Tracks That Just Make People Smile

• Replies 170
  • Views 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

For last last summer . Its jaunty thing , his accent (not to mention the crushed velvet suit) the soaring strings and its optimism and groovyness - Vigon : Baby your time is my time -

Social source share

Guest proudlove

C'mon let's paaaarty........

Ian D biggrin.gif

Good shout----------the dogs have just looked at me as if I'm a loony dad dancing to this..................................................

Social source share

Can't believe nobody has mentioned "Happy"-William Bell

Could somebody please do the honours and post it up...Maybe Ian D or MBarrett??

Thanks a miliion!!! thumbup.gif

I was just thinking of this and of The Temprees 'At Last' both great bouncy tunes.....

Social source share

Guest MBarrett

Can't believe nobody has mentioned "Happy"-William Bell

Could somebody please do the honours and post it up...Maybe Ian D or MBarrett??

Thanks a miliion!!! :shhh:

My pleasure!

The original

and an updated version courtesy of Mr Levine.

MB

Social source share

Guest dicklincoln72

Jeff Perry " Love Don't Come No Stronger" I thought I had posted a clip of this but nothing happened? Guess I need some help, still this one just gets my feet tapping and sounds as fresh as it did when I first bought it 35 years ago. It should have been a massive hit.

Social source share

Guest mickeyb

Me too,love it as well!Feel good tune if ever there was one :thumbup:

Great tune - memory is not what it was, but wasn't "Don't leave me this way" also on this album. Was a bit surprised when it was played at Wigan ( coulda been Thelma Houston?).

Big smiley tune for me is "Stoned out of my mind" The Chilites - " I was just a back street driver in the car of love.............." classic.

Bit of topic - but Shades of Rhythm "Sound of Eden" anyone?:yes:

Social source share

Kin loved Shades Of Rhythmn...that made me smile a lot...but not as much as Rozalla's Everybodys Free in a massive marquet in Scotland in 91 and crying with happiness as l danced to it...Mind you those tablets!! :rolleyes:

Anther recording that gives me great pleasure , and just hearing the intro is guaranteed to make me smile ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqCE1gvQg14

Malc Burton

Social source share

As a 15 year old Londoner 1year away from discovering the magical scene that was going on up t'north

This was the tune that had us tearing up the youth club and school disco floors.

Tom The Peeper - Act 1 - Spring

Still makes me smile & sing along.

Thought it was longer though ?

TTP - Massive tune on holiday in Majorca in '74 thumbsup.gif

Anyone who's got this on Spring, or Mercury (UK), and never flipped it over "Goodbye Love (We're Through)" great soulfull song, completely different to "TTP" thumbup.gif . Had this 35 years and can't remember ever having listened to the flip. Just goes to show you should always give both sides a spin!

Edited by Stubbsy
Social source share

Youth club special....looking at the posts on this thread, even the mainstream charts were ace in the 70's for soul music, we never had it so good.

Edited by isis
Social source share

Guest mickeyb

Kin loved Shades Of Rhythmn...that made me smile a lot...but not as much as Rozalla's Everybodys Free in a massive marquet in Scotland in 91 and crying with happiness as l danced to it...Mind you those tablets!! thumbup.gif

How many of us had a second childhood (second wind?) with House? Would Wigan have worked with those tablets?thumbup.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert