Charity Northern Soul Night. Metrodome Barnsley . Saturday 27Th February 2010.( Help Wanted)

• Replies 206
  • Views 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Hi Casper

Looking forward to seeing you always a good night when we all get together on the soul scene , one big happy family. Will also be nice to see team Al with lee and Kathy the birthday Girl . come lets party.

Just a little note to say we will be at the Butlins Skegness weekender this weekend with Elnel, Jean, Dave Raistrick, Donna, Barney, Angie, Shaz, Bernie, Di , just to name a few. If you wish to purchase a ticket for the Metrodome please feel free just to ask or you can pay on the door £4.

Looking forward to a great weekend and then onto a great night on the 27th and a few more in between.

Have a great weekend where ever you all are. Take care

Yocky and Jx

Yes indeedy were at Buttlins this coming weekend so look out for flyers on your tables and prepare to be gobsmacked at the amount of tallent we have in store for this do and all the do,s to follow at the metrodome ,if you want tickets ime the exeptionaly good looking dude with the balld head .xxhatsoff2.gif

Yes indeedy were at Buttlins this coming weekend so look out for flyers on your tables and prepare to be gobsmacked at the amount of tallent we have in store for this do and all the do,s to follow at the metrodome ,if you want tickets ime the exeptionaly good looking dude with the balld head .xx:hatsoff2:

Well Nel what about thr rare crossover strides you wear. You can also get tickets off Nels Twin (not bold) but has a number 1 all over, lol jx

Yes ive got some new kecks ,not only am i dashingly handsome ime allso distinguished in the trouser department . see ya tomorow ime feeling very giddy now .xx:thumbup:

Yes ive got some new kecks ,not only am i dashingly handsome ime allso distinguished in the trouser department . see ya tomorow ime feeling very giddy now .xxthumbup.gif

Sorry to pull you up my mate , but for a man noted for his tailored style and respectability , that

" Kecks " are underpants , and trousers are " strides " .

Deduction of five points for this faux pas :thumbsup: .

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton

thank you malc my learned friend ,but the point is i have new underpants and new trousers ,can i have my points back please sir xxhatsoff2.gif

Oh go on then .

When I were a lad , the only reason you got new underpants and trousers was because it was Whitsuntide :yes: ......

Seethi at T'Metrodome if I dunt sithee before :thumbsup:

Malc Burton

Oh go on then .

When I were a lad , the only reason you got new underpants and trousers was because it was Whitsuntide :D ......

Seethi at T'Metrodome if I dunt sithee before thumbsup.gif

Malc Burton

Look forward to seeing you at the Metrodome for the charity event Malc fortunatly or unfortunatly i am know off to spend a full weekend with el nel and his new kecks it dunt come much better:hatsoff2: anyone going to Butlins this weekend who would like tickets come up and ask us(yockys the one DJing at midnight saturday same time as eddie holman comes on in centre stage:no: )but thats life hope you all have a good soulfull weekend were ever you are going all the best Yocky and Joy:good:

:thumbup:Just got back from a great weekend at butlins ,and the new trousers went down a storm especialy with the gay comunity but ill say no more about that . loads and loads of intrest in this do at the metrodome so all signs are pointing to a packer xx

Had a great time at Skegness Butlins just coming round to normality I think. The Metrodome now have tickets on their system and are now on sale they have confirmed today. Had lots of donations and ticket purchases while at Butlins ( think this is going to bigger than we thought. ) Bring it on that's what we say. Really looking forward it this and thank you everyone for all you kind support it's been over whelming. See you all on the 27th.

Jx and Yocky

Confirmed DJs for the R&B room so far are:

Hoss - Big daft beer swillin Geordie who plays no-nonesense in your face uptempo R&B.

Graham 'The Rabbi' Wright - Resident DJ at Sheffields 'Moke' who has a playbox rammed with big hitters and popular classics.

Two more guests to be confirmed, plus yours truly.

Last two DJs confirmed - Back Beats very own Kev Drage and the R&B Sheriff of Nottingham Roger Banks.

