In The Groove @ St Teresas Southport Fri Jan 15Th

ST TERESA'S CLUB

FRIDAY 15TH JAN 2010

SIMPLY THE VERY BEST QUALITY SOUL MUSIC, A DIFFERENT 'A' GRADE LINE- UP EVERY 2 MONTHS FOR YOUR PLEASURE.

THIS MONTH:- IAN CUNLIFFE, PHIL THRELFALL, JUMPING JOAN ALONG WITH THE WOLVERHAMPTON BOYS KENNY HICKMAN AND SHORNY, NOT FORGETING YOURS TRUELY, WIGAN PAUL.

NEEDLESS TO SAY WITH OUR DJ'S WE ONLY PLAY REAL RECORDS AT THIS CLUB WITH STRICTLY NO EXCEPTIONS AT ANY TIME!!

TOP SOUND SYSTEM AND NICE DANCE FLOOR.

ST TERESA'S CLUB 8PM - 1 AM ....£5 OTD

UPPER AUGHTON RD

BIRKDALE

SOUTHPORT PR8 5JN

Edited by steptoe
  • Replies 77
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Sean Haydon

NEEDLESS TO SAY WITH OUR DJ'S WE ONLY PLAY REAL RECORDS AT THIS CLUB WITH STRICTLY NO EXCEPTIONS AT ANY TIME!!

Bloody hell Paul, it's a bit late to tell me that! It's ok though, i'll use Kenny's tunes :wink:

Really mate, it's an honour to be invited to play. I love this club, it deserves the recognition is getting now. Well done! Can't wait for next week, we'll be bringing loads of our Wolvo mates for support (I apologise now) :smile:

Regards, Sean

Just re-read Paul's post and really looking forward to hearing Kenny and Shorny play thumbup.gif

And Paul of course, who always plays some top tunes.

Oh, and don't forget the infamous ploughman's lunch in a bag laugh.gif

Really looking forward to playing out with some of the very best folk around and to hearing some high class tunes of course - assuming you mean me Paul? Kinell mate, just stick with Phil T, it's easier all round laugh.gif

The ploughmans is a given after last time Joanie!

If you've never been get yourself there, you won't be disappointed.

Bloody hell Paul, it's a bit late to tell me that! It's ok though, i'll use Kenny's tunes wink.gif

Really mate, it's an honour to be invited to play. I love this club, it deserves the recognition is getting now. Well done! Can't wait for next week, we'll be bringing loads of our Wolvo mates for support (I apologise now) smile.gif

Regards, Sean

Sean i know you will do great at this event,you got great taste in records mate

oh dont appologise for the Wolvo lads each and every one of are good boys,just keep an eye open for popa 4 skin a real gent but mad imo

Sean illtry and make it to yours 1st

Toby

Really looking forward to playing out with some of the very best folk around and to hearing some high class tunes of course - assuming you mean me Paul? Kinell mate, just stick with Phil T, it's easier all round laugh.gif

The ploughmans is a given after last time Joanie!

If you've never been get yourself there, you won't be disappointed.

ohmy.giflaugh.gif i took the spelling from some other thick bugger on soul source at least i know am not on me own here lol . anyway never had a problem like this when i dealt with the japs

This night is certainly not to be missed!

Great club, top music and if that is not enough there is Cunliffe and Threlfall :lol:

shold be a very good night.....be warnd anyone takeing over from Mr cunliffe watch out for his famous rapyouupinafookinbigknot with the headphonecableinonefast move!!!!!! just ask phil :lol::lol::lol:

:laugh:

shold be a very good night.....be warnd anyone takeing over from Mr cunliffe watch out for his famous rapyouupinafookinbigknot with the headphonecableinonefast move!!!!!! just ask phil :laugh::laugh::laugh:

=========================================================================================

shades Blimey when me n Phil T was on at Burnley last month everytime i went to put a 45 on Phil K was watching me like a hawk

i only turned the que volume up and he jumped on me and said What you doing:laugh:

Seriously tho this is going to be a great nite as always all the dj,s have some brilliant rare northern soul and hopefully soulies will come over to Southport to support Paul, the club and music policy reminds me a lot of the old Westhaughton Cricket club

that Paul Johnson use to run back in the late 80,s early 90,s great music n great crowd with a friendly Atmosphere

Guest Sean Haydon

Sean i know you will do great at this event,you got great taste in records mate

oh dont appologise for the Wolvo lads each and every one of are good boys,just keep an eye open for popa 4 skin a real gent but mad imo

Sean illtry and make it to yours 1st

Toby

Always welcome at ours on the way Toby, you gonna need to be early though, Kenny want's to go play with the Donkeys on the beach first. And it's not the Wolvo lads i'm on about, it's the women!

