New Century Soul Manchester Allnighter

Guest Chris Waterman

Guest Chris Waterman

Hi All

Well its that time again when I need to get the info out, about our next MANCHESTER three room allnighter. This months main room guests are Roger Banks, Dave Ferguson and Ginger Taylor and keeping with Kev's policy of giving an opportunity to lesser know DJ's, he has given this months opening slot to Jimmy Cowburn.

The second room see's the return of Hoss Watson's Rhythm & Blues suite and again we have Sean and the guys doing their Modern thing in room three, with the Soul Or Nothing gang taking over at 3am

So If any of the above floats your boat we will be in Manchester from 8pm on Saturday 30th of January at Radcliffe Civic suite were we will again try to give you a nights entertainment, or maybe the Birthday bumps if your your surname begins with C and you live in Manchester or Southampton!!

post-900-1262694840145_thumb.jpg

Radcliffe Civic Suite,

Thomas Street

Radcliffe,

MANCHESTER,

M26 2UH

8pm til 7am

Main Hall

Andy Dyson, Kev Murphy, Steve Thomas, Bob Hinsley, Ginger Taylor, Les Harrison, Jimmy Cowburn, Roger Banks and Dave Ferguson

Room Two

Steve 'Hoss' Watson's Rhythm & Blues Suite

DJ's Steve Tuck, Rob Savetz, Steve Hiscock, Roger Banks, Bob Morris and Hoss

Room Tree

After Hours modern soul Classics: 10pm til 3am

Sean Livesey, Neil Rushton, Steve Woomble and Guest

Soul Or Nothing: 3am til 7am

Steve Cato, Big George, Wayne Dearman and Steve Csordas

£10 OTD with a £3 refund if you wish to leave before 3am

Info Contact Chris 07737 341585 Or Via our website www.newcenturysoul.co.uk

Edited by Chris Waterman
  • Replies 67
  • Views 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Good news Chris,count me in again..........i love it

I just hope the ice & snow has gone by then.......but ill come anyway

Toby(part time northerner)..

hatsoff2.gif HOWDY DUDES............

WOT U MEEN A NUVA ONE ??? TUK ME 3 DAYS TO GET OVA THE LAST UN......Phew..

CUDN,T REMEMBER WHO I CUM UM WIV,,ONNY TOBY..GUD GEEZA..WEN I GROW UP I WANNA BE LIKE HIM.......HA...shades.gif

WHO WOZ THE WENCH LN THE CAR,,,SEEMED ALRIGHT..SHUT UP WEN WE TOLD EER,,SPOKE WEN WE TOLD EER..LIKE WOMEN LIKE THAT..DO U ...boxing.gif

ANNY WAY..CRAKIN NITE..SOUND SYSTEMS WORK GREAT,IF YOU STOP MESSIN WIV THE NOBBS..EVEN I NO THAT...BEING AN OUT OF WORK; DJ. HA.

WELL DUDES SEE YA AT THE NEXT ONE..OOOHHH WOTS THAT PIC OF ME DOIN ? IT SURELY WOR DANCIN OR SPINNIN....WOZ IT ?

NAAAAHHHH....ANYWAY ALL OF ME FANS AND 2 OF SHORNY,S WILL BE AT SOUTHPORT;;15TH JAN....CUS WEEER BLOODY DJ,IN.. AY WEE...

TEK NOTE CHRIS..........WEEV DUN BURNLEY,,NOW THE WORLD WE CONKER. LUV YA ALL..Kenny H.."BURT" XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

post-11211-12627226751545_thumb.jpg

Guest Chris Waterman

hatsoff2.gif HOWDY DUDES............

WOT U MEEN A NUVA ONE ??? TUK ME 3 DAYS TO GET OVA THE LAST UN......Phew..

CUDN,T REMEMBER WHO I CUM UM WIV,,ONNY TOBY..GUD GEEZA..WEN I GROW UP I WANNA BE LIKE HIM.......HA...shades.gif

WHO WOZ THE WENCH LN THE CAR,,,SEEMED ALRIGHT..SHUT UP WEN WE TOLD EER,,SPOKE WEN WE TOLD EER..LIKE WOMEN LIKE THAT..DO U ...boxing.gif

ANNY WAY..CRAKIN NITE..SOUND SYSTEMS WORK GREAT,IF YOU STOP MESSIN WIV THE NOBBS..EVEN I NO THAT...BEING AN OUT OF WORK; DJ. HA.

