Sugar Bear "i Love You So" On Drells

Guest Demotron

Guest Demotron

Hi,

Looking for the Sugar Bear 45 "I Love You So" b/w I got What you've Been Looking For" on Drells

Anybody?

markus . karlqvist gmail.com

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 13
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Just curious... how did you hear of this record? For a long time (about 10 years), I thought I had the only known copy.

This is something that's always puzzled me... how can someone assume they have the only known copy of a record? Does it involve asking every collector you know, and even then reckoning that there aren't other collectors out there who might have it? Not having a pop, just genuinely curious what the parameters of "one known copy" are... especially now that this "only known copy" seems to be up to five now... thumbsup.gif

Social source share

This is something that's always puzzled me... how can someone assume they have the only known copy of a record? Does it involve asking every collector you know, and even then reckoning that there aren't other collectors out there who might have it? Not having a pop, just genuinely curious what the parameters of "one known copy" are... especially now that this "only known copy" seems to be up to five now... :shades:

Yes, it involves asking every collector you know, trawling old lists, etc. I must have put it on tapes, minidisc, and CD for dozens of people over the years, and this is the first I've heard of anyone else having it. I've spoken to many people more knowledgeable than I who had never seen or heard of it, so I assumed it was pretty obscure. I still think it's very obscure and very rare. When the Ovide load was found about 15 years ago, the only Drells label release that turned up was the Cold Four. And in all the years I've spent tracking down and interviewing the members of the TSU Toronados, the record has only popped up once, and I bought it. I'm happy to hear that there are more copies about, as it means the likelihood of exposure is greater. I think I had the first copy of Two Plus Two on Velgo to turn up as well, and since then a few more have turned up, but it's still a very rare record.

Social source share