The Greatstone Soul Club - Sat 16Th January

The Greatstone Soul Club Presents -

A NIGHT OF 100% ORIGINAL, QUALITY SOUL MUSIC

Rare 6ts Soul, Northern & Crossover SATURDAY 16TH JANUARY , and always 'Every Third Saturday Of The Month'

The Night Runs From 8.00pm til 2.00am

Tax £4.00 otd. Includes Buffet SPECIAL GUEST DJ'S - PAUL SADOT , PETE BEST , STEVE CATO, TONY J , PAUL HAVEKIN , STEVIE Z , BUDGIE

After a really great party night in December to end 2009, we start the year off as we mean to go on, quality. Two long time supporters of the Greatstone will kick 2010 off for us. Paul & Pete, both have tasty collections and great taste, both will play something different, both will play to the floor, can't wait lads. Loads more awesome guests lined up for 2010, once the list is full I'll post it up, some surprises!! All the very best to everyone on Soulsource for 2010, from everyone at the Greatstone Soul Club.

The Greatstone Hotel

The A56 Chester Road, Stretford,

Manchester M32 ORN ( 5 mins from Jnt. 7 M60, 2Mins. from MUFC )

More Info Tony greatstonesoul@googlemail.com

Mark markbaildon@bowdoncheshire.freeserve.co.uk

Rooms Available-Hotel

tn_gallery_2273_10_58214.jpg tn_gallery_2273_10_83688.jpg

Edited by Tony Jackson
  • Replies 57
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Very much looking forward to ityes.gif and to seeing everyone...been too long since i saw the old place.

Your right mate, it's been too long......last time I saw you was at Beat Boutique months ago, after a certain concertph34r.gif

See you on the 16th.......Tony

Edited by Tony Jackson

ame='paul-s' date='06 January 2010 - 09:00 AM' timestamp='1262768455' post='1229945']

Steady Paul, steady!!

G'day Marko,

I'm pretty sure the weather there has got to better than here, make the most of it mate, see you soon......Tony

Heyup fellas

Looks like it's gonna be another top night at the Greatstone

Listened to Mr Sadot's latest podcast a week or so back and as per usual ,lot's of very nice underplayed/unknown yet fantastic sound's ...How does he do itohmy.gif

Mark ......i'd rather be in Oz at the moment than Manchester ................nowt to do with the Weather wicked.gif One nil.......one nil......one nillaugh.gif

P.S How is Stevie Z doing after his mis-hap on the badminton court ??? think i'll give him a call later on today and check for myselfg.gif

Heyup fellas

Looks like it's gonna be another top night at the Greatstone

Listened to Mr Sadot's latest podcast a week or so back and as per usual ,lot's of very nice underplayed/unknown yet fantastic sound's ...How does he do it:ohmy:

Mark ......i'd rather be in Oz at the moment than Manchester ................nowt to do with the Weather :wicked: One nil.......one nil......one nil:laugh:

P.S How is Stevie Z doing after his mis-hap on the badminton court ??? think i'll give him a call later on today and check for myself:chinstroke:

Hi Nev,

Have you heard the one about the Leeds Utd trophy room??....no no best not talk about football!!! one thing though, how can a geordie follow Leeds???shades

Next Greatstone shaping up nicely now, two great guests sorted already, might even squeeze in another yet, as we look to have two residents down, watch this space!!!

Mark,

Just spoke to Stevie Z, he's in good spirits, (snapped achiles, playing badminton, the big jessie:ph34r: ) he just found out today however that he won't need an op. so some better news. I'm sure he would appreciate a call though Nev he's well bored.

Tony

Edited by Tony Jackson

The Greatstone Soul Club Presents -

A NIGHT OF 100% ORIGINAL, QUALITY SOUL MUSIC

Rare 6ts Soul, Northern & Crossover SATURDAY 16TH JANUARY , and always 'Every Third Saturday Of The Month'

The Night Runs From 8.00pm til 2.00am

Tax £4.00 otd. Includes Buffet SPECIAL GUEST DJ'S - PAUL SADOT , PETE BEST , PLUS TBA , TONY J , PAUL HAVEKIN , STEVIE Z , BUDGIE

After a really great party night in December to end 2009, we start the year off as we mean to go on, quality. Two long time supporters of the Greatstone will kick 2010 off for us. Paul & Pete, both have tasty collections and great taste, both will play something different, both will play to the floor, can't wait lads. Loads more awesome guests lined up for 2010, once the list is full I'll post it up, some surprises!! All the very best to everyone on Soulsource for 2010, from everyone at the Greatstone Soul Club.

