Temptations - I Guess I'll Always Love You?

• Replies 15
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I've had a request to play "I guess I'll always love you" by the Temptations - is there a version by them I've overlooked (and if so, what album/CD?), or is it a mistake?

There is a TEMPTATIONS tune called 'I could never stop loving you' on Atlantic, but it's a '77 ballad production with the modern style dancer 'In a lifetime' on the other side, don't suppose it's that they've got mixed up by any remote chance?thumbsup.gif

Social source share

There is a TEMPTATIONS tune called 'I could never stop loving you' on Atlantic, but it's a '77 ballad production with the modern style dancer 'In a lifetime' on the other side, don't suppose it's that they've got mixed up by any remote chance?thumbsup.gif

Thanks for that, I'll have a listen, but I suspect it's really someone got their Isley and Temps mixed up.

Cheers

Nick

Social source share

Thanks for that, I'll have a listen, but I suspect it's really someone got their Isley and Temps mixed up.

Cheers

Nick

It seems to happen a lot Nick. I spent two hours trawling the internet for a mention of the Temptations version of

"What Does It (Take To Win Your Love)" after being informed of its existence and being the "best version" by Mark Etheridge at the Red Bar in Wakefield rolleyes.gif

Two weeks later, I still don't think "10 pints of John Smiths" counts as a legitimate excuse angry.gif

Edited by SteveM
Social source share

Guest ruffsounds

Only other versions i know are Supremes or Tammi Terrells versions, not heard of one by the Temps but you can't beat the Isley's imho.

cheers Ralph

Social source share

Guest ruffsounds

sorry bout last post T.T. her cover was This Old Heart of Mine doh what a plonker lol before someone puts me right lol

cheers Ralph

Social source share

Guest Hunnymon

There was a Temptations version of "Too Busy Thinking About My Baby" issued on an old MFP album that you never seem to hear about - so I suppose a Temp's version of "I'll Guess I'll Always Love You" is possible - but I've never heard of one.

Social source share

There was a Temptations version of "Too Busy Thinking About My Baby" issued on an old MFP album that you never seem to hear about - so I suppose a Temp's version of "I'll Guess I'll Always Love You" is possible - but I've never heard of one.

Yeah, cracking album that is too, some nice toons on there inc that one. Another of those old MFP 'Winners'!thumbsup.gif

Edited by chorleysoul
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!