"dab Of Soul" First Anniversary

After a fantastic first year which has seen this event become a "Must attend" event for lovers of Crossover/70s soul, we are proud to announce that the January 16th event will be....

A First Anniversary Special!!!

A DAB OF SOUL

At The ROOM at the top

Nantwich Civic Hall

Market Street

Nantwich

Cheshire

Cw5 5dg

Guest DJ`s Sean Hampsey and Keith Williams

Along with Resident DJ`s CHRIS ANDERTON & DAVE LUCAS

In the upstairs room at the Nantwich Civic Hall. Playing the best in 70`s and Crossover Soul.

Saturday January 16th

8.30 til 1.30

£5.00 Entry to both rooms + free CD to first 50 thru the door.

Brand New Sound Sysyem.Great Attendence. Superb Atmosphere. Busy Record Bar. Oldies room Downstairs.Easy Parking. Cheap Bar.

07974722667 or 07968437078

chris.soul@btinternet.com or dal07@btinternet.com

Edited by Chris Anderton
  • Replies 30
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

After a fantastic first year which has seen this event become a "Must attend" event for lovers of Crossover/70s soul, we are proud to announce that the January 16th event will be....

A First Anniversary Special!!!

A DAB OF SOUL

At The ROOM at the top

Nantwich Civic Hall

Market Street

Nantwich

Cheshire

Cw5 5dg

Guest DJ`s Sean Hampsey and Keith Williams

Along with Resident DJ`s CHRIS ANDERTON & DAVE LUCAS

In the upstairs room at the Nantwich Civic Hall. Playing the best in 70`s and Crossover Soul.

Saturday January 16th

8.30 til 1.30

£5.00 Entry to both rooms + free CD to first 50 thru the door.

Brand New Sound Sysyem.Great Attendence. Superb Atmosphere. Busy Record Bar. Oldies room Downstairs.Easy Parking. Cheap Bar.

07974722667 or 07968437078

chris.soul@btinternet.com or dal07@btinternet.com

As the saying goes chris "don,t time go by fast when you are having fun" and i think we can say we have had some fun along with some of the best dj,s in the country graceing our venue which has helped to grow "DAB OF SOUL,S" rapidl growing reputation along with the greatfull appreciation we have for those that have attended and continued to keep comming back to all of them we say a massive thank you.

really looking forward to the return of the local maestro that is keith williams and the debut at dab of the one and only sean hampsey he has never failed to dissapoint ever, roll on the 16th of jan.

regards

dave lucas

Well done gentlemen. You will be pleased to hear I've got 400 anniversary CDs on the way for downstairs, it was a bit embarassing running out last year. Chris, I'll save one for you dad as he appreciates my selections and this one will blow his socks off.

the debut at dab of the one and only sean hampsey he has never failed to dissapoint ever, roll on the 16th of jan.

regards

dave lucas

Errrrrrr hate to be pedantic Dave, but shouldn't that read 'he has never failed to delight' or 'never disappoints ever'...

...or are you trying to tell me something! :shades:

I'll try to be good this time - Honest! :thumbup:

:D

Sean

Errrrrrr hate to be pedantic Dave, but shouldn't that read 'he has never failed to delight' or 'never disappoints ever'...

...or are you trying to tell me something! laugh.gif

I'll try to be good this time - Honest! yes.gif

biggrin.gif

Sean

ooooooopppppssss sorrry sean i no what i meant to say but that will teach me not to proof read what i write especially after a few bottles of the current real ale samples, any way to re-peat, you have never failed to delight or dissapoint, and i,m certain you won,t on the 16th in fact i,d guarantee it.

regards

dave lucas

ooooooopppppssss sorrry sean i no what i meant to say but that will teach me not to proof read what i write especially after a few bottles of the current real ale samples, any way to re-peat, you have never failed to delight or dissapoint, and i,m certain you won,t on the 16th in fact i,d guarantee it.

regards

dave lucas

Cheers Dave, I think I know what you mean....:D ...:D

Really looking forward to guesting at A Dab Of Soul with such fabulous company as Chris, Keith and your good self, serving up some soul.

Gonna try and round up a few of my local Posse, to help make the jouney over them there hills!

It's gonna be a superb night mate!

Well up for it!

thumbsup.gif

Sean

Well done gentlemen. You will be pleased to hear I've got 400 anniversary CDs on the way for downstairs, it was a bit embarassing running out last year. Chris, I'll save one for you dad as he appreciates my selections and this one will blow his socks off.

LOL. Loads of old Wheel tunes on there for the Old man then Ray...?? Mind you, I`d better watch what I`m saying, Dave is actually older than my Dad!