The Greatstone Hotel

The A56 Chester Road, Stretford,

Manchester M32 ORN ( 5 mins from Jnt. 7 M60, 2Mins. from MUFC )

More Info Tony greatstonesoul@googlemail.com

Mark markbaildon@bowdoncheshire.freeserve.co.uk

Rooms Available-Hotel

tn_gallery_2273_10_58214.jpg tn_gallery_2273_10_83688.jpg

A gentle reminder.........

Just finished some heavy contractual negotiations, involving half a bitter a packet of hobnob's and a pullover jumper. Resulting in another addition to the Dj roster for the 16th. Mr Steve Cato will be pullin' on the number 12 jersey and playin a few like only he can, welcome aboard Stevie. Really shaping up like a proper soul night now, can't wait.

Tony

Edited by Tony Jackson

Hi Nev,

Have you heard the one about the Leeds Utd trophy room??....no no best not talk about football!!! one thing though, how can a geordie follow Leeds???shades.gif

Next Greatstone shaping up nicely now, two great guests sorted already, might even squeeze in another yet, as we look to have two residents down, watch this space!!!

Mark,

Just spoke to Stevie Z, he's in good spirits, (snapped achiles, playing badminton, the big jessieph34r.gif ) he just found out today however that he won't need an op. so some better news. I'm sure he would appreciate a call though Nev he's well bored.

Tony

Hi Tony,thanks for the phone call.Bet I can still wup you at badminton! Nev did phone ,great fella knows his tunes.Still gonna be on crutches the next couple of months.Can't drive ,can brew up but cannot carry my cuppa to the settee,try this on sticks .Be back .ATVB Stevie Z

Hi Tony,thanks for the phone call.Bet I can still wup you at badminton! Nev did phone ,great fella knows his tunes.Still gonna be on crutches the next couple of months.Can't drive ,can brew up but cannot carry my cuppa to the settee,try this on sticks .Be back .ATVB Stevie Z

Hi Steve

Will pop over sometime and do some vinyl shopping and can carry a few brews for you mate... Take good care and lookm after yourself..

steve

Mr Z,

I'm in Bury on Tuesday, I'll call in for a brew and a chat.....I'll bell you first, make sure your estate is passable......give me a shout if you need owt, pretty sure Debs and Callum are running round after you though.

Tony

Hi Nev,

Have you heard the one about the Leeds Utd trophy room??....no no best not talk about football!!! one thing though, how can a geordie follow Leeds???shades.gif

Mark,

Just spoke to Stevie Z, he's in good spirits, (snapped achiles, playing badminton, the big jessieph34r.gif ) he just found out today however that he won't need an op. so some better news. I'm sure he would appreciate a call though Nev he's well bored.

Tony

Hi Tony ..hope my text is not too small for you whistling.gif

The story behind me and LUFC goes like this.........my older bro ruled the roost when we were kid's and in no uncertain terms ,made me pick a footie team to support ,but not the same one as him.

He was a staunch Liverpool fan ,this was early 70's and as well you know Man utd were shite back then ...whereas Leeds were quite the opposite..so it really was'nt a hard decision.

I could probably name that team back then easier than the current team

CLASS OF 72thumbsup.gif

SNF1488XX_682_733291a.jpg

Spoke to Steve ........he does'nt like people fussing over him....the old soldier told me a few wartime injury stories, that made this latest incident seem like a little bruise whistling.gif

Hi Tony ..hope my text is not too small for you whistling.gif

The story behind me and LUFC goes like this.........my older bro ruled the roost when we were kid's and in no uncertain terms ,made me pick a footie team to support ,but not the same one as him.

He was a staunch Liverpool fan ,this was early 70's and as well you know Man utd were shite back then ...whereas Leeds were quite the opposite..so it really was'nt a hard decision.

