Jackie Moore - Do Ya' Got What It Takes

Reg Scott

Hi All,

Stumbled on this tune - Jackie Moore - Do Ya' Got What It Takes - CBS. I don't know much about it other than I like it.

I was wondering if some of the sage cats on this forum can provide some background info.

In particular, is the 45 version different to the LP cut, was there a US 45 release and, as I'm an anti-social type and wouldn't have a clue, is it a track that is ever played out? Rarity or the opposite would be interesting also.

Any other nuggets appreciated.

Thanks in advance...

Greg. :thumbup:

Social source share

• Replies 15
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Old Clifton Hall tune for yours truly (early 80's) and revived a couple of years ago by Martin Dixon (Cunnie).

I see more UK Demo's than UK issues.

Not a big seller at time of release, but certainly does the Biz (IMO).

Such Fabulous vocals from the gorgeous Jackie Moore.

A Top Tip mate.

:thumbup:

Sean

Social source share

Old Clifton Hall tune for yours truly (early 80's) and revived a couple of years ago by Martin Dixon (Cunnie).

I see more UK Demo's than UK issues.

Not a big seller at time of release, but certainly does the Biz (IMO).

Such Fabulous vocals from the gorgeous Jackie Moore.

A Top Tip mate.

:thumbup:

Sean

Agree with you entirely Sean mate.

When I heard it I couldn't believe I'd missed it until now - brilliant vocals and so soulful..

ATB

Greg. :thumbup:

Social source share

Great 70s dancer in my opinion! :thumbsup:

It did get a US 7" issue, but it is quite hard to find because it sold poorly and "Do Ya' Got What It Takes" was only included on the issue copies. The demo copies has got stereo/mono versions of the (also good) "How's Your Love Life Baby". So make sure you get an issue copy if you're going for the US issue. Here's the info:

Jackie Moore - How's Your Love Life Baby / Do Ya' Got What It Takes - COLUMBIA 11140

Here are scans of the US 7":

post-1392-1262888027848_thumb.jpg post-1392-12628880365173_thumb.jpg

Was also issued in Holland with a sleeve:

post-1392-12628881446008_thumb.jpg post-1392-12628881262231_thumb.jpg post-1392-12628881364896_thumb.jpg

post-1392-1262888027848_thumb.jpg

post-1392-12628880365173_thumb.jpg

post-1392-12628881262231_thumb.jpg

post-1392-12628881364896_thumb.jpg

post-1392-12628881446008_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Great 70s dancer in my opinion! thumbsup.gif

It did get a US 7" issue, but it is quite hard to find because it sold poorly and "Do Ya' Got What It Takes" was only included on the issue copies. The demo copies has got stereo/mono versions of the (also good) "How's Your Love Life Baby". So make sure you get an issue copy if you're going for the US issue. Here's the info:

Jackie Moore - How's Your Love Life Baby / Do Ya' Got What It Takes - COLUMBIA 11140

Here are scans of the US 7":

post-1392-1262888027848_thumb.jpg post-1392-12628880365173_thumb.jpg

Was also issued in Holland with a sleeve:

post-1392-12628881446008_thumb.jpg post-1392-12628881262231_thumb.jpg post-1392-12628881364896_thumb.jpg

thanks for that seb mine is the us issue top record

Social source share

Great 70s dancer in my opinion! :thumbup:

Thanks Sebastian,

I couldn't find any info on a US release only the UK demo. Do you know if the cut is the same on the US and UK releases and indeed the "I'm On My Way" LP version?

Thanks

Greg. :thumbsup:

Edited by ClearVinyl
Social source share

CHEERS RICHARD.......NICE.

BRI PINCH.

Eh Up Bri,

I've got a US issue on its way and, for completeness, will compare that with the UK Demo that I have currently.

Then, in proper anorak stylee, I'll let you know how they compare.

BTW Thanks to Seb for locating a copy of the quite hard to find US issue. Cheers Buddy! :thumbup:

Regards,

Greg. :thumbsup:

Social source share

jackie_moore_80.jpg

Bloody hell , I'd forgotten that one !!!, great record and a lost dancefloor classic , more spins please dj's !!!! thumbsup.gif

Had both this LP and I'm On My Way since first hearing This Time Baby at a Miami Beach Disco whilst on holiday in 1979.

Great track called Walk Away From Love on the With Your Love LP.

I can remember hearing HEART BE STILL at the Mecca and going out and buying her Make Me Feel Like A Woman LP for the track.

Does Heart Be Still get played anywhere now ?

Great singer.

Steve

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!