sent normal mail as he only paid 1-00 post

customer not received it

customer files dispute

even though asking how i send reciept

to them

theyve reversed the paypal----so im 12-00 down

for no fault of my own

BASTARDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keith, I wouldn't send anything less than recorded nowadays...even if it ends up costing me extra.

Worse case is you're down 75p...better that than £12.

If you send stuff 2nd class recorded it's slightly cheaper, usually arrives as quick as first class and I'm sure its insured to same amount as first class recorded.

Social source share

sent a cd to a customer

9th december

bought stamps on line----so no tracking number

customer not received it

customer files dispute

to them

for no fault of my own

I Keep Looking At, But Never Used (YET!) PayPal Postage Print Address, Stamp etc.

Now Wondering If This Is A Better Option Than I First Thought.

Or Is This The Option You Used To Buy Stamps Online.

Social source share

I Keep Looking At, But Never Used (YET!) PayPal Postage Print Address, Stamp etc.

Now Wondering If This Is A Better Option Than I First Thought.

Or Is This The Option You Used To Buy Stamps Online.

its mayal mail online postage john

Social source share

Totally record/cd unrelated but ebay related.

Beware the paypal payment guys and it can bite you seriously in the butt. I sent two expensive fishing rods to a guy, valued at £200. Courier delivery, insured up to £500.

Somewhere along the delivery route one rod was taken out, the guy reverses the paypal via Ebay dispute and I am left with a £22 courier bill and a £100 rod missing. I also had to pay for courier delivery of the one rod back to me another £15.

The customer is perfectly within his rights to dispute and get his money back as the sale was for two rods, the courier company were useless, saying that I had to prove to them that one was not delivered ! Long story but I gave up after a month of trying to get compensation from the insuranced payment.

Same could happen to records guys, imagine a parcel being opened and an expensive record taken out and the parcel sealed back up and delivered, only takes one person at the mail sorting office to know what to look for and hey presto you are trying to prove it was stolen.

Just beware,

Nick

Social source share

Keith get Proof of Posting from Post Office and you are still covered upto the recorded delivery value.

Not true sir - exactly same thing happened to me in Nov - £42 lost...had P.O.P. and all - offered insured ship - the guy refused to pay it - I still lost me money AND the toon - BASTARDS!!!

Hate eBay

Hate eBay

Hate eBay

Hate eBay

Hate eBay

Hate eBay

Hate eBay............................

Social source share

Keith get Proof of Posting from Post Office and you are still covered upto the recorded delivery value.

This is true, but should imagine trying to claim with no proof of signature would be a nightmare.

On saying that, I recently sent a £20 record via recorded delivery to some-one that never arrived.

Contacted the Royal Mail 'track & trace' number, who informed me that the package had been signed for with 2 other packages by a R A Foster at the address I sent it to...they then sent me a copy of signature by this name for all 3 packages.

Obviously not the guys name who I sent it to, and he know no-one of that name and doesn't live in shared accomodation/flats etc.

He tried contacting them and got the same story....eventually he emailed me and said he couldn't be arsed arguing with Royal Mail and that he knew I'd posted it so would suffer the loss.

I obviously believe he never got it, and told him I'd split the loss as don't see why he should lose out for the full amount either....but added that I would first try Royal Mail again.

I figured that the other 2 special delivery items that were signed for by R A Foster at the same time, would be at a different address...seeing as I had photocopies of the signed slips of all 3 packages I also had reference numbers for all 3 packages.

I put this to Royal Mail, who said they could not divulge details of the other items as I had not sent them....however, they checked their system again, and my package was now showing that it had NOT been delivered (even though they had previously sent me a copy of signature for receiving it!!!!)

The girl I spoke to then told me that it was also showing a history of originally being delivered, even though it now said different, and that she had never seen anything like that on the system before.

This obviously throws doubt on the whole signature system....kind of wondering if it's a dodgy postie who had signed for stuff himself?

Anyway, I have had to fill in a claim form and send it off, stating 'denial of signature' or similar.

Complete pisstake really.....but going back to 'proof of postage' scenario, how hard would that be without signatures and reference numbers!

Edited by Mace
Social source share

sent a cd to a customer

9th december

customer not received it

customer files dispute

to them

for no fault of my own

hi Keith hope you are well.

Also beware of Recorded & Special delivery. The insurance aint what it sez it is. If you are sending records through the post and they are lost, you have to prove what you actually paid for the item irrespective of what you sold it for on eBay or any other site!

E.g You sell a 45 on eBay for £250, you send by Special delivery (insured upto £500) and the Royal Mail Lose it. As the seller, you have to prove what you actually paid for it, not what you sold it for!! So if you paid cash for it or bought it in a job lot with no prroof of purchase, you are bollixed! They will not accept the proof you have from an eBay invoice as the value of the item. It happened to me last year. sold Marie Knight demo on eBay for £225, arrived broke and they refused to pay a penny unless i had proof of what I had paid for it!