WELL DUDES SEE YA AT THE NEXT ONE..OOOHHH WOTS THAT PIC OF ME DOIN ? IT SURELY WOR DANCIN OR SPINNIN....WOZ IT ?

NAAAAHHHH....ANYWAY ALL OF ME FANS AND 2 OF SHORNY,S WILL BE AT SOUTHPORT;;15TH JAN....CUS WEEER BLOODY DJ,IN.. AY WEE...

TEK NOTE CHRIS..........WEEV DUN BURNLEY,,NOW THE WORLD WE CONKER. LUV YA ALL..Kenny H.."BURT" XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

post-11211-12627226751545_thumb.jpg

Hi Kenny

Sorry for the delay in replying to your post highlighted above, but after about 20 mins I gave up trying to decipher it and used the translation button in the menu next to the emoticons, well I have taken note and will pass on your details to our bookers Messrs Dyson and Murphy and I am sure they will be in touch, may even catch up in Southport

Best

Chris W

Hi Kenny

Sorry for the delay in replying to your post highlighted above, but after about 20 mins I gave up trying to decipher it and used the translation button in the menu next to the emoticons, well I have taken note and will pass on your details to our bookers Messrs Dyson and Murphy and I am sure they will be in touch, may even catch up in Southport

Best

Chris W

STARTING TO GET PLANS IN ACTION FOR THIS , IT,LL SOON COME AROUND !! MAKE NOTE TO MYSELF "DON,T LET TAT HAVE THE MINI BUS KEYS LOL

STEVE T

Hi All

Well its that time again when I need to get the info out, about our next MANCHESTER three room allnighter. This months main room guests are Roger Banks, Dave Ferguson and Ginger Taylor and keeping with Kev's policy of giving an opportunity to lesser know DJ's, he has given this months opening slot to Jimmy Cowburn.

The second room see's the return of Hoss Watson's Rhythm & Blues suite and again we have Sean and the guys doing their Modern thing in room three, with the Soul Or Nothing gang taking over at 3am

So If any of the above floats your boat we will be in Manchester from 8pm on Saturday 30th of January at Radcliffe Civic suite were we will again try to give you a nights entertainment, or maybe the Birthday bumps if your your surname begins with C and you live in Manchester or Southampton!!

Radcliffe Civic Suite,

Thomas Street

Radcliffe,

MANCHESTER,

M26 2UH

8pm til 7am

Main Hall

Andy Dyson, Kev Murphy, Steve Thomas, Bob Hinsley, Ginger Taylor, Les Harrison, Jimmy Cowburn, Roger Banks and Dave Ferguson

Room Two

Room Tree

Chris. My surname begins with S and i,m to young for birthday bumps shades.gif But will be there again ( work permiting )coz the last one was BRILL thumbup.gif

Steve

Hi Chris

Had more folk asking for details for travel to Radcliffe from Manchester City center, more and more choose to get hotels in the city and travel or come into Manchester by train into Piccadilly and Victoria..

maybe some basic taxi info to and from Radcliffe plus the metro of course..

Had a few asking me in pms..

cheers

Guest stash313

You'll be glad to know that the snow is beginning to melt in North Manchester which means none of this palava again trying to reach the car park with all my records!

th_sciare-altabadia.jpg

Edited by stash313
Guest Chris Waterman

Hi Chris

Had more folk asking for details for travel to Radcliffe from Manchester City center, more and more choose to get hotels in the city and travel or come into Manchester by train into Piccadilly and Victoria..

cheers

Info for anyone looking to use the Metro Link tram service from Manchester city centre to Radcliffe

Trams run every 15mins on a Saturday night, you need to get on the Bury line at Piccadilly Gardens or Victoria

Last tram form Piccadilly Gardens is 12:47am and is 13 stops from Radcliffe

Last tram from Victoria is 12:55 and is 10 stops from Radcliffe

The cost is £3.50 for a single fare and the journey time is approx 25mins

Once you arrive at Radcliffe tram terminal the venue is 1/3 of a mile away (5 mins walk)

Sunday morning trams run from 7am and are every 12 mins so most of the above, but in reverse.