I could probably name that team back then easier than the current team

CLASS OF 72thumbsup.gif

SNF1488XX_682_733291a.jpg

Spoke to Steve ........he does'nt like people fussing over him....the old soldier told me a few wartime injury stories, that made this latest incident seem like a little bruise whistling.gif

Howdo Nev,

Your right mate, Leeds Utd throughout the 70t's were a quality outfit, strangley I can remember a lot more Leeds players from that time than Man U playerswhistling.gif we were cack. It still does beg the question though, how come your big bruv supported Liverpoolph34r.gif

Good man for giving Stevie a shout, I know he would have appreciated that. Hope to see you soon, need to catch up.

Tony

Howdo Nev,

Your right mate, Leeds Utd throughout the 70t's were a quality outfit, strangley I can remember a lot more Leeds players from that time than Man U playerswhistling.gif we were cack. It still does beg the question though, how come your big bruv supported Liverpool ph34r.gif

Good man for giving Stevie a shout, I know he would have appreciated that. Hope to see you soon, need to catch up.

Tony

Easy one Tony

Big bro Tony supported the reds cos Newcastle ,sunderland and boro were and still are all s---e ...you fill in the missing letters

And we won't even go into my hometown team ,Darlingtonsad.gif

Trust me you guy's over there are not just spoilt for choice with soul venues no.gif

Yes mate ..will be good to catch up soon and such a shame we can't get over for this one...looks set for another crackerthumbup.gif

Greetings from down under looks like i will miss a good one with Paul and Pete as guests, see you all soon.

Mark

Mr Baildon NOT behind the decks:thumbup: This is the best news of the year to datewhistling and a good reason to attend:D

Julian

PS

Hope you're having a good un down under.

yes.gif Great, nice to see Stevie C on, looking forward to it! Like you say say, shaping up to be a great night. Hope snow f--ks off!

Wanted Steve on last month, but he was away. Lots of calls from folk who want out of hibernation, so numbers looking good. Man. United at home next Saturday afternoon, so the place will be well warmed up for us come Saturday night.Snow, what snow, all clear round here.

Julian,

Unfortunately if we paid you what you were worth......you'd owe us moneywicked.gif

Thanks for the offer Tony to play at my local... Been coming down there for more years than i can remember and tunage to match any event imo over the years, quite a daunting task to play..

I think i have been added to give the place an exotic feel :thumbup: .. Well i am from Huddersfield :thumbup: ..

Gonna spend some time digging around the boxes at home for a good mix of tunes for this event...

All is well

x

Thanks for the offer Tony to play at my local... Been coming down there for more years than i can remember and tunage to match any event imo over the years, quite a daunting task to play..

I think i have been added to give the place an exotic feel shades.gif .. Well i am from Huddersfield laugh.gif ..

Gonna spend some time digging around the boxes at home for a good mix of tunes for this event...

All is well

x

Long overdue and well deserved turn behind the decks....paper and pencil at the readyshades.gif

Hello All

Really looking forward to the first Greatstone of the year.

Will be nice to have Paul back behind the decks and Pete's always welcome.

With Steve Cato making his debut it looks like a night not to be missed.

Great news about the new venue Steve good luck with it.

Are you going to post up times for this week Tony??

See you all Saturday

Pete & Hilary

Paul,

Yep numbers wise looking good, always good to see first timers in as well, make sure you introduce methumbsup.gif

Stevie,

I will of course be buying a round for everyone 'in' between eight and five past, not a minute before nor a minute aftershhh.gif after all the 16th is our 23rd wedding anniversary.

Budgie,

Subject to hissy fits and broken toys.

8.00 - 9.00 Paul & Tony

9.00 - 10.00 Budgie

10.00 - 11.00 Stevie Cato

11.00 - 12.00 Pete Best

12.00 - 01.00 Paul Sadot

01.00 - 02.00 Tony & Paul

Tony

Paul,

Yep numbers wise looking good, always good to see first timers in as well, make sure you introduce methumbsup.gif

Stevie,

I will of course be buying a round for everyone 'in' between eight and five past, not a minute before nor a minute aftershhh.gif after all the 16th is our 23rd wedding anniversary.

Budgie,

Subject to hissy fits and broken toys.

8.00 - 9.00 Paul & Tony

9.00 - 10.00 Budgie

10.00 - 11.00 Stevie Cato

11.00 - 12.00 Pete Best

12.00 - 01.00 Paul Sadot

01.00 - 02.00 Tony & Paul

Tony

Im always there at 8.ha! Get em in! Will be top night!

Hi Sharron,

Did I read somewhere you were getting out more this yearwhistling.gif get your ass over here Saturday nightthumbup.gif

Paul, I'm pretty sure I can stand you a sweet sherry.....Tony

I am supposed to be getting out more, yes!

It all depends on whether my friend can make it although I suppose I could quite possibly come on my own seeing it looks like all the old suspects will be in! Just promise not to laugh at my new barnet!! (It is very bad!!)

It all depends on whether my friend can make it although I suppose I could quite possibly come on my own seeing it looks like all the old suspects will be in! Just promise not to laugh at my new barnet!! (It is very bad!!)

Oh! Come on Sharon, be good to see you and the new hair!:rolleyes:

Come on Reg, loads of old friends in on Saturday....there's an old sayin' "Know the difference between a good haircut and bad a haircut?....a week" (Confucius)..... now then don't you feel so much better???:wicked:

Tony

Lokks like a good night is brewing. dont worry i will be back with a vengence in Feb should have a couple of new 70's things to play as well :thumbup:

had a good time in Tasmania very beautiful, luckily missed the heatwave in adelaide peaked at 43 degrees, only 37 in hobart :thumbup:

Mr Bentley i have made you a complete cd collection of 70's tunes :D

Mark

Lokks like a good night is brewing. dont worry i will be back with a vengence in Feb should have a couple of new 70's things to play as well :thumbup:

had a good time in Tasmania very beautiful, luckily missed the heatwave in adelaide peaked at 43 degrees, only 37 in hobart :D

Mr Bentley i have made you a complete cd collection of 70's tunes :no:

Mark

Have a good one Mark and see you back in Manc soon... It won't be the same without the disco queen... :thumbup:

Hope to see a few new faces on Sat... Bring it on...

I will be there almost deffo now as my friend has rather kindly offered to drive.

I'm just hoping that somebody will be standing in for Mr Baildon with some 70s....If you are lurking Besty make sure you pack plenty!!

I have loads of 70s Sharon. No disco though, but stuff that will make your hair stand on end.ha!

Computer fixed and back on line. Really looking forward to seeing you down on sat Paul, spoke to mr best sat and he's up for it and the addition of Steve looks like the makings of a good night. Glad to hear you're having the weather Mark see you when you get back. Spoke to Stevie Z today in good spirits but gutted he is going to miss sat. I personally think Bentley is a great name for our new butler:tongue: . You know what they say Sharon hair today gone tomorrow:elvis::sad:See you all later Paul.

Another old friend of the Greatstone is coming down Saturday. A lot of people will remember Jimmy Barry, had some absolute brilliant records back in the day. Anyway had a few P.Ms from him in the last few days, and he's comin' along, gonna be great to catch up. Mark, you maybe getting the weather in oz, but I know where I'd rather be!!!

Tony

baby starlingsph34r.gif

Looks like the weather will be better by the weekend for you lot so should make it easier for travellers. have you all bought some new tunes over the christmas break, no doubt Paul will have, post up the playlists in lookbacks so i can see what i missed.

Mark

Oh I have for sure Mark! :yes:

Hi Steve

Will pop over sometime and do some vinyl shopping and can carry a few brews for you mate... Take good care and lookm after yourself..

steve

Hi Steve,I look forward to seeing you.Gonna miss the gang and tunes to be aired.Thought about the issues of being on sticks ....traversing the stairs,down and then later up........after a few beers the loo ...I would need a volunteer to help!:hatsoff2: Then just knocking into our friends around the Greatstone whilst on the crutches. Well really cheesed not to see you guys maybe next month I will have better news.Have an awesome night.ATVB Stevie

after a few beers the loo ...I would need a volunteer to help!hatsoff2.gif ATVB Stevie
I can see the queue forming now ph34r.gif seriously though great to catch up today, you will be missed mate. Be good , get sorted and get back to where you belong next month!!! I'll see you for a brew next week....Tony Edited by Tony Jackson