Carol Jones - Don't Destroy Me

Ljblanken

i just picked up a copy of "don't destroy me" by carol jones on mutt.

someone told me that there is an alternate release of the same song, except with a lush string arrangement in the place of the horns. is that true? and does anyone know what that release is? (same label, etc) thanks!

Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

dang! i just checked refosoul and found both clips (i should have checked there first). well.... does anyone know about price then? is the string version much harder to come by?

In my experience the horn version is more sought after and less common than the string version (neither are very expensive). Does anyone else feel the same way?

Social source share

Aren't there 3 versions? horns, strings & then one other that is either horns or strings but with harder drums? The third is easy to spot because it has lines on the label & is a different catalog number than the other 2, it is a totally different recording. With the first two the only difference is the horns vs strings & the flip on the string version is sped up. Mutt was convinced they would get a hit with this so they recorded, mixed & released it 3 times.

Edited by Kris Holmes
Social source share

The third is easy to spot because it has lines on the label & is a different catalog number than the other 2, it is a totally different recording.

my favourite version, and luckily the one i got on ebay (for 3 quid or something) back when i didn't know there were other versions.

aha, thread about them with clips:

Edited by michael-j
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!