Will get some taxi cost up shortly

Best

Chris W

Guest stash313

Just an add onto what Chris has put up in regards of The Trams accomodation wise there's plenty around the North Manchester area. I posted this on Boxing Day but its obviously worth another look if you're planning on staying over.

Lots of people have been asking me about local hotel's. The venue is located 5 minutes from junction 17 of the M60 and has a decent range of hotels close by.

Depending on budget there are lots of options -

PREMIER INN - PRESTWICH

Manchester (Prestwich)

Distance: 2.1 miles Bury New Road, Prestwich,

Greater Manchester M25 3AJ, United Kingdom

£54.00

PREMIER INN - MIDDLETON

Manchester North (Middleton)

Distance: 4.8 miles 818 Manchester Old Road, Rhodes, Middleton,

Manchester M24 4RF, United Kingdom

£52.00

PREMIER INN - HEATON PARK

Manchester (Heaton Park)

Distance: 5.6 miles Middleton Road, Crumpsall,

Manchester M8 4NB, United Kingdom

£48.00

TRAVEL LODGE - BURY

2.4 miles away from M26

£47.00

Fairways Lodge and Hotel - Prestwich

4.0 miles away from M26

Best western Bolholt Hotel - Bury

4.5 miles away from M26

Village Hotel & Leisure Club - Bury

4.8 miles away from M26

Hawthorn Hotel - Radcliffe

https://www.hawthornhotel.co.uk/

(The closest of all the hotels, located on Stand Lane close to the Centre of Radcliffe. If you're feeling fit a quick ten minute walk to the venue.)

Also if you're making a weekend of it plenty of high quality accomodation in Manchester City Centre and Radcliffe is easily accessible from the City Centre with The Tram.

Guest stash313

Details of our next installment of 'After Hours' at New Century Soul Manchester

We return for our third edition of 'After Hours' on January 30th with a very special line up and a very special night, Neil Rushton celebrates a large birthday milestone that night and while we won't reveal his age we can reveal that he'll be celebrating in style at Radcliffe.

Along with myself and Steve Woomble for support Neil will be playing a specially extended set covering his time as a DJ, revisiting his collection along with all of his current favourites. With Neil's blend of Soulful House and classic Modern selections along with a smattering of Jazz Funk it makes for a top night.

'After Hours' A night of Classic Modern Soul with DJ's: Neil Rushton, Steve Woomble & Sean Livesey ... 10pm - 3am

Guest soul4life

Details of our next installment of 'After Hours' at New Century Soul Manchester

We return for our third edition of 'After Hours' on January 30th with a very special line up and a very special night, Neil Rushton celebrates a large birthday milestone that night and while we won't reveal his age we can reveal that he'll be celebrating in style at Radcliffe.

Along with myself and Steve Woomble for support Neil will be playing a specially extended set covering his time as a DJ, revisiting his collection along with all of his current favourites. With Neil's blend of Soulful House and classic Modern selections along with a smattering of Jazz Funk it makes for a top night.

'After Hours' A night of Classic Modern Soul with DJ's: Neil Rushton, Steve Woomble & Sean Livesey ... 10pm - 3am

hi ya sean, looking like a great nite! me & jaks aswell as dave & lou will be there...thanx! again mate.

regards terry:thumbup:

Guest stash313

hi ya sean, looking like a great nite! me & jaks aswell as dave & lou will be there...thanx! again mate.

regards terrythumbup.gif

Good stuff Terry, sounding good to me mate.

Should be a cracking nite now the sound is sorted! ;-)

See you there.

Ok the Cheshire possee, moi, Rachl and Cat... are all geed up for this one....Jayne if you end up behind that bar yet again (and hopefully that will be a resounding NO!!!) make sure that that bar is well stocked!!

:ohmy::wave:

Edited by Reg

Looking forward to this :ohmy:

Couldn't make Boxing day, but the first one was certainly a-buzzin in the modern room... And all the other rooms for that matter! :wave:

Can't wait!

