Pete S

• Replies 60
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

It never ceases to amaze me what some people try to sell on ebay - so I thought I;d try and find the ugliest specimens, here's one to start...

https://cgi.ebay.com/...=item53dee37b3b

Pete ,i'm sure your well aware of the condition of a lot of Jamaican records on the bay

https://cgi.ebay.com/ska-JACKIE-OPEL-rocking-chair-SKATALITES-CSDODD-listen_W0QQitemZ200423493277QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Records?hash=item2eaa2bce9d

unless we are only doing soul ,then this takes some beating .....or should that be "has taken some beating"biggrin.gif

Social source share

Pete ,i'm sure your well aware of the condition of a lot of Jamaican records on the bay

https://cgi.ebay.com/ska-JACKIE-OPEL-rocking-chair-SKATALITES-CSDODD-listen_W0QQitemZ200423493277QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Records?hash=item2eaa2bce9d

unless we are only doing soul ,then this takes some beating .....or should that be "has taken some beating"biggrin.gif

That is hideous but it should only be soul records which originally had pristine labels, I've got a few hundred of those Jamaican blanks and they really do look and smell terrible!

Social source share

Can't believe it went for $373!!

I'd be afraid to put that one in with the rest of mine.....might scratch up the other records:lol:

This is one of the most famous US garage 45s, as iconic to that scene as Frank Wilson, JD Bryant on Shrine, or Junior McCants "Try Me" are to US Northern Soul 45s.

Be that as it may, the record does not play through and the winner was an infamous collector known as the 'Caveman', someone whose thinking is rather diminutive to their wallet size....

Getting back to my first sentence, if a copy of one of the three records I mentioned, or a similar item came up for sale, an unplayable copy, I wonder what it would sell for.....g.gif

Social source share

Guest Polyvelts

Talking of jamaican vinyl, my mate had a red vinyl that looked like it had been melted in the dutchie pot and believe it or not had a piece of straw in the vinyl sticking out both sides !! Wish I had a photo !!! :shhh:

Social source share

This is one of the most famous US garage 45s, as iconic to that scene as Frank Wilson, JD Bryant on Shrine, or Junior McCants "Try Me" are to US Northern Soul 45s.

Be that as it may, the record does not play through and the winner was an infamous collector known as the 'Caveman', someone whose thinking is rather diminutive to their wallet size....

Getting back to my first sentence, if a copy of one of the three records I mentioned, or a similar item came up for sale, an unplayable copy, I wonder what it would sell for.....g.gif

Social source share

I think I just don't have enough money to understand. I feel bad spending $150 on a VG- record no matter how rare or expensive a minter is. It's all about having a nice copy for me.

I suppose once you've collected enough then there's nothing left to collect and you might be willing to drop some dough just for a token.

I too am curious to see what a cracked FW would bring in. :shhh:

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!