News is, Coggy's Joining us now and Willie's coming down from Carlisle too.

Rear wheel drive cars Phil. Fantastic in the dry......but in the snow......no.gif

Anyway, let's hope that this snow has gone by next Friday, because this looks like being a belting night. Top line up of DJ's and a genuine promoter who is in it for the right reasons. No other soul night I'd travel this far to. Anyone living in the Southport area that would like to listen and dance to something other than the top 500, you need to try this night.

Phil.

big posh jag . ohmy.gif them things was posh about thirty years ago now there an old boys motor lol

You cheeky four wheel driven tw*t!!! (Cheese-cutter caps and string-backs [for added purchase] are all the rage in Bamber Bridge I'll have you know. On reflection, you wouldn't understand: as Basil Fawlty once said, "it's called style dear"laugh.gif )

How many cars do you know with a 'valet' button on the dash? (I've never been so kin disappointed!) Finger poised for the first time, expectantly waiting for a pristine, white gloved hand to appear from nowhere, offering-up a silver tray bearing the finest sherry lovingly cupped within a mind-blowing smorgasbord of immaculate cut glass ... ... when I did eventually managed to regain control, reign in my excitement and pushed that button ... ... it opened the feckin bootlaugh.gif ).

Someone once said to me "never take the piss out of someone in a Jag cos you never know what they've got in the boot." Well, I've got several heavily soiled bath mats, a rug and two toes - all Ian Cunliffe's laugh.gif (Oh aye, and a rounders bat and a shovel, just in case a. I fancy an inpromptu game or b. I get snowed-in. ph34r.gif )

So, if you're looking for something that will do a comfortable and consistent 15mls / gallon (that may be an over-estimate in built-up areas mind), costs a fortune to insure and service and drives like a ping pong ball in a hurricane at the slightest whiff of rain, wind or snow, I have just the vehicle ... ... All that said, the ride is absolutely unsurpassed e.g. I once ran over someone's foot and it may as well have been a malteser for all I knew, fantastic suspension!

Really looking forward to Friday mate and got some decent oldies ready to go: Omni, Cameo etc. Also hope to give my new Luther Vandross c/u an outing shhh.gif , you'll want one. I'm liking that synthesized sound oh yes ...

In the meantime I'm off to find myself another girl - get yer snipe on pal laugh.gif

Edited by PhilT

Ploughman's in a bag? thumbup.gif

They do em & it's the clincher!

I'll be fasting all day Friday by way of preparation. Yes, they're that good! In all seriousness, of all the venues out there boasting high quality sounds in a great venue with a friendly crowd, just how many can supplement that with yer ploughman's in a bag availability? Poll anyone?

You cheeky four wheel driven tw*t!!! (Cheese-cutter caps and string-backs [for added purchase] are all the rage in Bamber Bridge I'll have you know. On reflection, you wouldn't understand: as Basil Fawlty once said, "it's called style dear"laugh.gif )

How many cars do you know with a 'valet' button on the dash? (I've never been so kin disappointed!) Finger poised for the first time, expectantly waiting for a pristine, white gloved hand to appear from nowhere, offering-up a silver tray bearing the finest sherry lovingly cupped within a mind-blowing smorgasbord of immaculate cut glass ... ... when I did eventually managed to regain control, reign in my excitement and pushed that button ... ... it opened the feckin boot:lol: ).

Someone once said to me "never take the piss out of someone in a Jag cos you never know what they've got in the boot." Well, I've got several heavily soiled bath mats, a rug and two toes - all Ian Cunliffe's :D (Oh aye, and a rounders bat and a shovel, just in case a. I fancy an inpromptu game or b. I get snowed-in. ph34r.gif )

So, if you're looking for something that will do a comfortable and consistent 15mls / gallon (that may be an over-estimate in built-up areas mind), costs a fortune to insure and service and drives like a ping pong ball in a hurricane at the slightest whiff of rain, wind or snow, I have just the vehicle ... ... All that said, the ride is absolutely unsurpassed e.g. I once ran over someone's foot and it may as well have been a malteser for all I knew, fantastic suspension!

Really looking forward to Friday mate and got some decent oldies ready to go: Omni, Cameo etc. Also hope to give my new Luther Vandross c/u an outing shhh.gif , you'll want one. I'm liking that synthesized sound oh yes ...

In the meantime I'm off to find myself another girl - get yer snipe on pal :lol:

PMSL Phil cheered me Monday morning up, hoping to see you Friday but not sure yet depends how we get on with preparations for Saturday :lol: oh and the fecking weather wouldn't like to risk getting run over by some jag driving dj :lol:.