Last two DJs confirmed - Back Beats very own Kev Drage and the R&B Sheriff of Nottingham Roger Banks.

bloody hell Joe you said you would provide us with a fantastic line up but we never imagined this good many many thanks for all your contributions to our charity event and we cant wait now for the 27th cheers mate Yocky & Joy.:hatsoff2:

bloody hell Joe you said you would provide us with a fantastic line up but we never imagined this good many many thanks for all your contributions to our charity event and we cant wait now for the 27th cheers mate Yocky & Joy.hatsoff2.gif

Looks like everythings falling into place nicely now, great line-up Joethumbsup.gif

Could be a contender for 'event of the year'

M.

Yorkshire Air Ambulance and Sick Childrens Holiday Home, Charity Northern Soul Night.

Barnsley Metrodome S70 1AN

27th February 2010

7pm till 2am Tickets £4 each or Pay On The Door.

4 ROOMS:

ARENA 1

Northern Soul and Motown

DJ's

Mick H, Nige Brown, John Poole, Pete Eccles, Ian Gee, Smudge Smith, Barry Holland, Richard Cryer, Dougie Leek,

Resident DJ's Elnel and Alex

STUDIO 1

Chillout Room

DJ's

Andy Tats Taylor, Sean Hampsey, Sam Evans, Andy Basket, Russ Steel, Mick Cooper, Bri and Dave Pinches.

Resident DJ's Mark and Geordie

STUDIO 2

RnB Room

Hosted by:

Joe Dutton and The Back Beat Boys.

DJ's Hoss, Roger Banks, Kev Drage, and Graham "The Rabbi" Wright

ROOM 4 The Rigby Suite

Club Classic's

DJ's Derek Greenhoff, John Simms, Sam Evans, Paul Winton, Johnny Wood.

Hosted by Yocky and Steve White BBC Radio Sheffield.

As you are aware we can all be in need of Hospital treatment at some point. When time is of the essence Yorkshire Air Ambulance is the service which can get us there on the most direct route, and the quickest time. Unfortunately this service is supported by charitable funding, and we are sure this is a worthy cause to support.

The Sick Childrens Holiday Home is also a charity which helps sick children and their families have a much needed break. Yet again this is all supported by charitable donations.

This is why we have chosen these two worthy charities for our event. We would like to thank all of you that will support this event, we are sure you will have a fantastic night of entertainment. Barnsley Premier Leisure have kindly donated the whole use of the Metrodome for this event, all the DJ's have given all their time free,and John Simms has provided the sounds systems free too, we thank them all from the bottom of our hearts for making this event possible.

HELP PLEASE.

Any Soul Club or individuals who would like to help these 2 worthy causes in anyway will be gratefully recieved. We will be having a wall of fame, and all donations will be on The Soul Wall of Fame.

Please feel free to contact us by pm's.

Many thanks YOCKY & Jx.

Just updated the DJ listing. Although I say it myself That's one line up for a pure night of Soul, Jx

Just updated the DJ listing. Although I say it myself That's one line up for a pure night of Soul, Jx

You do not have to say it yourself , as i will join you in agreement :thumbsup:

Malc Burton

Interest growing and growing ,looks like being a monster of a night xx

just finished eating the half-a-hundredweight of pure Barnsley Black Pudding Joy and Yocks brought me to Butlins!!!!!

If i can manage to get my now perfectly rotund belly into a pair of shorts i'll be there!

(good job there's a fortnight to go because the tub of dripping on toast is still kicking in!!!) :thumbup:good.gif

just finished eating the half-a-hundredweight of pure Barnsley Black Pudding Joy and Yocks brought me to Butlins!!!!!

If i can manage to get my now perfectly rotund belly into a pair of shorts i'll be there!

(good job there's a fortnight to go because the tub of dripping on toast is still kicking in!!!) whistling.gifgood.gif

I'll make sure we have a larger area than normal behind the decks then Mick whistling.gif

M.thumbsup.gif

We all know know how bloody painfull a scuffed 12 incher can be ,all the more reason to support the air ambulance eh ,xx:wink:

Since it happened to you my mate , you can get a soothing ointment that when applied , is like the touch from the fingers of an angel , and the said medication was bliss the last time I scuffed my 12 " .

Coops may have a 12 " , but you and me being Yorkshire lads , we have each got a respectable and admirable 35 CM ......

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton

Since it happened to you my mate , you can get a soothing ointment that when applied , is like the touch from the fingers of an angel , and the said medication was bliss the last time I scuffed my 12 " .

