Tavasco 'love Is Trying To Get A Hold Of Me' 7" Rampart

Should have a stone minter of this one up for grabs on here within next week or so - can you lovely people give me a good idea of how much I should slap on it?

Ta...MRez

Social source share

• Replies 21
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Mark,

I thought the last one that was auctioned went for about £700

Thx John - that one @ £700 was way off M-.....my copy will have had 6 / 7 plays max......hoping for a bit more than £700 - anyone?

Social source share

These are the prices I've seen Mark, the A meaning JM auctions:

559A 600 700 408A 664A

600 700

Cheers Paul - I've already been PM'd a £750 offer so I guess we are all 'around' the same price..ish?

M

Social source share

4733078102.jpg

I am genuinely surprised how much this goes for nowadays ! , a long lost mate of mine picked up a copy of it , in about 88 - 89 for £40 , he no longer attends nights or collects anymore , we parted our ways over £350 I lent him that he never gave back !! I know where he lives and am sorely tempted to make contact as a mutual mate states he still has all his 45's tucked away in his loft !!!

g.gif

Social source share

Thats what it was going for around that time. Thats when I got mine and it was the same price.

John did you get your`s via Rod D,i`m sure i got mine from him at that time

for around the same price £30/40,also had a Melvin Moore around the same time for around £60 :yes: ,i`d of thought Mark would have been buying this sort of stuff at that time also?.

Dave f...........

Social source share

Last coupla eBay prices seem to have gone NUTS - I don't wanna put stuff like this on the evil one - too risky - but ya CANNOT argue that this piece is on the up and up - last 2 Popsike prices are/were $1301 and $1202 and I cannot ignore that sorta level of interest. Believe me - this copy is 99% M-...has had less than 5 / 6 plays in it's short lifetime - people who know this stuff better than me say there are less than 50 copies in circulation?

Go figure...........

Social source share

Don`t think i`ve seen a promo,anychance of a scan?,is this the copy you

picked up cheap?,or am i thinking ok someone else?.

Dave f.........

I think mine is a demo too. May take a while to check as its in one of my boxes in the loft

I didn't get mine from Rod, I got mine from Dave Halsall at the Norfolk Village one Friday night

Edited by John Reed
Social source share

Guest john s

Why don't you stick it on ebay with a $1200 opening bid? It can sit there for 10 days, either sell or not.

If it doesn't, you're out for a quid or two, depending on how many bells and whistles you put on the listing, and if it does you've got $1200 or more...

BUT ebay will take 9%, so your $1200 becomes $1092 once you've paid ebay their cut, which is approximately £690 at current exchange rate...

so you'd probably be better off taking the £750.

Unless you start it at $1400 of course...

Social source share

John did you get your`s via Rod D,i`m sure i got mine from him at that time

for around the same price £30/40,also had a Melvin Moore around the same time for around £60 thumbsup.gif ,i`d of thought Mark would have been buying this sort of stuff at that time also?.

Dave f...........

Bang on boys !! , my mate paid £ 100 cash - 88 - 89 at Blackburn Allnighter for both !! , Can' t remember sellers name but he's a Preston lad , and I remember him as a regular from Halfway House , and Parkers !!! ,

In his box that night was Daybreak , Garfield Fleming , Ronnie Stokes 12 " , Four Below Zero & Four Tracks ( Charade ) , unknown ish !! , We The People , Veda , Larry Saunders

I had given up collecting sevens and was thinking 12 " & albums were the future !!

My mate cleared his box at at a bargain price later of £ 500 cash for 40 odd singles and a couple of 12 " , namely original Jay Player and King Tutt ,as he lost his job ,

Social source share

These are the prices I've seen Mark, the A meaning JM auctions:

559A 600 700 408A 664A

600 700

This was always a 45 that was around and I thought I could buy at anytime I wanted... not now though.

I also got a copy of The Constellations "I Don't Know About You" from Butch for £20...

Then sold it for £20 to a mate - it was £250 at Prestatyn 5 years later... - should have bought it then cos it lovely but now a small fortune to retrieve!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!