Sharon

quoat phil dredfull .......In the meantime I'm off to find myself another girl - get yer snipe on pal :laugh:

ahh so its you !! ged did say somthing . and yes i have my snipe on... i did plan on not paying big money but now i know its you :angry: am fooked :laugh: you have considerably more money than i have (said in a brummy accent) anyway isnt that just typical of a bloody jag driver ,

also am not a 4x4 driver anymore .ive resorted to driving a vauxhall disaster van .price o records n all that whistlingand due to them tree hugging save the planet anti 4x4 environmentalist .i no longer have a living to make no more fancy cars for me :sad: then again i supose i could buy a landrover put some big f.. off wheels on it and buy a pitt bull :laugh:

style ?.....will you be parking it outside that new venue ive been hearing about ?

Edited by steptoe

my old truck crushes jag drivers and environmentalist's

my jag is a better all-rounder i.e. uses more petrol, emits more shite (via two exhaust pipes no less) = less environmentally friendlyhatsoff2.gif

Right, back to Friday's extravaganza. The weather sems to be holding shhh.gif and the natives are becoming increasingly restless as Friday approaches. (Paul told me he'd been egg bound due to the snow but I think / hope he meant house-bound).

Really looking forward to it yes.gif

my jag is a better all-rounder i.e. uses more petrol, emits more shite (via two exhaust pipes no less) = less environmentally friendlyhatsoff2.gif

Right, back to Friday's extravaganza. The weather sems to be holding shhh.gif and the natives are becoming increasingly restless as Friday approaches. (Paul told me he'd been egg bound due to the snow but I think / hope he meant house-bound).

Really looking forward to it yes.gif

egg bound ohmy.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Edited by steptoe
Guest roger H
whistling.gif Evening .... really looking forward to this, aint been for a bit and what makes this one one not to miss is shorny and kenny otherwise known as BODGIT AND SCARPER , kenny a great laugh and owner of some class vinyl,including the nolans, bay city rollers and mud, and my bro sean (shorny) the man has the ear for great rare music absolute class, oh and sean my solicitor will be in touch regarding the friction burns ive got from the monkey spanking kit you gave me for christmaswanker.gif

whistling.gif Evening .... really looking forward to this, aint been for a bit and what makes this one one not to miss is shorny and kenny otherwise known as BODGIT AND SCARPER , kenny a great laugh and owner of some class vinyl,including the nolans, bay city rollers and mud, and my bro sean (shorny) the man has the ear for great rare music absolute class, oh and sean my solicitor will be in touch regarding the friction burns ive got from the monkey spanking kit you gave me for christmaswanker.gif

Yeh! Lets do it ! Brill club and crackin nite !Tunage topsthumbsup.gif

Rog, Frickion burns? My arsesleep3.gif

This is your 10th spankin kit you got you 1st age 12 whistling.gif True pro wanker.giflaugh.gif

hope you have been in touch with the venue paul,if theres no PLOUGHMANS on sale:tumbleweed3: you could have a riot on your hands:yes: ....

I'm intrigued by this "Ploughman's In A Bag" :chinstroke: If it's anything like the old Cheese, Pickle & Biscuit bag that used to come with the wooden spreader then I'm coming as Mr Kershaw the Cockle Man with me basket o' crabs!! :laugh:

Looks like the weathers taken a turn for the better round these parts :good: if ya can call cloud and rain better !!

We're in for a good night anyway :thumbup:

Edited by Blunny

I'm intrigued by this "Ploughman's In A Bag" :chinstroke: If it's anything like the old Cheese, Pickle & Biscuit bag that used to come with the wooden spreader then I'm coming as Mr Kershaw the Cockle Man with me basket o' crabs!! :laugh:

Looks like the weathers taken a turn for the better round these parts :good: if ya can call cloud and rain better !!

We're in for a good night anyway :thumbup:

That's precisely what it's like so get them crustaceans in that basket Kershthumbsup.gif

Guest Sean Haydon

spoke to soon about the weather but its not bad here just a sprinkling today whistling.gif

Had an extra couple of inches of snow down here this morning but the roads are clear, forecast is getting warmer towards the weekend so should be fine.

Anyway, transport sorted and ready to roll! thumbsup.gif

post-10634-12634113654147_thumb.jpg

See ya Friday

Sean

post-10634-12634113654147_thumb.jpg

Guest Sean Haydon

Yeh! Lets do it ! Brill club and crackin nite !Tunage topsthumbsup.gif

Rog, Frickion burns? My arse:sleep3:

This is your 10th spankin kit you got you 1st age 12 whistling True pro :wanker::laugh:

Hey Mike, Nice Bike! Where's your helmet? :ph34r:

Guest REVILOT

spoke to soon about the weather but its not bad here just a sprinkling today whistling.gif

If all goes well I will make the long trek over to Southport this Friday.

I normally prefer Southport Rock but from the DJ line up I reckon the Soul at your venue will be even more tasty.