Also beware that the Royal Mail has a specification for wrapping records and if they turn up broken and are not within their spec, again they will not pay!! One of their stipulations is that the cardboard is of a certain thickness and has to be 7mm larger all the way round. You also have to write on the package ' RECORDS - DO NOT BEND' and have a fragile sticker on the packet as well!!!

I also sent a £31 purchased 45 by recorded 1st class delivery. Took it to the Post Office and it never arrived. If you look at Track & trace, it is still at the Post office that i sent it from some 4 months later! Again I applied for compensation and although I can actually prove it has not arrived, they will only pay me what I bought it for! guess what, I cant prove what i pay for it coz as with many of us, I dont have a receipt!!!!

Trust me, they have all bases covered. They reckon it is to prevent fraudulent claims!

I actually took the time out to write to a director of royal mail regading the Marie Knight and I did get my money back after a long fight but I could have done without it!

alan

Social source share

sent a cd to a customer

9th december

customer not received it

customer files dispute

to them

for no fault of my own

well i received the fred hughes Keiththumbsup.gif

Social source share

hi Keith hope you are well.

Also beware of Recorded & Special delivery. The insurance aint what it sez it is. If you are sending records through the post and they are lost, you have to prove what you actually paid for the item irrespective of what you sold it for on eBay or any other site!

E.g You sell a 45 on eBay for £250, you send by Special delivery (insured upto £500) and the Royal Mail Lose it. As the seller, you have to prove what you actually paid for it, not what you sold it for!! So if you paid cash for it or bought it in a job lot with no prroof of purchase, you are bollixed! They will not accept the proof you have from an eBay invoice as the value of the item. It happened to me last year. sold Marie Knight demo on eBay for £225, arrived broke and they refused to pay a penny unless i had proof of what I had paid for it!

Also beware that the Royal Mail has a specification for wrapping records and if they turn up broken and are not within their spec, again they will not pay!! One of their stipulations is that the cardboard is of a certain thickness and has to be 7mm larger all the way round. You also have to write on the package ' RECORDS - DO NOT BEND' and have a fragile sticker on the packet as well!!!

I also sent a £31 purchased 45 by recorded 1st class delivery. Took it to the Post Office and it never arrived. If you look at Track & trace, it is still at the Post office that i sent it from some 4 months later! Again I applied for compensation and although I can actually prove it has not arrived, they will only pay me what I bought it for! guess what, I cant prove what i pay for it coz as with many of us, I dont have a receipt!!!!

Trust me, they have all bases covered. They reckon it is to prevent fraudulent claims!

I actually took the time out to write to a director of royal mail regading the Marie Knight and I did get my money back after a long fight but I could have done without it!

alan

This is new to me, I haven't claimed for records (missin or broken) for a long time prior to the latest £20 affair, but previously understood that Royal Mail accepted valuations from legitimate/respected sources (Manships/Record Collector etc)

Surely the insurance payment is to replace the item that they lost or broke....under normal cicumstances they/you would have to pay book price to do that?

The fact that you bagged it from ebay/car boot/record fair for peanuts or have had it for 30 years and thus paid a lot less than it is now worth shouldn't come into it?

Thats like claiming £200K off your building insurance cus your house burnt down and been told you could only have £15K cus that's what you paid for it in 1977 huh.gif

Social source share

That's right , but you must have a certificate and / or receipt from PO. You're still covered up to £39 (at the moment - more in April I'm sure)

When you fill in the claim form send a copy of the eBay page or copy of the Paypal Transaction - better if you send both.

Half the time for amounts like £12, they don't bother to invesigate, but even if they do you should get that back.

I generally have to claim about once or twice every two years - last one was only last October for £24.00 - It was sorted by the end of November with a full refund.

Cheers

Mick Holdsworth

Edited by sixtify
Social source share

This is new to me, I haven't claimed for records (missin or broken) for a long time prior to the latest £20 affair, but previously understood that Royal Mail accepted valuations from legitimate/respected sources (Manships/Record Collector etc)

Surely the insurance payment is to replace the item that they lost or broke....under normal cicumstances they/you would have to pay book price to do that?

The fact that you bagged it from ebay/car boot/record fair for peanuts or have had it for 30 years and thus paid a lot less than it is now worth shouldn't come into it?

Thats like claiming £200K off your building insurance cus your house burnt down and been told you could only have £15K cus that's what you paid for it in 1977 :huh:

My interpretation of the insurance was exactly as you thought it was but i can assure you that you need to PROVE what you paid for it! They will not accept any 'book' price whether its John Manships guide or the Record Collector Guide. Their customer service rep reckonned there was so much fraud going on that this 'rule' was introduced to reduce the claims losses. Unfortunately it doesn't help genuine sellers (like myself) who only claim when necessary. In fairness to the Royal mail, 99.9% of the time I have no complaints and am pleased with their service.

I agree with your sentiments but can assure you that if you make a claim, they will want to prove you paid for it!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!