• Replies 24
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

mine was 7 souls issue

:hatsoff2: I THINK YOU WILL FIND THE EARLY 78s FROM THE 20s - 30s WILL KNOCK THE SPOTS OFF ANT RARE SOUL?? ROBERT JOHNSON 78s BIG$$S-VOCALLIOUN-RCA-Okeh- WERE THE ORIGANAL RACE LABALS.ANY 78 WITH BLUES OR JAZZ PRE WAR ARE THE ONES TO LOOKK 4:ph34r: DAVE KIL

Social source share

northern/rare soul wise i say the sandi sheldon big 45 youre gonna make me love you issue is probably the rarest. theres quite a few tough issues. johnny robinson, ken williams etc. but demo wise , no rare ones at all as they are all accessible if you got the coin. as has been said some of the early blues and even `band` thingsfrom the 30`s-50`s are rarer than the northern. we have some cab calloway things kickin around. not sure how rare they are but there or8.thumbsup.gif

dave

Social source share

:hatsoff2: Hi are you OKeh .....Talking to Pete S to-day abouy this subject, and you want to know the rarest SOUL Release on yje OKeh Label.

:king: Well we both agree that by far the rarest OKeh SOUL Single is............? As Pete is better at write up,s as it takes me ages to get to the piont as I just On & on & on? So the man himself the one they Call baldlocks jah greadbin the Gangster of Wombourne Mr Pete DUB BWoy Smith.....He is the Primeminister You Know wot I mean Harrt:king: BLESS you:ph34r: DAVE KIL

Social source share

hatsoff2.gif Hi are you OKeh .....Talking to Pete S to-day abouy this subject, and you want to know the rarest SOUL Release on yje OKeh Label.

king.gif Well we both agree that by far the rarest OKeh SOUL Single is............? As Pete is better at write up,s as it takes me ages to get to the piont as I just On & on & on? So the man himself the one they Call baldlocks jah greadbin the Gangster of Wombourne Mr Pete DUB BWoy Smith.....He is the Primeminister You Know wot I mean Harrtking.gif BLESS youph34r.gif DAVE KIL

SAY WHAAAATwacko.gif

DAVE

Social source share

hatsoff2.gif Hi are you OKeh .....Talking to Pete S to-day abouy this subject, and you want to know the rarest SOUL Release on yje OKeh Label.

king.gif Well we both agree that by far the rarest OKeh SOUL Single is............? As Pete is better at write up,s as it takes me ages to get to the piont as I just On & on & on? So the man himself the one they Call baldlocks jah greadbin the Gangster of Wombourne Mr Pete DUB BWoy Smith.....He is the Primeminister You Know wot I mean Harrtking.gif BLESS youph34r.gif DAVE KIL

Yes, thank you Dave, the rarest (not the most expensive, but the rarest) Okeh soul 45 is the Vibrations "And I Love Her" withdrawn with Pic sleeve, which was replaced with "Soul-a-go go", same catalogue number.

Social source share

hatsoff2.gif Hi are you OKeh .....Talking to Pete S to-day about this subject, and you want to know the rarest SOUL Release on the OKeh Label.

king.gif Well we both agree that by far the rarest OKeh SOUL Single is............? As Pete is better at write up,s as it takes me ages to get to the point as I just On & on & on? So the man himself the one they Call bald locks jah Breadbin the Gangster of Wombourne Mr Pete DUB BWoy Smith.....He is the Prime Minister You Know wot I mean Harryking.gif BLESS youph34r.gif DAVE KIL

hatsoff2.gif Thanks Pete:- so now you know!! it is the Vibrations withdrawn Pic Leave "and I love her".thumbup.gif

boxing.gifI must add I have issues around my spelling in gen and I use spellcheck! However if I don,t see it as wrong I don't check it? so from now on I will get into the habit good.gif

shhh.gif DISLEXIARE LURES KO!ph34r.gifDAVE KIL

Social source share

northern/rare soul wise i say the sandi sheldon big 45 youre gonna make me love you issue is probably the rarest. theres quite a few tough issues. johnny robinson, ken williams etc. but demo wise , no rare ones at all as they are all accessible if you got the coin. as has been said some of the early blues and even `band` thingsfrom the 30`s-50`s are rarer than the northern. we have some cab calloway things kickin around. not sure how rare they are but there or8.thumbsup.gif