(And can I please request in advance that the red half of the manchester crowd be gentle with me after this forthcoming saturday's result at Old Trafford. I fear the worst. Thank you)

Guest stash313

Looking forward to this thumbsup.gif

Couldn't make Boxing day, but the first one was certainly a-buzzin in the modern room... And all the other rooms for that matter! thumbup.gif

Can't wait!

(And can I please request in advance that the red half of the manchester crowd be gentle with me after this forthcoming saturday's result at Old Trafford. I fear the worst. Thank you)

Looking forward to having you over again Steve, oh and on the Old Trafford thing if its anything like us back in December it will be painful, very painful.

:-)

Guest chorleybloke

Hi Chris

cheers

Not been here before and looks like lots of mates will be there from the sound of it so just booked flights from the not-quite-as-cold-as-UK south of France. Look forward to catching up.

Cheers....

Pete

Not been here before and looks like lots of mates will be there from the sound of it so just booked flights from the not-quite-as-cold-as-UK south of France. Look forward to catching up.

Cheers....

Pete

Will be good to catch up Pete, we will have a real international jet setter joining us :thumbup: ... Let us know what time you get into Manchester Pete, send me a pm, can meet up if you like and travel up together with a crowd...

From Perth to Radcliffe... Sounds like a song by the Proclaimers...

Guest chorleybloke

Will be good to catch up Pete, we will have a real international jet setter joining us hatsoff2.gif ... Let us know what time you get into Manchester Pete, send me a pm, can meet up if you like and travel up together with a crowd...

From Perth to Radcliffe... Sounds like a song by the Proclaimers...

That would be great thanks Steve, I'll be in Manchester sometime mid afternoon - you still on the same mobile no?

Cheers

Pete

Good stuff Terry, sounding good to me mate.

Should be a cracking nite now the sound is sorted! ;-)

See you there.

Hi Sean :wave:

Im glad you've got the sound sorted in that little room . We can now hear them quality spins for the full duration rather than the Norman Collier moments :laugh: & the complete cut outs :sad:

Crikey ! :ohmy: You, Neil & Steve back together. Gonna be just as messy good as the August one, if not better :thumbup: .... Cant wait !!

See ya there thumbsup.gif

Ali x

Guest stash313

Hi Sean wave.gif

Im glad you've got the sound sorted in that little room . We can now hear them quality spins for the full duration rather than the Norman Collier moments laugh.gif & the complete cut outs sad.gif

Crikey ! ohmy.gif You, Neil & Steve back together. Gonna be just as messy good as the August one, if not better thumbup.gif .... Cant wait !!

See ya there thumbsup.gif

Ali x

Yes Hun,

New sound system means that we can finally get going... yes.gif

I know the three of us back together, and with it being Neil's birthday.

Well I'll leave the rest up to your imagination!

Guest chorleybloke

Hi All

Radcliffe Civic Suite,

Thomas Street

Radcliffe,

MANCHESTER,

M26 2UH

8pm til 7am

Main Hall

Room Two

Room Tree

Just like to add what a breath of fresh air offering a DJ spot to young Jimmy Cowburn, this is surely the way forward for the NS scene, a bloke who wasn't even born when I was zooming around Mr M's with his relation and my good friend Billy Vosper. In 10 years' time when we're all cabbaged these blokes will be the flag bearers so get there early so he's not playing to an empty floor.thumbsup.gif

Cheers

Pete

Hi Chris

cheers

Live in Bury about 2 miles from Radcliffe civic,

Run a taxi co. Placetakers 0161 705 2080

Mother in law runs a B&B 2 miles from The Civic Hall,Just a basic B&B

The Staff Of Life,Manchester Rd,Bury 0161 764 6246 ask for Jean,Tell her I gave you the number,

About £20 for bnb per person

Hope that helps

Grant

Pm me if you want more info

Edited by grantdyche

Live in Bury about 2 miles from Radcliffe civic,

Run a taxi co. Placetakers 0161 705 2080

Mother in law runs a B&B 2 miles from The Civic Hall,Just a basic B&B

The Staff Of Life,Manchester Rd,Bury 0161 764 6246 ask for Jean,Tell her I gave you the number,

About £20 for bnb per person

Hope that helps

Grant

Pm me if you want more info

Cheers Grant

All info will help... We had trouble getting cabs in the morning.. I am sure some would take advantage on the Bnb, sounds ideal...

