• Replies 11
  • Views 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Good news.

Despite the weather the anniversary CD will be ready.

I've had 400 done so hopefully no one should be disappointed this time.

Though I say it myself the content is pretty good.

The attached picture is from last years anniversary.

THis time the picture is attached.

First things first, the road conditions around here are now pretty good and for once the council has done a good job with the pavements and car parks.

Secondly the anniversary CDs arrived this morning courtesy of UPS. The content is a true mix of what we have played over the years with one exception and that is indulgence on my part. There will be no re-print this year so when they have gone there will be no more.

For accomodation, information have a look on the Dab of Soul thread they seem to have it well covered.

Original DJ line up of Dave Evison, Keith Minshull and Gary Taylor will be on the decks. Guest will be Ben Astle when I have given him a call and if he is available. Spoke with Keith and he is feeling a lot better.

First things first, the road conditions around here are now pretty good and for once the council has done a good job with the pavements and car parks.

Secondly the anniversary CDs arrived this morning courtesy of UPS. The content is a true mix of what we have played over the years with one exception and that is indulgence on my part. There will be no re-print this year so when they have gone there will be no more.

For accomodation, information have a look on the Dab of Soul thread they seem to have it well covered.

Original DJ line up of Dave Evison, Keith Minshull and Gary Taylor will be on the decks. Guest will be Ben Astle when I have given him a call and if he is available. Spoke with Keith and he is feeling a lot better.

Just had a call from the venue and they have had several calls from people trying to get tickets, I've had a couple as well.

This is not an all ticket event it is £5 each, pay on the door. The official capacity is 550 but please bear in mind that there is limited seating as the dancefloor has to be clear. Arrive early if you want a perch.

A fiver gets you into both rooms; classic and northern in the main hall and 70s/crossover upstairs with a Dab of Soul. So 8 DJs, 2 rooms, 5 hours of music and a chance of 2 free Cds.

Not many venues these days that get 550 in Ray, especially afer 13 years! Lets hope you get near the 450 plus of last years anniversary. Nantwich really is the only place to be this Saturday...something for everybody, 2x free Cds, 8 quality DJs (plus Dave and me!) in 2 rooms all for a fiver!

Chris.

Chris I had actually included you and Dave in the 8 quality DJs. I'm told you have an excellent record collection, not heard it myself but you are always blocking the bar when I come upstairs to see you.

Ray, I prefer to let these Young`uns have a go like Mr Lucas!

Still got all of those oldies in a big box, would love to dig them out sometime and give them a spin.

We used to do oldies events in Burton, very similar to Nantwich. The Town hall and Allied Brewery social club regularly had 450+ thru the doors, great memories!

Chris

Ray, I prefer to let these Young`uns have a go like Mr Lucas!

Still got all of those oldies in a big box, would love to dig them out sometime and give them a spin.

We used to do oldies events in Burton, very similar to Nantwich. The Town hall and Allied Brewery social club regularly had 450+ thru the doors, great memories!

Chris

OK Chis, that's a done deal, Ben has not confirmed yet so you will be doing a spot of oldies. Probably best early doors.

Quick weather report from Nantwich. Massive thaw today it was actually 7 degrees at one point this afternoon {that's centigrade not farenheight}. All roads are clear and there is very little ice left but watch out for pot holes.

For those that are curious what is on the anniversary CD, Mary Fox might be playing a track or two on BBC Radio Stoke 94.6 FM tonight 7-9pm. or you can catch it on i-player.

Thanks Chris

This is the last post from me.

Keith "the badge man" rang this morning and will be with us tonight.

So if you have any of your Crimble money left he will have some goodies.

As usual, there will be a few record dealers as well.

Ben has not confirmed yet but I had the wrong number, so he will probably be OK.