Hoping for another 400+ attendence in both rooms again this year and with Dab bringing them in too I`m sure its on the cards.

Chris

just under a week to go and out and about at weekend loads of intrest in the first anniversary of

"A DAB OF SOUL" so looking to be a good night, top guest line up as to be expected for the anniversary

with KEITH WILLIAMS and SEAN HAMPSEY, along with residents chtis anderton and dave lucas so if 70s/crossover is your thing with a dab of mid tempo modern thown in this is the place to be.

if anyone needs any other info contact myself or chris details at top of the thread looking forward to seeing you on saturday for another top night of quality music.

regards

dave lucas

OK, Here is the info on the accomadation as requested...but as Dave said the Red Cow is accross the street and has a good reputation.

Crown HotelBest Western24 High StreetNantwich, Cheshire, CW5 5AS01270 625283https://www.accesspla...e/nantwich.htm#

Malbank Hotel14 Beam StreetNantwich, Cheshire, CW5 5LL01270 626011https://www.accesspla...e/nantwich.htm#

Premier Travel Inn221 Crewe RoadWillastonNantwich, Cheshire, CW5 6NE0870 990 6418https://www.accesspla...e/nantwich.htm#

Railway HotelPillory Street

Nantwich cw5 5 ss

01270 623482

The Red Cow

Beam St, Nantwich - 01270 628581

https://www.accesspla...e/nantwich.htm#

https://www.accesspla...e/nantwich.htm#

Cheers, Chris

LOL. Loads of old Wheel tunes on there for the Old man then Ray...?? Mind you, I`d better watch what I`m saying, Dave is actually older than my Dad!

Hoping for another 400+ attendence in both rooms again this year and with Dab bringing them in too I`m sure its on the cards.

Chris

Well Chris my latest CD track is 1994, so anyone can guess that one. Could not help myself and put a 70s filler at the end, Deep Inside of Me.

But you are right the majority is 60s and courtesy of UPS they have all arrived this morning.

Here is the free CD track listing. Free to the first 50 who come through the door at "Dab of Soul"....

1.Supremes and 4 Tops-Dont you miss me a little bit honey

2.G.C Cameron-I`m gonna give you respect

3.The Originals-Let me live in your life.

4.Bottom and Co-Gonna find a true love

5.Art and Honey-Lets make love

6.Main Ingredient-Work to do

7.7mph Band-Playing your game

8.Bonnie Blanchard-You`re the only one

9.Lonnie Jones-Treat your baby right

10.The Pretenders-I call it love

11.Aretha Franklin-I needed you baby

12.Jack Ashford-I`ll fly into your open arms

13.The Ebonys-Do you like the way i love you

14.The Joneses-Hey babe

15.The Esquires-Woman

16.Jean Plumb-Here i go again

17.Barbara Blake-Superman

18.Al Hudson-When you`re gone

19.Carl Simms-Pity a fool

20.Tyrone Harris-Nothing seems to go right

21.Brenda Lee Eager-There aint no way

Only 2 days to go...things really hotting up!

Chris

Hi Chris

Thanks for the offer of doing an oldies spot downstairs. I'll put you on early doors. Welcome to the dark side.

Hi Chris & Dave

Won't be able to make the Dab tomorrow due to a prior engagement, we will catch you both next time.

Have armed Mr Hampsey with a tasty little number for you and your audience's delectation, just ask him if he can play the Spoon'swhistling.gif

Regards

Dave & Louise

No worries Guys, looking forward to Daves spot later in the year.

Sean, timings will look something like this...

8.30- 10.00 Dave and possibly a bit of Chris.

10.00- 11.00 Keith

11.00-12.00 Sean

12.00-1.30 Chris and probably a bit of Dave.

Chris

err you not thinking of a practise run up stairs first are you before you go back in timewhistling

Thanks for that Guys, would love to see you joining us again sometime soon.

Meanwhile all roads lead to Nantwich tonight for the First anniversary special. Expecting another fantastic turnout for this special night. I`ll also be spinning a few tunes downstairs in the oldies room early doors...quite looking forward to that actually!

Weather you can make it tonight or not Dave and I would like to thank everyone who has supported Dab in the last 12 months and for making it the success it is. As I have said prevuiously we have an awesome line-up for every event in 2010, next month we welcome Barry Maleady and all the way from Germany Lars Bulheim. Lars is probably the number one crossover DJ in mainland Europe and its an honour to have him fly into the UK especially to DJ at "A Dab of Soul"

Thanks again,

Chris