Guest Chris Waterman

Hi All

NCS are pleased to say we have added Sean Haydon (SHorny) to Saturdays main room line up, have heard Sean play out a couple of times and I am sure he will add a nice little twist to the quality of the line up,

Also we are bringing in NEW p.a. for the main, modern and SON rooms and we are sure this will sort the gremlins which have caused you and us concern at last event.

On a seperate issue, Saturday we will have tickets on sale for the Stafford 25 year Reunion, just ask for info at the front of house.

Will post up DJ times later this week

Best

Chris W

Guest Sean Haydon

Hi All

NCS are pleased to say we have added Sean Haydon (SHorny) to Saturdays main room line up, have heard Sean play out a couple of times and I am sure he will add a nice little twist to the quality of the line up,

Also we are bringing in NEW p.a. for the main, modern and SON rooms and we are sure this will sort the gremlins which have caused you and us concern at last event.

On a seperate issue, Saturday we will have tickets on sale for the Stafford 25 year Reunion, just ask for info at the front of house.

Will post up DJ times later this week

Best

Chris W

Hi Chris, Many thanks for giving me the opportunity to play at your great venue, an honour to be amongst such highly respected DJ's. As you know I tend towards rare dancers of late but will aim to give something for everyone, mainly underplayed but certainly uptempo. Looks like there's gonna be a strong West Mids crowd for us on Saturday, Can't wait!thumbsup.gif

Hi Chris, Many thanks for giving me the opportunity to play at your great venue, an honour to be amongst such highly respected DJ's. As you know I tend towards rare dancers of late but will aim to give something for everyone, mainly underplayed but certainly uptempo. Looks like there's gonna be a strong West Mids crowd for us on Saturday, Can't wait!:thumbsup:

I for one am looking forward to your spot Shorney :yes:

Guest stash313

DJ Times for 'After Hours' room three:

10-11.00: SEAN LIVESEY

11-12.00: STEVE WOOMBLE

12-2.00: NEIL RUSHTON (Birthday Set)

2 - 3.00: SEAN LIVESEY

Edited by stash313

Looking forward to this big time.

I reckon record of the night will be the amazing Tom Moulton mix of

DON'T TAKE MY LOVE - KINGS GO FORTH (LUAKA BOP 12)

Going to be an all-time anthem...it's amazing to think that Tom Moulton is still going strong so many years after he did his first mix - The Carstrairs "It Really Hurts Me Girl".

As it's my birthday bash have pulled out loas of oldies to play

SAY YOU WILL - EDDIE HENDERSON

TRIED TESTED AND FOUND TRUE (12" PROMO MIX) - ASHFORD & SIMPSON

ALWAYS THERE (US RE-MIX) WILIE BOBO

LOVE WILL BRING US BACK TOGETHER - ROY AYERS

IN TIME - V

ONLY YOU (EXTEDED DISCO RE-MIX) - TEDDY PENDEGRASS

SOMETHING'S GOING ON (CLUB REmix) - WILL DOWNING

IT'S ECSTACY WHEN YOU LAY DOWN NEXT TO ME - BARRY WHITE

WHATCHA GONNA DO WITH MY LOVIN' (KEVIN McCORD REMIX) - INNER CITY

INNERSIDE (RON TRENT'S VERSION) - SHAZZ

MY BABY'S GOT ESP - FOUR BELOW ZERO

GET INTO YOUR LIFE - BELOYD

BIYO - EARTH, WIND & FIRE

YOU'RE GONNA GET NEXT TO ME - B0 & RUTH (MANCESTER RTIZ ALL-DAYER MEMORIES)

A BETTER WORLD - AGEHA FEATUIRNG JOCELYN BROWN & LOLEATTA HOLLOWAY

THE WORD IS LOVE - STEVE "SILK" HURLEY & THE VOICES OF LIFE FEAT. SHARON PASS

AND LOADS OF NEW STUFF TO PLAY TOO!

