WILSON - SNAKE

9 MURIEL DAY - NINE TIMES OUT OF TEN

10 GEORGE BAKER - UNA PALOMA BLANCA

11 BENNY HILL - ERNIE FASTEST MILKMAN

12 YOCKIE - THE NAKED GUN whistling.gif

PLAYED 3 OR 4 MORE BUT I WERE BLADDERED

DAVE

BLADDERED....... THORT THI NAME WOR DAVE :lol: ANYROAD, PETE....ER SHIRL.....JOHN :D AFTER THE GUINNLESS I ADDA CUPPLE O' PINTS O' ALZIEMERS.....PROBABLY THE BEST LAGER IN THE WORLD :lol::lol::lol: SITHI AT THE HORTI IN TWO :wave:

ATB, BRO........ER BRI.

Edited by bri pinch

BLADDERED....... THORT THI NAME WOR DAVE whistling ANYROAD, PETE....ER SHIRL.....JOHN :D AFTER THE GUINNLESS I ADDA CUPPLE O' PINTS O' ALZIEMERS.....PROBABLY THE BEST LAGER IN THE WORLD :beer::beer::beer: SITHI AT THE HORTI IN TWO :wave:

ATB, BRO........ER BRI.

Top spot Bro', er, Bri. Now you mention it I remember the Bennie Hill track. You can only dance to it chasing a bird, chasing a copper, chasing Yocky in his underpants.

2 weeks pal!

Shirl