dave

any one got label scans of issues...i.ve never seen sandi sheldon,ken williams,johnny robinson

cheers

snooky

Social source share

hatsoff2.gif Hi hope you are keeping OKeh. I am surprised that following my 1st reply Re:- Early 78s on the OKeh Label, which got that amazing article regarding the Indian Chiefs Head? the reply was "keep it to the rarest Soul release or Demo? after seeing Pete last Saturday we agreed it was the Vibrations "and I love her" withdrawn with its Picture Cover, this is the rarest on OKeh. However know one has replied to our finding as that what the original question was about? I totally agree that the 7 Souls, Sandi Sheldon and More are desirable and go for big $££$£$s but as stated in other threads on what is the difference is or what rare means? it is a simple matter of trying to find something and not getting it even if you have the cash, and the reason is that for some reason such as withdrawn 45s at the Demo stage in the US or obscure small runs at different pressing Plants (just look at the Beatles singles and this all becomes as clear as Mud) or a withdrawn issue as a example UK releases:- Little Hank, Jimmy Thomas, Sly Stone "Dance to the music" or another example of rare 45 is on the KING label UK Mary Love and the Rumblers are the most expensive, but its KING KG 1028 May Davis "Butterflies" that has a cult following but which one sells for 600% more?

Any way what do you think about our disclosure of the Vibrations as the Rarest OKeh 45shhh.gif

ph34r.gif DAVE KIL

Social source share

Yes, thank you Dave, the rarest (not the most expensive, but the rarest) Okeh soul 45 is the Vibrations "And I Love Her" withdrawn with Pic sleeve, which was replaced with "Soul-a-go go", same catalogue number.

Isn't "Soul-A-GoGo" backed with "And I Love Her" Pete, (sure it is on mine...) so is it the Pic Cover that's rare or are you saying it was flipped?

Confused... of... errrrr?

:rolleyes:

Sean

Social source share

ame='snooky' date='11 January 2010 - 09:49 PM' timestamp='1263246596' post='1235384']

:hatsoff2: Hi hope you are keeping OKeh. I am surprised that following my 1st reply Re:- Early 78s on the OKeh Label, which got that amazing article regarding the Indian Chiefs Head? the reply was "keep it to the rarest Soul release or Demo? after seeing Pete last Saturday we agreed it was the Vibrations "and I love her" withdrawn with its Picture Cover, this is the rarest on OKeh. However know one has replied to our finding as that what the original question was about? I totally agree that the 7 Souls, Sandi Sheldon and More are desirable and go for big $££$£$s but as stated in other threads on what is the difference is or what rare means? it is a simple matter of trying to find something and not getting it even if you have the cash, and the reason is that for some reason such as withdrawn 45s at the Demo stage in the US or obscure small runs at different pressing Plants (just look at the Beatles singles and this all becomes as clear as Mud) or a withdrawn issue as a example UK releases:- Little Hank, Jimmy Thomas, Sly Stone "Dance to the music" or another example of rare 45 is on the KING label UK Mary Love and the Rumblers are the most expensive, but its KING KG 1028 May Davis "Butterflies" that has a cult following but which one sells for 600% more?

Any way what do you think about our disclosure of the Vibrations as the Rarest OKeh 45:shhh:

:ph34r: DAVE KIL

7 souls issues are not that rare just a little pricey. i cant comment on the vibrations 45. ive never had it ........ but then again ive never looked for it

dave

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Tom Walsh

Isn't "Soul-A-GoGo" backed with "And I Love Her" Pete, (sure it is on mine...) so is it the Pic Cover that's rare or are you saying it was flipped?

Confused... of... errrrr?

g.gif

Sean

The picture cover comes with a demo copy of "And I Love Her" on both sides!

Pete pirate.gif

Social source share

If we are talking Northern 60's then surly it has to be Sandi Sheldon. Your Major Harris / Severn Souls to be honest are not that rare or at least were not rare BITD but your Sandi Sheldon that is a genuine rare record.

p.s. Having said that my Major Harris is stonkingly as rare as rockin' horse shi*. MINT MINT MINT VINYL!! NOT STYRENE AND A MOULDED ON LABEL, now who has ever seen one of those then eh?? oh and its a nice demo too!!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!