Coops may have a 12 " , but you and me being Yorkshire lads , we have each got a respectable and admirable 35 CM ......

Malc Burton

that'll be Gods' own circumfrence then! :thumbup::lol:

i can wax me own 12 incher thank you mush (god knows i've had enough practice!!!!) :hatsoff2:

I trust this is the stuff you use Michael , opting for the third application technique listed on the bottom of he label .......

Malc Burton

post-5097-1266211365909_thumb.jpg

Edited by Malc Burton

Hey Up Soulcrew,

Linda has just got her date through for her Operation....sad.gif Friday 26th February....sad.gif and she'll be in for about 5 days....frusty2.gif

But not to worry....whistling.gif She has just given me permission to still come down to the Metrodome after visiting on Saturday....thumbsup.gif

Weh, Hey...thumbup.gif

See you all there.

KTF............................. Bridgey

I trust this is the stuff you use Michael , opting for the third application technique listed on the bottom of he label .......

Malc Burton

Hi bridgey mate itl be good to see ya again mate ,give our love to linda and wish her a speedy recovery from all the metrodome mob xx

Malc Burton

Hi bridgey mate itl be good to see ya again mate ,give our love to linda and wish her a speedy recovery from all the metrodome mob xx

Hey Up Soulcrew,

Linda has just got her date through for her Operation....:sad: Friday 26th February....:sad: and she'll be in for about 5 days....:frusty2:

But not to worry....whistling She has just given me permission to still come down to the Metrodome after visiting on Saturday....thumbsup.gif

Weh, Hey...:thumbup:

See you all there.

KTF............................. Bridgey

Hi Ian tell Linda we will be thinking and missing her but it will be nice to see you mate take care and see you a week on saturday have a good un in jersey Yocky and Joy.

Ps can we just let every one know you can pay on the door on the night as well as purchase tickets thanks Jx

hello every one have a good time sorry will not be there try next time thumbup.gif

Hi Little Kenny Kit Kat and Caroline Sorry you cannot make it you will be missed. Have a good time where you are going. See you at Skeg Weekender.

Just to say we will be at the Play House in Goldthorpe tonight with Steve White BBC Radio Sheffield, John Kane and Yocky at this marvelous venue . Looks like we are going in force , had quite a few enquiries. We will have tickets for the Metrodome £4.00 or you can pay on the door. Skegeness Weekender Tickets £23.00 and Bridlington Weekender Tickets £20.00. Hope to see you tonight if not have a great night where ever you are.

K.T.F

Yocky and Jx

WITH 4 ROOMS OF SOUL , LOOKS LIKE WERE GOING TO BE SPOILT FOR CHOICE. :shhh:

A LITTLE OF EVERYTHING SEEMS THE ORDER OF THE DAY :yes:

LETS HOPE THERE IS A GOOD TURN OUT AND LOTS OF MONEY RAISED. :thumbup:

PETE

Looking forward to seeing you two . Seems a while since I last saw you. See you on Saturday.

Yocky and Jx

Binging a couple of notts virgins to the metro dome soul crew so watch out for um keep el nel on his lead please whistling.gif you will know um when you see um and nel keep your trousers zipped up been hearing things about you and them bloody trousers they be up and down like a umbrella over the week end skeg Vegas will never be the same remember there virgins im bringing so stay away lol hatsoff2.giflooking forward to seeing you all been ages thumbup.gif

lookin forward to our first visit to the Metrodome. looks like a stormer of a night is on the cards. TOP DJ line up and 4 rooms. sounds good to us ! thumbsup.gif

Will be nice to see you both on Saturday. Thank you for your lovely comments. It's getting very busy now looks like a storming night ahead all for 2 good causes and just as important for everyone to come and have a great time.

Thank you everyone for all your support it has been over whelming.

KTF

Yocky and Jx

Will be nice to see you both on Saturday. Thank you for your lovely comments. It's getting very busy now looks like a storming night ahead all for 2 good causes and just as important for everyone to come and have a great time.

Thank you everyone for all your support it has been over whelming.

KTF

Yocky and Jx

hi soulcrew glad to say we raised £125 quid from the horse & groom crowd

good luck on saturday sorry we cant be there

joe & linda