All the Best,

Neil

Hi Chris, Many thanks for giving me the opportunity to play at your great venue, an honour to be amongst such highly respected DJ's. As you know I tend towards rare dancers of late but will aim to give something for everyone, mainly underplayed but certainly uptempo. Looks like there's gonna be a strong West Mids crowd for us on Saturday, Can't wait!thumbsup.gif

NICE ONE SHORNEY ....LOOKING FORWARD TO IT EVEN MORE NOW ..... !!

MR CHRIS ...CAN YOU BOOK THE TAFFYS TABLE TA MATE ...FULL BUS 15 ,

MR T

Guest lifted my feet

Chris,

Supreb venue, good people, great music......but .....please, please, please sort out that sound system in the main room and room 3!

Boxing day night '09 sounded as if there is no bass coming from the sound system in the main room and room 3 it stopped working on serveral occations.

Its not a rant......i'm trying to give positive feed back.

Thanks

Lifted My Feet

x

Guest Sean Haydon

Chris,

Supreb venue, good people, great music......but .....please, please, please sort out that sound system in the main room and room 3!

Boxing day night '09 sounded as if there is no bass coming from the sound system in the main room and room 3 it stopped working on serveral occations.

Its not a rant......i'm trying to give positive feed back.

Thanks

Lifted My Feet

x

Quote from Chris's previous post.

Also we are bringing in NEW p.a. for the main, modern and SON rooms and we are sure this will sort the gremlins which have caused you and us concern at last event

See you Saturday

Sean

Hi All

Radcliffe Civic Suite,

Thomas Street

Radcliffe,

MANCHESTER,

M26 2UH

8pm til 7am

Main Hall

Room Two

Room Tree

RIGHTY HO ,BEEN AWAY FOR A FEW DAYS WILL SPEAK TO KEV AND GET THE MAIN ROOM TIMES UP TOMORROW..

ALL ROADS SHOULD LEAD TO MANCHESTER SATURDAY NITE ,AS PER USUAL ALL WELCOME - POP ALONG YOU NEVER KNOW WHO MIGHT TURN UP....

Guest stash313

Looking forward to this big time.

I reckon record of the night will be the amazing Tom Moulton mix of

DON'T TAKE MY LOVE - KINGS GO FORTH (LUAKA BOP 12)

Going to be an all-time anthem...it's amazing to think that Tom Moulton is still going strong so many years after he did his first mix - The Carstrairs "It Really Hurts Me Girl".

As it's my birthday bash have pulled out loas of oldies to play

SAY YOU WILL - EDDIE HENDERSON

TRIED TESTED AND FOUND TRUE (12" PROMO MIX) - ASHFORD & SIMPSON

ALWAYS THERE (US RE-MIX) WILIE BOBO

LOVE WILL BRING US BACK TOGETHER - ROY AYERS

IN TIME - V

ONLY YOU (EXTEDED DISCO RE-MIX) - TEDDY PENDEGRASS

SOMETHING'S GOING ON (CLUB REmix) - WILL DOWNING

IT'S ECSTACY WHEN YOU LAY DOWN NEXT TO ME - BARRY WHITE

WHATCHA GONNA DO WITH MY LOVIN' (KEVIN McCORD REMIX) - INNER CITY

INNERSIDE (RON TRENT'S VERSION) - SHAZZ

MY BABY'S GOT ESP - FOUR BELOW ZERO

GET INTO YOUR LIFE - BELOYD

BIYO - EARTH, WIND & FIRE

YOU'RE GONNA GET NEXT TO ME - B0 & RUTH (MANCESTER RTIZ ALL-DAYER MEMORIES)

A BETTER WORLD - AGEHA FEATUIRNG JOCELYN BROWN & LOLEATTA HOLLOWAY

THE WORD IS LOVE - STEVE "SILK" HURLEY & THE VOICES OF LIFE FEAT. SHARON PASS

AND LOADS OF NEW STUFF TO PLAY TOO!

All the Best,

Neil

Looking good Mr Rushton,

Should be an excellent night with selections like that.

Looking forward to seeing you!